Soi Buakhao/Treetown/Soi Pothole Watch!

Stroker

Princess Bar has "Ladyboy" right in the title and Duangjai has a big neon(?) sign out front saying "Ladyboy Bar"?

Since when did truth in advertising hit the bar scene? Does the mean the days have passed when the girl will come out of the shower and sit on the bed still wrapped in a towel and sheepishly say "I have something to tell you..."...?

Kinda makes me nostalgic...

:drinks:

• Like 1

There is a new LB GoGo opening on Soi Buakhao in about 10 days or so named Surprise Yourself. It is on Buakhao at the Soi where Baby Boom is located. Across that small soi from Asia Backpackers. Construction is still in progress. I talked to the French owner last night at the grand opening of the Baku Guest House restaurant/coffee shop. Good crowd of LB lovers in attendance. 

On 1/24/2018 at 8:31 PM, duke007 said:

My friend Mo says a new bar is opening tonight called the Princess Ladyboy bar located near the R Con Blue Ocean Hotel on Soi Buakhao

I wish them luck but this is a pretty tough location business wise. It's behind the Tesco Lotus Express in a hidden beer bar complex and most of the other bars are closed. You can sort of see the beginning of the bar complex down the alley in the link below. 

I went in last night and there were two LBs and neither were of interest. Maybe if they can build a good staff and have good management they can pull LB lovers into the bar as we will go most anywhere for a good LB bar.  :yes:  I'll check it out again in a few day but honestly I don't have a good feeling about the place. Hope I am wrong.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9260492,100.8816496,3a,37.5y,335.75h,88.44t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sbBUYTPEXsyqYTdvXLLj_wA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i46

A couple of early snaps of Surprise.

Surprise.jpg

Men at Work.jpg

• Like 1

So Princess Bar is in the beer bar complex where Omlette Bar was?

Her name escapes me but the former cashier at Famous Bar and Pooks had some interest or involvement at that bar.

Also upstairs was a little bar that opened early for us for Super Bowl one year, think Thaibound handled the details.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It will be interesting to hit some of the parties at Surprise Yourself. They hadn't really started when I was there last winter. They seem to be some new ideas but we shall see how fun they are and continue to be.

I always thought Halloween wasn't great in Pattaya. LBs making themselves ugly so I can't figure out what they really look like. B)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 3:31 PM, xyzzy said:

Not sure this is the proper thread but Soi Chaiyapoon/Pothole is being redone as I write this.

Took a Christmas wander down that way this morning to see how far the progress was going.   Looks like they are concentrating on the Buakhao end for the moment.

003A315B-1C19-437E-BB16-025F0B00DE0A.jpeg

3087435C-1673-48F2-B0A2-D60676988A48.jpeg

372C2731-ADAB-4027-94FE-693047F3502E.jpeg

24A85CB5-48EF-4FDF-8CDB-C8AFF9A16E03.jpeg

5C4B4673-CB2C-45E9-BE44-08E09F27825D.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

NO WAY!!!!  This is akin to the falling of the Berlin Wall!!  Its a momentus historical event!!!  Wonder how long until the potholes come back?

The potholes may come back soon if they don't pave Soi Chaiyapoon soon. So far they removed the old surface down to it's base gravel layer and have done nothing else since early in the week. It rained a little yesterday and parts of the soi were a muddy mess. A hard rain would be a very bad thing.