Has the Thai Ladyboy Scene Lost its Naughty Edge?

Stroker

I know a few members here are fond of Mouth Moy bar, maybe because it's quite basic with a hint of the wild west about it, a nod to places like Tripe X in years gone by perhaps. There is a feeling of adventure when drinking there I find, a case of anything could happen next.  But with the internet, dating sites and plush bars dominating the scene nowadays, perhaps it has become all too sanitized, safe and easy and lacks the naughty pioneering edge of times past to some guys. 

So has that exciting thrill gone to some extent, and if so, can it be found in newer frontiers like Cambodia, The Philippines etc.

Funny this thread should come up, because I was just thinking the same thing this evening!!! Perhaps we have become accustomed to it, or it has just become a bit normal, but the sleaze factor has gone, certainly for me. Now, I know that I am partly to blame for this, staying with the same LB for the last 3 or 4 trips has kind of diluted the thrill of finding somebody new and more kinky than anybody before, but where do we go from here?

I remember November 2011, the first time hooking up with big Nancy, and knowing the tales and stories of her massive appendage, a thing of legend by all means, and the excitement of unlocking the door to my room with the big girl beside, wondering how true these stories were, and exactly what was going to happen to me that night. I was certainly not disappointed, just like I was never disappointed 10 years ago slipping off to soi 6 mid afternoon for a sneaky rendezvous with a victim in Hi Boss. Although I think I was the victim, which made it all that much more sleazy. First trip to Thailand I ever had, nervously hooking up with soi 8 Patsy, and taking her back to the room, praying the lads who were with me on that trip, wouldn't catch me on. It was that excitement which will always be remembered.

Now it just feels too ordinary, to the point I am considering when or if I want to go back. I reckon the good friends I have made over the years would always be a positive factor in wanting to return, but beyond that, I am not sure. Maybe I need to bring the sleazy factor back into it by my own accord. I have possibly become lazy and let it become just normal?? And when Jimslim tells me all about the antics of the Red Horse Battalion, perhaps it is something like this I need to reinvigorate my passion for the scene.

Or maybe I am just a pervy old git who will never be satisfied with the good stuff I already have.

• Upvote 2

The scene has become far too mainstream since the end of the noughties. What we can blame for that is the smartphone.

These days it must be safe to say that there is not one single girl or ladyboy selling herself to foreigners who does not possess a smartphone.

We (the foreigner) had the internet in our homes two decades ago, bargirls only had internet shops. With the advent of the smartphone, within a few short years, we ALL became mobile information whores and the ability to access each other, wherever we were in the world, had arrived.

Thailand, Thai girls and ladyboys have now become so mainstream that it no longer feels like you're doing anything naughty. If it's no longer naughty then it no longer has an edge

In a nutshell: The good old days were those prior to the smartphone era.

• Upvote 5

Anything becomes second nature when you experience it often enough, social interaction with ladyboy's is no exception. Many of us are ten, fifteen, even twenty years down this road, is it any wonder the "naughtiness" has evaporated.

However, for most guys contemplating their inaugural venture, the very perverted thought of bumming their first ladyboy shall still be creating tremors of apprehension and anxiety, much the same as it always has regardless of social media and hand held devices.

• Upvote 2

I agree with pentire, it isn't that the Thai lb experience has last its naughty edge, as much as those who have been into the scene for a while have become used to it.

Even with the advent of social media and the smart phone - those who take the time to post their first encounters are still feeling that "naughty" edge that we did in the early days. It's the same with almost any experience. The more you do it, the less "thrilling" it becomes.

• Upvote 2

I went to Lita's last night, witnessed the debauchery and then picked up a FL on Beach Road at 4:30 AM. I got a BBBJCIM at BB a few nights ago from a very orally talented LB sitting on the long bench seating in front of the stage with six other customers who were into various forms of debauchery. That makes me feel reasonably sleazy. Nothing will ever be as good as the first time. Unless it took me two times to get it right. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Okay I have been to Pattaya 8 times, where in the hell is "Mouth Moy bar" . Pd I can always find the Darkside.

It's the tiny bar with the brown and black counter top and the Coca-Cola refrigerator. It's in a little alley between Soi 13/3 and Soi 13/4. LB FLs come and go there through the night to/from Beach Road. They set up a few tables in the alley later on. Can be totally hit or miss. Click on "Back to map" gray bar and zoom in for the map location.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9281059,100.8763965,3a,75y,355.81h,73.6t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sp-GXM2R082MYJ3AaqUfnXg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dp-GXM2R082MYJ3AaqUfnXg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D180.21971%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656

• Upvote 3

For many of us I think we have to acknowledge that we've got older.

For me for sure that is a factor. I no longer get the magnetic hum about sleaze that I used to.

It's not just being used to any scene or anything like that. Nor technology, nor worries about mainstream taking over. I find that the whole sexotic adventure just doesn't wind me up like it used to, even as much as say, 5 years ago.

Age does weary them, and the years condemn.

• Upvote 3

For me for sure that is a factor. I no longer get the magnetic hum about sleaze that I used to.

It's not just being used to any scene or anything like that. Nor technology, nor worries about mainstream taking over. I find that the whole sexotic adventure just doesn't wind me up like it used to, even as much as say, 5 years ago.

Ain't that the truth Mr. Ken...ain't that the truth. It is the magic/tragic tick tock of life.

Nonetheless I would still be willing to put on a tight little dress for you and see if I could reignite that sexotic adventure I believe still percolates in bubbly you. You can't fool me old chap. I know you can still get wound up. Just tell me the colour of dress you prefer.  :biggrin:

Great to see you posting BTW. I hope you are well. XO

• Upvote 1

There's an ANZAC message paraphrased there, KenW, which made me smile. And so true.  I'm 32 on the inside, but on the outside ..... some days I'm too weary to count.  And that's the thing for me. Not so much the loss of edge; rather the loss of power.

• 1 month later...

Sleeze pleaze. I remember very early days pattaya soi diamond Limatqua bar and back then Caligular was mostly LBs. sneeking off to look at these tall lith dark skinned beautys was thrilling to an allmost unbearable degree, especially with 2 mates around who were probably doing the same thing. Wonderfull times long gone

Sleeze pleaze. I remember very early days pattaya soi diamond Limatqua bar and back then Caligular was mostly LBs. 

Howdy Donnnnnny!    :drinks:

A ladyboy gogo, Katoeys R Us, opened a few months ago.

It's in the exact same location on as the old Limatquai.

Howdy Donnnnnny! :drinks:

cheers and yes i know just not same as the sleezy old place with velvet corner cumfys the delapedated stairs and the shower a plastic bucket and ladel ahhhhh sadly gone

Howdy Donnnnnny! :drinks:

cheers and yes i know just not same as the sleezy old place with velvet corner cumfys the delapedated stairs and the shower a plastic bucket and ladel ahhhhh sadly gone