• Staff doing "chok dee" with the check bin tumbler to get a drink from you
    • 5 Baht toilet
    • Air con too cold or not working
    • Staff ignoring you.
    • Music Volume
    • Music Selection
    • Other(Please expand)

I tend to agree with you . 

If someones new to all this and doesn't know any better that's understandable but if someone know's the going rate and decides to pay 2 or 3 times more then he's a mug plain and simple .

All those excuses like "Its my money/holiday up to me " or "It would cost me a lot more in my country " don't wash ,deep down these guys have low self esteem and probably crave attention .

And attention they will get for sure because these girls talk and they all know each other the first question they ask was "How much he pay ? "

So if you decide to set the bar high be prepared to keep it there no one will forget and they all will expect the same , the big payers make a rod for their own back .

I'd sooner get the odd knock back from some diva who can get more elsewhere than be marked down as a mug by the rest .  

This kind of thing has been going on since time mortal Jim.Ill take you back to 1987 and a fling i had with a very lovely goo girl called job.she worked in tq2  i think it was on soi BJ. anyway cutting a long story short i was paying her 500 bt a night and stayed with her 11 nights with a slight break in the middle. She told me her swizz BF was coming  and would it be ok if she went and saw him that night . I said yea sure go for it. She said she would return to room at 3am, so i  agreed. She did return and in the morning showed me her bank account with 30k Bt deposited  that day. MR Swiss was  despised for being looser and a fool.Make the girls laugh and you get a lot fun at a reasonable rate.

Now to things i hate in gogo bars. oh ya too many to list

• Upvote 3

Crazy you could write a book on it .... 

I know one girl who has lost or broke her I Phone a number of times she's not worried as all she has to do is call up her sponsor and he sends another one .

Another posted on Facebook the Western Union receipt of what her sponsor called a Christmas bonus - almost £5000 sterling , I didn't even know Thai's celebrated Christmas .... they do now .

Another guy flew out to patch up his "relationship" as he had evidence his "girlfriend " who works in a well known Go Go was cheating on him ... after much angst all was forgiven and the money continues ... 

The old saying is true - a fool and his money are easily parted . 

• Upvote 2

Agreed,

I think Jimslim"s post on the 29th Dec & Luung's post on the 30th Dec are right on the money... :biggrin:

I remember a quote from the Monkey TV series of years gone past which goes as follows "The lord Buddha must have loved fools for he created so many of them".... :fool:

I doubt there are many finer examples to be found than in the case of some Farang"s visiting LOS. Naivety can be forgiven but ongoing stupidity is hard to swallow. In many cases I think it comes down to a deep seated sense on inadequacy. Sadly it affects everyone else as the girls develop a sense of entitlement when once again they are proven right by the actions of a daft few when they say that Farang's are nothing but stupid Water Buffalo.

I would love to be a Real Estate agent selling one of these imbeciles a house. I can imagine a Monty Pythonesque conversation going something like this. "Aye, wot's the price then Guvnor? Wot half a million quid? Your joking ain't ya, its worth three quarters of a mill if its worth a pound" I wont buy it for less...!!!

They make the rest of us look better & it is quite funny to be giggling with a girl as you bed her for a 10th of the price some clown she holds in contempt paid for her.... :laugh:

• Upvote 2

You know, I've really wrestled with this, but the more I think about it, the more I'm happy about the shift to internet based liaisons, & that's in spite of the fact that I still very much like to go out for a night on the piss.. And the reason for that is simple, I don't have to go into these fukin' ladyboy bars anymore... Yipeeeeeee!!!.. Now, I definitely don't want to see them disappear completely, that's for sure, I just don't want to spend much time in any of them.

I'm with you buddy- I view the bars as a business and the working girls as, well, working. They are both there to separate us from our money, and that's fine, I know they are not charities and need to earn a profit... I just don't want over pay.

I think as an expat, time is on your side and LB/GG bars are less important for finding a partner. During my last trip, I did around 17 short times and paid no bar fines (paid one BF for a beer bar GG, long time.)

I agree that it is fun to hit the bars with a buddy, take in the eye candy and (try) to relax.

If I were coming to Thailand on vacation, I would probably be praising the bars, thanking the owner for being my "friend" and advocating that the bars are a valuable resource for we mongers and we must do all in our power to support them.

Different strokes for different folks, hehe...

• Upvote 3