Ladyboy Scene Snobbery...

Stroker

When a guy is new to the scene, he's often anxious to make friends.  Once you have a dozen friends then it's less important to make even more new friends. So to me, this perceived snobbery, on both sides, really comes down to just guys hanging out with their mates.  

There would be numerous late nights at EZY Bar where the bar would be packed yet I'd know every farang in the room.  The guys from Stogie's Forum and the guys from LB-69 all seemed to know each other and most of us were relatively new to the scene anyway.  Now there's so many more guys on the scene that it's impossible to know everybody.   

But the universe does not solely consist of forum guys.  I have two lifelong str8 mates who spend lots of time in Thailand and neither of them post or even read Addicts or any of the other straight monger forums.  Likewise there are guys who just want to barfine a ladyboy and have no interest in making farang friends.  They aren't snobs; they're just doing their thing.  I'm not going to go up and shake hands and introduce myself to some guy who playing with ladyboy dick in Lita Bar.   :biggrin:

I'm lucky that I've made so many good friends in our scene.  This certainly would not have happened if it wasn't for forums. But hanging with your mates can often interfere with getting laid but hey we're social animals and it's fun to swap war stories with the bros.

• Upvote 4

I had exactly the same experience when I visited the new Sensations last year, I went in with high expectations but had a rather instant dislike of the place, a lot of cliquey bunches of guys in there, when I popped outside for a smoke and could overhear conversations there only seemed to be one topic, the (LBP) forum. I'm pretty sure I'll grow to like the place though, as I loved the former location.

Back home I read the forums most days as you can sort of live vicariously through everyone's tales, but when I'm in LOS I rarely read the forums and they are the last thing on my mind as you are in the ladyboy reality zone.

Most of the guys I know off this forum I met from the LB69 forum and are all good guys. Globetrotter, what dates are you in Patts? On my upcoming trip I'll be in town from 20 March to 25 March, in BKK and Phnom Penh either side of those dates. It's my 40th bday on 21 March so I'll probably have a party, I hope a few guys are around that night for a catch up.

Hey how are you, good to see you around here, yes I will be there at that time, so look forward to catching up with you on your big night, just give me a heads up a few days in advance

When a guy is new to the scene, he's often anxious to make friends.  Once you have a dozen friends then it's less important to make even more new friends. So to me, this perceived snobbery, on both sides, really comes down to just guys hanging out with their mates.  

The guys from Stogie's Forum and the guys from LB-69 all seemed to know each other and most of us were relatively new to the scene anyway.  Now there's so many more guys on the scene that it's impossible to know everybody.   

But the universe does not solely consist of forum guys.   Likewise there are guys who just want to barfine a ladyboy and have no interest in making farang friends.  They aren't snobs; they're just doing their thing.  

I'm lucky that I've made so many good friends in our scene.  This certainly would not have happened if it wasn't for forums. But hanging with your mates can often interfere with getting laid but hey we're social animals and it's fun to swap war stories with the bros.

My thoughts exactly Pdoggg  :hi:

Playing devils advocate.....Do you think there is a snobbery towards LBP and all that sail in she. from the "old guard" that have been on the scene 10-15 years+ ?

In a way, one could certainly perceive it that way. I guess guys who have been round a long time, as PD stated, have an affiliation that has grown over years, and hence developed a circle of friends, some now very close friends, others just guys who are decent enough to have a few beers with if they are in the same bar at the same time. This forum probably is very guilty of this, as the vast majority of the guys on here have known each other for the best part of 10 years.

Where I would disagree that it is snobbery, is that the guys here are always welcoming when meeting new guys, or other guys not so new who just don't happen to post here. The first line of conversation is rarely "what is your name on THE FORUM", and the stalwards here would never walk away if the answer was "I am not on the forum/ I don't read forums" etc. This has happened to me recently directly last month, where a LBP guy walked off to join the other FORUM guys when I said I don't post on THE FORUM!!! Additionally, when guys here meet up, conversation around forum activity is very minimal, the subjects are wide and diverse, generally, however LBP guys, to me, seem to centre an entire evenings conversation around THE FORUM.

But I do take your point Kendo, and it is a valid point.

