All customers welcome as per usual

24474233510_8de5c2a840_z.jpg

Special 20% discount invite exclusively for CLB members

Simply pick up the invite when you arrive

Regular CLB Member Cards & Guest Cards NOT valid for this event

#labambaevents

Guest LaBambaBar

In anticipation of certain questions:

I am a CLB Member, but none of my Guest Cards have been used, so I have zero discounts available.  Do I get a 20% discount on Feb 29?

Yes.

I am a CLB Member, and three of my Guest Cards have been used, so I have three discounts available.  Do I lose one of those discounts on Feb 29?

No.  You will still have the same number available.

I am NOT a CLB Member.  Can I come to Studio 131 @ Club La Bamba on Feb 29?

Yes.  La Bamba is and always will be open to all customers.

I am NOT a CB Member.  Can I get a 20% discount on Feb 29?

The discount is ONLY available to CLB members.

In anticipation of certain questions:

February 29th is Sadie Hawkins Day.   

Not sure how well known Sadie Hawkins Day is outside of Appalachia.   It's more or less a ladies choice day, that happens once every four years.  The lady gets to choose the guy.

Does this mean that a LaBamba ladyboy can tear the down the pants of an unsuspecting Club LaBamba member against his will and ream his ass?   :behind:   :sign0181:    If so, does the 20% discount apply?    :happy0148:

• Upvote 2

FWIW whoever was behind the bar during Jen's Bday had not a clue about the Club La Bamba card. I was with someone that had a card and that that allowed me a discount also. Annie happened to be within ear shot and she she knew what to do and I suppose we could have asked Nok and maybe some of the other girls as well. But we just just got a blank look from whoever was the cashier. I have no idea how long she has worked there but perhaps a bit of an opportunity for a training experience.   

Guest LaBambaBar

FWIW whoever was behind the bar during Jen's Bday had not a clue about the Club La Bamba card. I was with someone that had a card and that that allowed me a discount also. Annie happened to be within ear shot and she she knew what to do and I suppose we could have asked Nok and maybe some of the other girls as well. But we just just got a blank look from whoever was the cashier. I have no idea how long she has worked there but perhaps a bit of an opportunity for a training experience.   

Did you have a Guest Card, xyzzy?  If yes, then you were entitled to a discount.

If it was your friend that had the Guest card, then only your friend was entitled to a discount.

Did you have a Guest Card, xyzzy?  If yes, then you were entitled to a discount.

If it was your friend that had the Guest card, then only your friend was entitled to a discount.

xyzzy and I were together. I am a member of CLB and xyzzy used one of my guest cards which then entitled me to my discount. The two staff behind the bar did indeed have no clue about what to do. Annie sorted it out with no problem and we both got our 20% discount.

Guest LaBambaBar

xyzzy and I were together. I am a member of CLB and xyzzy used one of my guest cards which then entitled me to my discount. The two staff behind the bar did indeed have no clue about what to do. Annie sorted it out with no problem and we both got our 20% discount.

Nok and Annie both know how things work.

If I may offer a piece of advice, it would be this: tell Nok about this lack of awareness on the part of her staff.  Both of you tell Nok.  Try suggesting that she or Annie (or both of them) make damn sure any of the ladies who may find themselves behind the bar also know how things work.

Nok and Annie both know how things work.

If I may offer a piece of advice, it would be this: tell Nok about this lack of awareness on the part of her staff.  Both of you tell Nok.  Try suggesting that she or Annie (or both of them) make damn sure any of the ladies who may find themselves behind the bar also know how things work.

I understand your point, but I really don't want to have that kind of conversation with Nok. I just want to have a good time at LaBamba and enjoy the benefits of your customer loyalty club without any complications or coming across as a Cheap Charlie.  :unsure:

EDIT: Anyway, look forward to the party on the 29th.

• Upvote 3

[..]

If I may offer a piece of advice, it would be this:  Make sure all the staff know about and understand the discount system.

• Upvote 2

Guest LaBambaBar

If I may offer a piece of advice, it would be this:  Make sure all the staff know about and understand the discount system.

Hey - that's what I said!

In La Bamba's case, any = all.

Hey - that's what I said!

In La Bamba's case, any = all.

No.

