Soi Buakhao/Treetown/Soi Pothole Watch!

Stroker

On 10/1/2022 at 2:03 PM, Laawman said:

I haven't thoroughly investigated every bar there (yet) but off the top of my head they would be Pom Blue Sky (I'm assuming they mean Mr Blue Sky), Golden Moon Bar, Nonnoi Bar, Matador Bar and Long Huang (Wang?) 35 Bar. Watch this space..........

Spotted another place last night in soi MiT, name of Blue Moon bar. About 5 LBs in residence at time of writing, 4 of which can be seen here.

Just  sayin'.......

PXL_20230503_163952948.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Laawman said:

Spotted another place last night in soi MiT, name of Blue Moon bar. About 5 LBs in residence at time of writing, 4 of which can be seen here.

Just  sayin'.......

PXL_20230503_163952948.jpg

Nice catch LM.......Any plans of deep research?

• Like 1

Well I  went along again last night but there was only one left standing! I can confirm that the bar fine is only 300 though.

There are 2 more in the bar opposite - one is more 'mature' shall we say, and the other appears to be a wannabe sissy boy which might interest some.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Lets call it 'Shed Town'...

The condenced version; Covid hit, everything closed, management company didn't charge rent. Land owner asked where his money was for the last few years...his cousin ran the management company, bit of a falling out so he pulled it all down; there were bars there folk had just paid 1m thb for. 

Alledegedly put up for sale but no one will sell prime real estate in Patts if they have any sense. They were looking for a 25 year lease with 100% investment; there was no intention to sell.

So...another management company arose with a plan; divide it into 50 lots. 50k initial deposit, once construction started 100k, then 300k key money. The math; 2.5m from deposits paid for things to get going, 5m to build the bars, 15m from key money which I'm guessing will go straight to the Land Owner for rent of the area.

The Dodgy Gits

Several Soi 7 ladies bar owners bought multiple units which they've since rebranded & are asking 900k takeover plus everything else...:huh:

First concrete pour yesterday...

image.jpeg.54653d9350a778cc62b8d1b29b5c2bf2.jpeg

• Like 4

Honestly, we don't give a damn about the backstage deals with the owners, their cousins, and all that jazz. Soi MIT is a razed block. We don't need to waste our time figuring out the whys and the hows. We'll see what eventually unfolds, and Pdoggg will keep us informed when something interesting happens.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Quinn said:

Who is 'We' ? As a resident of Pattaya/Jomtien it's good to know about the wheeling and dealing and where my hard earned is going - and which businesses to avoid.

As a resident of the Pattaya Metropolitan area I'm also very interested in the asking prices and real prices of getting into the bar (and other) businesses.  On Nick's Youtube channel he discusses prices at the empty Blue Ratree beer bar complex near Action Street.  The key money for one of the little bars at Blue Ratree is  2 million baht which seems excessive for what has always been a poor location.  On the other hand MIT has always been a busy location and probably now even more valuable given the success of Treetown.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Honestly, we don't give a damn about the backstage deals with the owners, their cousins, and all that jazz. Soi MIT is a razed block. We don't need to waste our time figuring out the whys and the hows. We'll see what eventually unfolds, and Pdoggg will keep us informed when something interesting happens.

Your post is atypical of your approach to anything I put on the forum; I view it as an attempt of forum bullying to stop any input I may wish to make. So guess what, just for you I'll restart the Newbar thread to keep everyone informed of whats going on at our end of Soi MiT.

Thankyou very much. :rolleye0012:

• Like 4

I too welcome Petesie's update on Pattaya's bar trends, especially in that it contradicts my fatalistic prognostic of imminent demise.  I hope soit MIT comes back to its former glory and consolidates an MIT-Treetown-Action-Chayapoom fuck trail.  HOWEVER, over the last 10 years, just riding the baht bus I have witnessed the smaller bar plazas and sex sois along 2nd road and Beach road close for good one-by-one and my reckoning is that those losses are not being offset by the Buakhao fuck trail.  It's not the number of bars that matters, it's the number of bargirls/barsissies.  And the evidence is that bars are operating with fewer staff not by choice but because they can't recruit and retain.  The same is happening in Angeles where all bars in the back of Walking Street and most of those along Perimeter Road have closed for good.  So, I don't see why anyone would pay "2 million key money" unless the bar comes with staff or has a location (such as smack in the middle of Walking Street) that ensures prostis will want to work there...

