Flying with Malyasia airlines, BKK to London... Advice please?

Luung

I've got to go back to sunny England in October & I've noticed a load of 'Malaysia Air' flights going cheap & by the look of things, it's a direct flight from KL???

Apart from the fact that the aeoplane might drop into the sea or I may well get food poisoning of legionaries disease, a few people who I've talked to have said that just right now they're pulling the stops out to try & make up for the loss of reputation of late?

So.. Has anyone flown with them, & if so, how would you rate the experience?

Is it a direct flight to London from KL?... It's showing 13 hrs something

And do they serve booze throughout the trip?

Not particularly bothered about the attitudes of the staff or the level of service, as I just act accordingly & piss them off for the whole trip, if they act up.

• Upvote 1

I flew with Malaysian Airways direct to KL and back from Manchester on a 747 (12.5 hrs) and then from KL to BKK and back, flights and service were great, we were even on the same plane as the Manchester United players B) ....mind you this was back in July 2001

These days the good news is that you would be flying on A380's and there are two direct Flights per day KUL - LHR -  KUL .

As for alcohol MH have a booze ban on any Flights under 3 hours  :hi:

• Upvote 2

Do you have a will??  Just joking.  How many flights do they have any one day??

There's two flights that I know of Archie, & they're brilliant time wise, as they drop me off in London first thing in the morning.. So I can go off & do some shop lifting  :biggrin:

I flew with Malaysian Airways direct to KL and back from Manchester on a 747 (12.5 hrs) and then from KL to BKK and back, flights and service were great, we were even on the same plane as the Manchester United players B) ....mind you this was back in July 2001

These days the good news is that you would be flying on A380's and there are two direct Flights per day KUL - LHR -  KUL .

As for alcohol MH have a booze ban on any Flights under 3 hours  :hi:

Thanks for that Duke!!. I do have a funny feeling that the flight might be a bit dry, even on a long intercontinental stretch?

:hi:

Oh no Lung you misunderstood me.  What i meant was you see how many flights/day they have system wide and they all manage to take off and land safely!!  If the flights work for you and the price is right, I would not hesitate to fly them.  Well maybe a little. I think all those poor souls on MH 17 thought the same thing that lightning wouldnt strike twice.  Too bad it wasnt lightning instead of a Russian missile hitting that flight.  

Lightning strikes are pretty common. I have been on flights where the plane has been struck.  Its weird.  It can take out the electrical systems which is no joke.  It happens, lightning strikes that is, all the time.