Isilands Off Sihanoukville Are Bungalow Reservations Necessary

randiuno

I have decided to spend about a week in and around Sihanoukville during second week of December. Do I need to make reservations for a beach bungalow on one of the islands...It looks like they have reservation offices in Sihanoukville, and it appears you just walk up and say..."I would like to stay for 3 nights"... Is thisthe case, or will they all likely be sold out?

I really don't know for sure but am just taking a guess that you will be OK just walking into a Snooky travel agent in early December and getting a room on one of the islands. The Christmas/New Year period might be a different story.

Please let us know how it turns out, which island, would you recommend to others etc since there are guys on this site considering a trip to Snooky.

in the meantime I'll try to find out some info.

Thanks Larry,

So now I know to call the city "snooky"....lol.

I really don't know for sure but am just taking a guess that you will be OK just walking into a Snooky travel agent in early December and getting a room on one of the islands. The Christmas/New Year period might be a different story.

Please let us know how it turns out, which island, would you recommend to others etc since there are guys on this site considering a trip to Snooky.

in the meantime I'll try to find out some info.

• 3 weeks later...

Willie,

Did you make it to Snookyville? Any news on the island beach bungalow reservation. Also, I'm assuming that most of these island bungalows are not girlfriendly...meaning I should just plan on relaxing on the beach and writing the next great american novel....

Any info is appreciated!

Ill be in snooky mid november...i'll find out whether a reservation is needed or not and post on here...

Willie,

Did you make it to Snookyville? Any news on the island beach bungalow reservation. Also, I'm assuming that most of these island bungalows are not girlfriendly...meaning I should just plan on relaxing on the beach and writing the next great american novel....

Any info is appreciated!

duh-sorry mate,too busy enjoying myself here in snooky,yes,I have just asked ,reservations have to be made,$15 per night,cold shower,electric intermittent for a few hours a day when the generator is on.....prety hardcore stuff,a great place to write your magnum opus....i have been there myself 2 yrs ago,you will have to brng your own lady as there are none ,repeat none available on the island....

duh-sorry mate,too busy enjoying myself here in snooky,yes,I have just asked ,reservations have to be made,$15 per night,cold shower,electric intermittent for a few hours a day when the generator is on.....prety hardcore stuff,a great place to write your magnum opus....i have been there myself 2 yrs ago,you will have to brng your own lady as there are none ,repeat none available on the island....

Thanks buddy, I will make a reservation from stateside before I leave....appreciate the tip...

Thanks buddy, I will make a reservation from stateside before I leave....appreciate the tip...

I dont think theres any need for that...Koh Rong is apparently a great island to stay on,but its a 3 hr boat ride from snooky....its a good idea to reserve it from snooky to avoid an unnecessary boat journey...although the bunglaows are very rarely 100 percent full.......ko russei is 1 hour from snooky,but imo,not very special....bungalows on both islands are 15 dollars a night....

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a link to Lazy Beach Bungalows off the coast of Sihanoukville.....

http://lazybeachcambodia.com/Home.html

Those who like the solitude of the offshore islands might also enjoy Otres Beab, reachable by motorbike.

I arrived the short way and would not want to navigate the unlit, bumpy, dirt road back to Serrendipity/Ocheteal at night. But the long way might be doable at night, will check it out and report back.