Trade In Your Junk Phone For A Free Smartphone

Pdoggg

AIS has a promotion in which you can trade in your old shitty Cheap Charlie Nokia or other dumbphone for a free brand new smartphone.     :telephone: 

This promotion ends ends on January 31.

It seems the main catch is that only 1-2-Call Sims will work in this phone. 

And you must top up for 100 baht (or more for an even better phone).

So perhaps you can't use the phone in other countries unless you have roaming; really don't know.

So what's the process?

1) Dial 90099 to reserve your phone. This is a free call.  This can probably be done at the AIS Service Center though.

2) Go to the AIS shop.  I went to the AIS service center in the basement of Central Festival. It's located all the way back on the Beach Road side.  Thais need to bring their ID card; falangs need to bring their passport.

3) You see a floor rep, she does some stuff and go to the machine to top up your current Sim.

4) Then you wait to go to the main desk and they do some more stuff and u give them your old phone and get the new phone.

This is an especially good deal if you have a barely workable old phone with a cum encrusted keyboard and crap battery that needs to be recharged every hour.  

If you want a slightly better phone then you just have to top up a little more.  I might have done this but had been under the impression that the the money you give them was for the phone rather than for a top up that you can use.  Some more details are in the link.

http://www.ais.co.th/judhai/en/

I did this today cause my better half wanted a new phone for Mama and I had this old Nokia lying around.

So it cost me 100 baht but I now hve 100 baht more credit on my Sim. I no longer have my old phone which I don't use anymore and now have a new phone for my teerak's Mum.

Not sure where you go outside Pattaya.  I first tried the small AIS desk in TukCom and they said they were out of phones and told me the come back next week (but the promotion ends in 2 days). So I went to Central Festival.

Btw, if you have other AIS needs they can be very helpful.  I had a problem activating a package I had paid for last month and they sorted it out for me.  They close at 6PM and they are probably less crowded in the morning.

http://www.ais.co.th/judhai/en/ 

post-7348-0-19625300-1454099825_thumb.pn

You can turn on international roaming on AIS by typing in a code or calling their service center. The real question for me would be if it's a quad band phone. Many of the phones sold in Asia will not work in the US and other places because much of Asia uses different frequency bands. So unless the phone is quad band it mostly likely won't work in many places outside Asia. Both of my Nokia phones, one bought in Thailand and one in Cambodia, do not work in the US. FWIW  

• Upvote 1