• Upvote 5

Perhaps its a case that when you've been around a while longer you need forums and meet ups less .

I remember when I started going to Thailand the old ATS and 69 Forums where vital to finding out who worked where, and where the bars and places to go where etc etc .

Once you've a few trips under your belt you tend to have a few contacts plus social media has fast over taken forums as an on the spot way of getting information about the LB's .

When you start out the world revolves around forums after a while it just becomes a place to keep in touch with guys you know over the years . 

• Upvote 3

Whether you first introduce yourself by your proper name or a forum name says something I reckon.  I always introduce myself by my real name, and if asked do I post on forums I say sometimes and leave it at that.  It's only if the other person then pushes further and asks under what handle do I say Bumblebee. Only then will I ask their handle also if they haven't given it already.  I reckon there is a sort of arrogance about guys introducing themselves straight off to strangers in a bar by a forum name, it's like they are saying 'yeah its the great me' you are chatting to. There is one well known guy on the scene who always introduced me to guys in bars by my handle and I always felt awkward when he did.  It felt like the alias was more important to him than the actual person.

• Upvote 3

It felt like the alias was more important to him than the actual person.

I'm not so sure BB. I think it is an attempt to connect people and make them feel more comfortable with each other readily. That would be my reason for forum name introductions. On the other hand I understand that some of us might want to remain forum anonymous until that comfort level is reached more naturally. 

I'm not so sure BB. I think it is an attempt to connect people and make them feel more comfortable with each other readily. That would be my reason for forum name introductions. On the other hand I understand that some of us might want to remain forum anonymous until that comfort level is reached more naturally. 

Perhaps so Sam.... if he had said this is Name and he posts under the name Bumblebee it would not have been so bad but just going straight in with the forum name first put me off a tad.

Playing devils advocate.....Do you think there is a snobbery towards LBP and all that sail in she. from the "old guard" that have been on the scene 10-15 years+ ?

Yes, I'd have agree with you Kendo, 555... I've always thought that there was a slightly self satisfied & superior attitude from some of the stalwarts on this site towards LPB... Sorry, slapped wrists lads :flirt2:

And if I want to be really honest with myself, maybe I can be a little bit guilty of it too?.. In spite of that, I'll still post there from time to time, but not a lot, as I find that there's a multitude of different little 'FORUM' tribes that are never going to gel together, & are always going to be at each others throats exhibiting extreme prejudice towards one another... Add to that the prevailing smutty, 'teenage' farty pants attitude & topics full of utter vulgarity with no real humor, content or wit attached, & you've got somewhere I don't want to be lot of the time...

They're poor little, snotty nosed, insecure boys, huddling together to give themselves some type of strength or voice from within their nasty & conceited little clubs!

The brand of forum elitists' who I was banging on about, have always clustered together on PBP (they are definitely there, PDogg & Sam)... And I've been very vocal in my condemnation of them over the years & will happily continue to do so :happy0148:....

They're the forum 'good ole' boys'.. Has I have often referred to them

:hi:

• Upvote 3

Thanks Cobber32 and Luung for those kind words , I do think as I have said before chatting openly or PM one of the members here is the best way to make friends first . I have found when I have gone into a bar most of the punters are busy with one or more of the girls so I dont  get the uncomfortable look up and down from my opposition . 

Yes, but such is the life of a forum. When forums are smaller like this one or new everyone seemingly knows everyone. LBP is obviously much larger than this forum. As forums grow they start to add members that are trolls, assholes, clicks of guys that will totally fuck a thread when a football/soccer discussion breaks out at the mere mention of a town, newbies that want to know the name of a LB they saw in a 10 year old video, etc, etc. There have to be some nice guys in there also. But a big/growing forum takes on a life/direction of it's own and it's almost never seems as good to those that started with the forum when even enemies could co-exit (does anything seem as good as it once was?). And the obnoxious always seem to draw more attention and the wise are often wise because they keep their mouth shut. At some point it becomes a question of whether the background noise is so high one can still justify sticking around.