I also welcome the resumption of updates on Newbar which along with Delirious have firmly established themselves as the gathering spots for the more visible members of our sissy mongers community.   By circumstances of my own doing, I can only observe them from the distance at the bar right across (that has a couple of sissies) and I can tell everyone is having a good time at Newbar.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2023 at 12:23 AM, petesie said:

Lets call it 'Shed Town'...

The condenced version; Covid hit, everything closed, management company didn't charge rent. Land owner asked where his money was for the last few years...his cousin ran the management company, bit of a falling out so he pulled it all down; there were bars there folk had just paid 1m thb for. 

Alledegedly put up for sale but no one will sell prime real estate in Patts if they have any sense. They were looking for a 25 year lease with 100% investment; there was no intention to sell.

So...another management company arose with a plan; divide it into 50 lots. 50k initial deposit, once construction started 100k, then 300k key money. The math; 2.5m from deposits paid for things to get going, 5m to build the bars, 15m from key money which I'm guessing will go straight to the Land Owner for rent of the area.

The Dodgy Gits

Several Soi 7 ladies bar owners bought multiple units which they've since rebranded & are asking 900k takeover plus everything else...:huh:

First concrete pour yesterday...

image.jpeg.54653d9350a778cc62b8d1b29b5c2bf2.jpeg

Interesting update, Petesie. Cheers.

3 hours ago, Rom said:

I also welcome the resumption of updates on Newbar which along with Delirious have firmly established themselves as the gathering spots for the more visible members of our sissy mongers community.   By circumstances of my own doing, I can only observe them from the distance at the bar right across (that has a couple of sissies) and I can tell everyone is having a good time at Newbar.

Whatever makes you think you would not be welcome? :huh:

3 hours ago, petesie said:

Whatever makes you think you would not be welcome? :huh:

Thanks for saying it like that. i am sure New and u would receive me as professionally and courteously as any other paying patron. Just that I am not sure what to expect from some of your regulars.

By the way where is Thaiger Bar? Is it the one against the wall to the left (with New against the wall to the right?) If so, I've been stopping by...

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

As a resident of the Pattaya Metropolitan area I'm also very interested in the asking prices and real prices of getting into the bar (and other) businesses.  On Nick's Youtube channel he discusses prices at the empty Blue Ratree beer bar complex near Action Street.  The key money for one of the little bars at Blue Ratree is  2 million baht which seems excessive for what has always been a poor location.  On the other hand MIT has always been a busy location and probably now even more valuable given the success of Treetown.  

I do appreciate your efforts to bring information dealing with Pattaya. It's always good to read your updates and fresh news about the scene. 

I know it's not easy to provide exact information and I like how you work to to post unbiased information  without hogging the limelight. I hope that activity will resume at Soi MIT as soon as possible and eagerly anticipate your posts announcing each step of this recovery. That'll be my pleasure. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 3:17 AM, petesie said:

Your post is atypical of your approach to anything I put on the forum; I view it as an attempt of forum bullying to stop any input I may wish to make. So guess what, just for you I'll restart the Newbar thread to keep everyone informed of whats going on at our end of Soi MiT.

Thankyou very much. :rolleye0012:

I liked your your post and welcome it..........thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Things end badly for tourists who start a scene with bouncers at Matador Bar.

Dumb & Dumber

Dumb gets floored and comes back for more and throws the first punch.

Dumber said he gave 2000 baht to the bouncers so they can come back tomorrow to the bar whose bouncers beat the crap out of Dumb.

Instead of getting out of there fast, Dumb & Dumber stick around for the police to take their turn at them...

I cant understand what the Thais said, maybe there is more to the story...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rom said:

I cant understand what the Thais said, maybe there is more to the story...

15 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

We don't know how the whole story started but I can see 2 guys being beaten by safety agents. 

Story in Pattaya Mail suggests the father was refused service at bar, probably because he was drunk and/or offensive, then started altercation with security guard on leaving. Never a good idea.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/elderly-tourist-injured-in-heated-pattaya-bar-brawl-437610

Screenshot 2023-08-12 15.12.28.png

• Like 1

I was actually there at the time - must make an effort to visit more classier joints. The old guy was was kicked unconscious and was left lying in the road with no police or ambulance in attendance. Even when I left 30 mins later, still none had arrived. Lucky for them he didn't slip into a coma and die otherwise they'd be facing some serious charges.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Laawman said:

I was actually there at the time - must make an effort to visit more classier joints. The old guy was was kicked unconscious and was left lying in the road with no police or ambulance in attendance. Even when I left 30 mins later, still none had arrived. Lucky for them he didn't slip into a coma and die otherwise they'd be facing some serious charges.

Just for pushing away a staff member after the bar owner told him to leave. It's an "expensive price" for having been rude.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...