In La Bamba's case you placed the onus on the customers to take responsibility for ensuring that they got the message through to the senior staff, I didn't. In communicating directly with La Bamba's forum representative I was placing the onus on you.

• Upvote 1

Guest LaBambaBar

No.

In La Bamba's case you placed the onus on the customers to take responsibility for ensuring that they got the message through to the senior staff, I didn't. In communicating directly with La Bamba's forum representative I was placing the onus on you.

Nope, that's not what you wrote.  At least, it is not clear that that is what you meant.

And, no, it is not my 'responsibility' at all.

The responsibility for making sure the staff have the correct information lies with the owner.

And the only way the owner is going to do anything about it is if customers repeatedly request/demand/insist/complain/& etc.

Customers may complain about any aspect of any bar on any forum, but absolutely fuck all will get done about it unless they tell the person on the ground: the owner.  It is näive to think otherwise. 

My only 'responsibility' is to keep Nok informed of what people write about her bar.

I have started a new topic on the general subject, so please take any discussion of it over to The Function of Fora.

No.

Nope, that's not what you wrote.  At least, it is not clear that that is what you meant.

And, no, it is not my 'responsibility' at all.

It was clear to me that that was what he wrote, and it was clear to me that you did place the onus on the customer to take responsibly for ensuring La Bamba's senior staff got the message. 

That said, I will say no more about it on this thread and direct any other thoughts I have on the matter to the new thread.

Guest LaBambaBar

Please forgive me - i should have thanked you for drawing the matter to attention.

As such, thank you.

• Upvote 2

Guest LaBambaBar

If you are going to be in Pattaya on Feb 29 and wish to join us for a fantastic one-off party, we will be delighted to see you.

Normal Guest/Member Cards are NOT valid on Feb 29. But don't worry - we have a special Members Only discount card waiting behind the bar for all CLB Members. Simply quote your Member #, and the cashier will supply it. When you want to pay your bin, simply return the card to the cashier and - hey presto! - you get 20% off that bin.

Even if you have no discounts available (because none of your Guest Cards have been used), you will still get a 20% discount on Feb 29.

Any discounts you have accrued will remain unaffected.

What a bargain!

Looking forward to it.

One thing concerns me, however. What KIND of 'disco' are we talking about? I mean, there are all kinds of disco. I'm partial to the funky disco (Jungle Boogie, Brick House, etc). I don't wanna be listening to no gay disco (YMCA), etc.  :biggrin:  :rolleye0012:

Bring on the funk!

Brick House!

Jungle Boogie!

Guest LaBambaBar

Looking forward to it.

One thing concerns me, however. What KIND of 'disco' are we talking about? I mean, there are all kinds of disco. I'm partial to the funky disco (Jungle Boogie, Brick House, etc). I don't wanna be listening to no gay disco (YMCA), etc.  :biggrin:  :rolleye0012:

Perish the thought!

Good question.

What we have in mind is not simply music of the disco genre, but something that will take people back in time - mostly disco, with some pop, some soul, some funk, some soundtrack/theme - to relive the experience of a disco AND bring back memories of the late 70s and early 80s.  If you are old enough to actually have memories of those times, that is...

The music, the ladies' clothing, (some of) the party food are all planned as authentic.

And, yes, there will be slow songs at the end.

For those about to smooch, we salute you.

• Upvote 2

Guest LaBambaBar

Have just finished the video to accompany the music:

EIGHT hours of pure nostalgia!

Sapphire & Steel, Roobarb & Custard, Les Dawson, Charlie says, The Professionals, Green Cross Man, The Boy From Space, Captain Pugwash, Morecambe & Wise, Dad's Army, Ripping Yarns, Dick Emery, The Flashing Blade, Rising Damp, Pipkins, and much, much more...

Have just finished the video to accompany the music:

EIGHT hours of pure nostalgia!

Sapphire & Steel, Roobarb & Custard, Les Dawson, Charlie says, The Professionals, Green Cross Man, The Boy From Space, Captain Pugwash, Morecambe & Wise, Dad's Army, Ripping Yarns, Dick Emery, The Flashing Blade, Rising Damp, Pipkins, and much, much more...

Not bad. How bout some Bootsy Collins:

• Upvote 1