Airline Reviews

Stealth007

In this Thread you can post your experience that you had with any kind of airline going to Asia , this my help others to make a better choice.......

Which airline did you use during your vacation , and why , what is so special abouth it ????

Tell us abouth the service you got , and what makes it different from the others ???

What are the special features you get onboard that you will not get on a other carrier ????

Tell us abouth the service you got , and what makes it different from the others ???

What are the special features you get onboard that you will not get on a other carrier ????

Good idea for a thread Stealth!    :sign0184:

Guys who live in Southeast Asia often fly on Air Asia.

On Air Asia you can upgrade to an emergency exit row for about 12 dollars.  The extra legroom is significant.

What makes it even better is that most people don't upgrade. I often see only one or two people in those 12 seats. 

On a short flight say from Bangkok to Phnom I'll suck it up in a regular seat. If I get a middle seat I can generally move to a seat in the back of the plane with no one next to me. But it's only a 70 minute flight.

But if you're flying from Bangkok or KL to the Philippines it's a pretty good value for money to get the guaranteed extra legroom in the emergency exit rows..

• 1 year later...

Normaly i fly everywhere with the ( Emirate Airline ) , some time i will switch to ( Singapore Airline ) or ( Cathay Pacific ) and i have to say that there service is quite good for my taste anyway.......

Local i fly in most case with the phillippines airline , not bad.....

The only problem is the constant delay`s that they can not get ride of some how.......

On my last flight in Jan 2017 i got a good deal and discount at ( China Airways ) so i try it and i have to say it was not bad at all , we fly with there new A350.......

What i found interesting to see was these stuwardess cleaning the CR every hour and i notice they will each time take turn to clean it , first time i see this , did not saw this on no other airline yet.......

Greetz , Stealth

I have flown Emirates, Qatar Airways, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, Asiana, Air Canada, and Singapore Airlines to Asia (not necessarily to LOS).

Of all these I feel Singapore Airlines is number one - although I know that Skytrax has Emirates rated number one, for me personally Singapore Airlines does it better - as even in economy class they give excellent service. Better food (economy) and attentive cabin crew, in flight entertainment top notch. There was a National Geographic special about Singapore Airlines - they test the recipes in a pressurized room to simulate what things taste like at altitude.  The only thing is that their prices tend to be higher than many other airlines. Also Changi Airport is definitely one of the best in the world if you have to transit through Singapore.

I have seen the cabin crew on Thai cleaning the washrooms (comfort rooms), but not every hour - I think it was 3 times during a 6.5 hr flight.

The North American airlines cannot come close to matching the Asian and Arabian Gulf airlines for service.

Of the airlines I have flown, I would rank them as follows:

1. Singapore Airlines - for the reasons mentioned.

2. Emirates - newer planes, good service, attentive cabin crew - but lousy transit airport - it may improve once they finally stop expanding it. As Stealth mentioned - poor signage and if you need to transfer from 1 terminal to another it is a pain, as you often need to use a bus. They do have a rail system, but it only has limited connections. 

3. Cathay Pacific - edges out Qatar Airways - good inflight service, good transit airport

4. Qatar Airways - trying to be as good as Emirates, but not quite - while the inflight services are good, they have problems keeping on schedule.

5. Asiana - a Korean carrier - good inflight service, but some of their planes are dated - they haven't phased out all their older 747s yet, in flight entertainment doesn't have as many options as other airlines.

6. Thai Airways - good inflight service, reasonable in flight entertainment, but unfortunately bad management has resulted in gradual erosion of the "Smooth as silk" reputation. They are no longer as competitive with the top Asian and Arabian Gulf airlines.

7. Air Canada - economy class is a headache - especially for longer flights. Of the North American long haul carrier, probably one of the better ones - but a far cry from the Asian/Arabian Gulf competitors. Their business class is actually pretty good, with lie flat seats, excellent food - but is it worth it? I guess if you have enough money.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Stealth007 said:

Many thankx for the up to date info , very much appreaciate it.........

Do you have also some experience with on board , Wifi ?????

Was looking at the ( China Airline ) offer but was not really in the mode to try it yet.......

China airline Onboard WiFi.pdf

Greetz , Stealth

Not yet, as the wifi involves extra cost - it was only after my last Emirates' flight they changed it to free wifi. Air Canada, and Thai also have wifi - but at extra cost and on specific planes - typically the newer ones - Boeing 787, Air Bus A350, Emirates Boeing 777 and A380.

• 7 months later...

I've flown several times from the US west coast to BKK on Korean. It's a good airline with decent seating. The first time I flew Korean was SFO-ICN in an 747 (a number of years ago). Absolutely the hardest seat I've ever experienced. My rear was numb two hours out. The other flights since were OK seat wise. But it started me putting some kind of seat cushion in my carry on just in case. I've done five total round trips starting in the US on airlines from Korea (Korean and Asiana). Both have good legroom, seat width and service in Economy. I flew via ICN to AC (Clark Field) and Phnom Penh on Asiana. Two destinations sometimes harder to get a good connecting flight time or in the case of Clark any  connecting flight at all. Biggest problem with the Korean airlines from BKK is it's often hard to get a return flight to the US that doesn't have a *BIG* layover in ICN. I've stayed at the Transit Hotel at ICN a couple of times. Damn hard beds and expensive for what you get (tiny rooms).   

• Like 1

On 04/02/2018 at 9:43 AM, Tao1kiku said:

Flying Toronto to Cebu via Inchon on Korean Airlines in March. My travel agent warned me about CHina Easter Airlines - lower price but pretty sketchy. Will report on 

Back in November 2016, I flew Van - Bkk on China Eastern $560  rtn which is very, very cheap about half what I usually pay with Eva or China Airlines (both Taipei based), were they great?  obviously not,  but would I fly with them again if I got another deal like that? yes for sure,  in a heartbeat 

On 6/4/2017 at 4:31 PM, Stealth007 said:

Many thankx for the up to date info , very much appreaciate it.........

Do you have also some experience with on board , Wifi ?????

Was looking at the ( China Airline ) offer but was not really in the mode to try it yet.......

China airline Onboard WiFi.pdf

Greetz , Stealth

I was able to test free onboard Wifi with Qatar airways (free for the first 15 minutes). The experience was not that great as the speed was slow. Definitely slower than 3G from a regular provider. I would guess it was somewhere between the old dial up modem speeds of 56k, and 3G. Not really good for video, but ok for checking e-mail, and basic social media chat (although it was slow).