This is totally conjecture on my part as I wasn't there in the beginning but it was my understanding in the earlier days of LBP is was easy to make level two. In the opinions of those I heard from WAY too easy. I heard comments from LBP guys there are a bunch of guys in level two that have never been to Thailand. It seems now they have reversed course and it's now very difficult. I was in some discussion with a guy on LBP and I mentioned I found a lot of good info pattaya-addicts as it has many posters and lots of good info. His reply to me was why should he bother with PA as it does nothing towards his status on LBP. I apparently have this fucked up view that good info is good info regardless of where it comes from. Anyway if I am incorrect about my statements about making it to level 2 on LBP please correct me.

At any rate I post a little on LBP. Usually on information threads. Doubt I will ever make level 2 but if it's like a few other boards I'm on level two is pretty lame unless you just need to see the nude pictures. But I'm not there so maybe it's great. Damn I guess I'm not helping my status on LBP.      

Sorry I'm hungover and rambling.

• Upvote 4

I am old enough - and have been in 'the scene' long enough - to remember when people said "what is your name on The Forum" they weren't even talking about the newer one from Pattaya.   They were talking about the original Ladyboy Forum.

And honestly, even that was kind of clubby.  Stogie made a foolish 'staff room' which was somehow expanded to about 50 people, only 2 or 3 of which were on the actual staff of that website. So if someone was introduced to someone else and they were not a part of this exclusive club, which was really just stogie's drinking buddies he had met over the years, they were sometimes given the cold shoulder as well. Not on purpose mind you, I think most of the people in there were decent guys, but the ones who were excluded may have felt like they were on the outside looking in,

So it's seemingly generational. And extremely lame.  In fact, when in Thailand these days I gravitate towards people who aren't on any forum, or stay very low-key about it if they are.  Forum heroes are a bore. 

• Upvote 3

Give me Mouth Moy bar and Thaifriendly, WeChat, Line or Tinder freelancers any day :)

I've met some good guys at the LB bars and I've also met some morons. I used to introduce myself to the owners but I don't bother any more. I would think that it would be in the owners interest to welcome a new customer but I've never had that experience in a LB bar. There are so many sycophants praising the joint that the owners begin to believe in their own legend.

Aside from that, LB bars are perfect in every way and any one that disagrees should be banned, 555!

• Upvote 4

ive been following this thread and I'm only a member on the forum 6 months but I've been to LOS 5 times and usually travel alone but will sit and chat have a few beers with anybody in the bar as long as there not annoying assholes but always like to BF and leave with the LB

After all that's what we're here for

I'll be in Bangkok from 11 March for a couple of days then on to pats if anybody is in town and introduces them selves from the forum I'll gladly have a beer and a chat just don't be offended when I leave with my LB of choice

• Upvote 2

I have just joined this forum prior to my 1st trip to Thailand , most of my encounters have been in Malaysia or USA when on business , I hope it lives up to my expectations and I think I will get a lot of info from here and the other forum I joined yesterday , the other place seems to have a lot of bickering and mud slinging , cant really be bothered as I am looking for tail not arguments

• Upvote 2

I have just joined this forum prior to my 1st trip to Thailand , most of my encounters have been in Malaysia or USA when on business , I hope it lives up to my expectations and I think I will get a lot of info from here and the other forum I joined yesterday , the other place seems to have a lot of bickering and mud slinging , cant really be bothered as I am looking for tail not arguments

Welcome aboard Pastor. 

Not a lot of mug slinging here but it can happen from time to time if provocations and tempers rise. But it is usually intelligent and gentlemanly like. 

Pray tell. Does your chosen forum name reflect your vocation? 

This all makes for some riveting reading. I prefer to keep to myself for the most part but will share a drink with the next man if i am in the mood. I do not experience a lot of this so called snobbery. The only real time i have felt cold shouldered was in that 69 bar joint. No idea what the deal is with that owner but he more or less stared me out of it one night after i tried to buy a drink for the ladyboy behind the bar.Doubt i will be back.

• Upvote 2

This all makes for some riveting reading. I prefer to keep to myself for the most part but will share a drink with the next man if i am in the mood. I do not experience a lot of this so called snobbery. The only real time i have felt cold shouldered was in that 69 bar joint. No idea what the deal is with that owner but he more or less stared me out of it one night after i tried to buy a drink for the ladyboy behind the bar.Doubt i will be back.