Baby It's Cold Outside

Pdoggg

Although it's 70 degrees ( first subtract 32 then multiply by 5/9 to get the degrees on the Euro Scale) it feels MUCH colder due to high winds.

Was cold yesterday but feels even colder today!    Feels like about 55 degrees.

I have my sweatshirt on with the windows opened to get my cold fix.

Type of weather that makes you want to curl up in bed with a good book.

A few smart street vendors made good money last night by having light jackets/hoodies for sale. A number of LBs at bars I visited made the purchase. I think if feels great as the last two days are the only ones that haven't been hot since I arrived. Although even I got a bit chilly last night with the breeze blowing. It was pretty chilly at 6 AM on the back of a motorbike taxi. Sadly the temp is suppose to start going back up tomorrow. But it was nice while it lasted.

It's been 35c and 80% humidity here in Australia all week so far.

Lucky you SP.  Up here in Phitsanulok its 14 degrees C and raining.  Feels like Tasmania when I was back there.Half expecting snow, and people on motorbikes are often wearing blankets or towels over their clothes to keep warm.

Lucky you SP.  Up here in Phitsanulok its 14 degrees C and raining.  Feels like Tasmania when I was back there.Half expecting snow, and people on motorbikes are often wearing blankets or towels over their clothes to keep warm.

Could You tell us something more about Phitsanulok? I've been told it is a wonderful place to visit...with many temples and beautiful landscapes....

Could You tell us something more about Phitsanulok? I've been told it is a wonderful place to visit...with many temples and beautiful landscapes....

I'm living in what I call a farming area about 35 km out of the main city. The city centre, from what I've seen (haven't been here very long) is very congested for traffic - many narrow streets and crazy drivers and so many motorbikes. But yes, many temples and the dragon-boat races on the river were great. I was here for Songkran a few years ago, and if you go into the city then (April 13 to 15 this year) it is very much alive.  And some great scenery and places of interest nearby.

Depending on what you're after, and how much time you had, it's worth a look, but the night-life is not Pattaya or Bkk. But having said that, there's still action, and TF has many of ours in the district too.

• Upvote 1

1 degree C, last night, here at the bottom of Doi Suthep, no kid... I love it!!

I've been walking about like a strutting peacock, laughing at this little lot all hunched over, wrapped up in blankets & shivering & sniveling.

No LB's want to come around though 55555... They definitely don't want to come out & play in shriveled dick weather

First time ever today I walked into 7-11 this morning and it was warmer in the shop than out on the street.

I was walking around in my hoodie, which had been gathering dust in my wardrobe as I hadn't worn it since I left London.

Except for at the airport I have never worn long pants in Thailand. If I had bothered to get my jeans washed since I've been here I probably would have worn them last night. Suppose to starting warm up tomorrow I guess.

I'm living in what I call a farming area about 35 km out of the main city. The city centre, from what I've seen (haven't been here very long) is very congested for traffic - many narrow streets and crazy drivers and so many motorbikes. But yes, many temples and the dragon-boat races on the river were great. I was here for Songkran a few years ago, and if you go into the city then (April 13 to 15 this year) it is very much alive.  And some great scenery and places of interest nearby.

Depending on what you're after, and how much time you had, it's worth a look, but the night-life is not Pattaya or Bkk. But having said that, there's still action, and TF has many of ours in the district too.

thanx for the information...i appreciate..definitevly..i would like to visit..

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

In April, Pattaya is usually hot, hot, hot.  But the last two days have been downright chilly.  So had a great night outdoors at Emmy's enjoying the temporary respite while sucking on a beer listening to my playlist. La dolce vita!   :drinks:

24 degrees, 75 American, but it's the 28 km per hour wind gusts that make it so grand.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

In April, Pattaya is usually hot, hot, hot.  But the last two days have been downright chilly.  So had a great night outdoors at Emmy's enjoying the temporary respite while sucking on a beer listening to my playlist. La dolce vita!   :drinks:

24 degrees, 75 American, but it's the 28 km per hour wind gusts that make it so grand.

24c chilly?! It's 9c here in London after a week of sub or near zero temperatures.  :cold: We even had snow flurries over the last few days.:coldb:

• Like 1