• Staff lifting your beer bottle to see if it's low
    • Staff doing "chok dee" with the check bin tumbler to get a drink from you
    • 5 Baht toilet
    • Air con too cold or not working
    • Staff ignoring you.
    • Music Volume
    • Music Selection
    • Other(Please expand)

Music volume too loud and a pushy gal that I don't fancy gets my tits in a knot. 

That's my two cents. 

You didn't vote Mr Sam.  Hey, I could actually check almost all the boxes, I mean who wants warm beer in the tropics,  or ear splitting music on shitty speakers, but my two pet peeves are the wiggling of the beer bottle and the chok dee with the bin.

• Upvote 1

You didn't vote Mr Sam.  Hey, I could actually check almost all the boxes, I mean who wants warm beer in the tropics,  or ear splitting music on shitty speakers, but my two pet peeves are the wiggling of the beer bottle and the chok dee with the bin.

Sorry. I ticked the boxes but forgot to click the "vote" box. I have since rectified. 

a pushy gal that I don't fancy gets my tits in a knot. 

That's the worst one by a country mile .... and usually the desperate ones who don't get barfined much are the pushy ones .

If someone you don't fancy latches on to you the rest will stay away and it can be annoying especially if you went to the bar to see someone specifically and the bride of Frankenstein has jumped on your lap trying to force her spicy tongue down your throat .

I've learnt to make an excuse to escape their clutches like I need the toilet or go outside then go get the original one you want or even just anyone ... and buy them a drink - this always gets rid of an annoying one .

NEVER buy someone annoying you a drink - you will be stuck with them for the evening .   

• Upvote 3

On the subject of pushy ladyboy's I remember an awkward moment in the old La Bamba in its early days where a drunk ladyboy was gagging for a customer and kept trying to pin me down to the sofa and seduce me. The problem was her breath smelt like a stale urinal and the stench just turned my stomach. It was a combination of piss and fish...lord knows what she had been up to before appearing in the bar.

• Upvote 2

On the subject of pushy ladyboy's I remember an awkward moment in the old La Bamba in its early days where a drunk ladyboy was gagging for a customer and kept trying to pin me down to the sofa and seduce me. The problem was her breath smelt like a stale urinal and the stench just turned my stomach. It was a combination of piss and fish...lord knows what she had been up to before appearing in the bar.

maybe she ate some durian....

My two bobs worth,

The pushy ladyboy scaring off others you may well be attracted to is a right pain in the arse (not of the enjoyable genre either... :biggrin: ). I agree with Jimslim on this one.

The chok-dee I also find bloody annoying. So what, you brought me one drink. Keep doing so without annoying me & you will receive the appropriate tip later. I never buy a drink for a lady who does this as I think its impolite. I understand they too want a piece of the action but this is bad manners & gets no reward from me.

I am happy to pay my way for me & the lady I choose. Also I will leave a tip if the service is good & the lady friendly. I no longer buy drinks for "friends" of the lady I am with. I worked out a while back that on most trips the best part of two thirds of my drinking money was spent buying strangers drinks. Over the course of a few trips this was in effect costing me an additional trip each year. I no longer have a problem saying no. I would rather occasionally be thought of as a key-neow farang than a stupid one.

• Upvote 4

cant stand a pushy LB wanting a drink if they keep on they get the dirty line of "Go toilet if u want drink" this usually works and gets the other girls laughing....had an LB tell me she thought i know like her,because i never bought her a LD 3 years ago!!! when she worked in Horny Bar she told me this at Fantasy Lounge in SEPTEMBER this year!! they remember everything these girls...also had an LB call me a cheapcharlie as i had only paid 2000baht LT with another LB......WTF told her none of your fecking business what i pay another LB.... sometimes i dont hold back as some guys know, personal hate when someone treats ya like a C--T cause your being kind and they see it as a weakness .... Regards Garry :santa3:

• Upvote 4

Some good advice here, but they are all pushy and greedy, always wanting something for nothing, and when you stop buying them drinkd they just vanish out the door. Anyway soon Xmas so there may be a Little atmosphere around the bars.

Perhaps this explains the experience you had at Lita's Bar. If you feel that way about all the lbs in the bars, you probably don't give off very positive feelings towards them.

• Upvote 1

Good observation Skyblue that if you don't buy them a drink you can be seen as a cheap Charlie and yet if you do purchase then some may see you as stupid, no win indeed.

Better to be a Cheap Charlie. Its just a control tactic and they say it because it too often works.

I'm a Cheap Charlie by choice; hopefully I'm not stupid...

You know, I've really wrestled with this, but the more I think about it, the more I'm happy about the shift to internet based liaisons, & that's in spite of the fact that I still very much like to go out for a night on the piss.. And the reason for that is simple, I don't have to go into these fukin' ladyboy bars anymore... Yipeeeeeee!!!.. Now, I definitely don't want to see them disappear completely, that's for sure, I just don't want to spend much time in any of them.

I now go out almost exclusively to drink with my mates in environments that suite me, with good company, i.e. real raconteurs having real conversations, drinking the beers that I want to drink & listening to music that suites me without any cunt trying to twist my arm up my back, filling me with lies & usually rudely trying to make me buy them an expensive drink, just for them being there.

I'm like Foggy, I want to tick ever box & then fill up half a page explaining all the other stuff that I just can't tolerate any more

At any rate, I'm not going to state the obvious about the afore mentioned 'pet hates'.... But my pet 'other' hate is whether inadvertently or not, these bars are constantly raising the bar on cost... Fuck me, you've even got a couple of saps on the other forum saying that 2,000 baht for an ST (including the room & BF) in the New Sensations, is a bloody good deal & a BM mate from the other forum says he's just paid the same in La Bamba... And he's happy as punch about it too!

"So, Hello", is there something I'm missing here???.. Both these bars policies & pricings are fine & I know & like the people behind them, but 1.5K for a ST is what the desirable girls in a shit house like Pattaya are starting to ask for.. And they're getting it, without any problems what so ever... And It'll be even more next year, you see.

They've started throwing out even higher numbers here in Chiang Mai too... I just can't watch it without getting vomity (The, by the nature of it, incredibly in exclusive bar whore placing herself on some exclusive platform) & then the cash laden punter, flashing the coin, happy to pay more & more because it makes him feel pleased with himself, just like he's the 'man', gabbing all that fake exclusivity all for himself, whilst at the same time accelerating away from the mass, by blowing any other poor cunt on a low budget out of the water.

Right that's my little Sunday morning rant over... I'm off to the pub

:hi:

• Upvote 5

Well as I said before Route 67, I've got no problems about the bar's pricing, 500 Baht for barfine, plus room for a ST, is a really good deal in my book... And 300 baht to take one out is brilliant!

But, as for the rest of it, I'll take you back to what my former ex, who actually owned an LB bar for 20 years relayed to me when we split up... She scathingly said to me as I was taking the last of her possessions out of my car, "And if you go with ladyboy, you only pay 200/300 baht.. That's all it's worth here, yoo soo fukin' stupid".

Now, I'm not expecting a bunk up for 200 or 300 hundred baht... But I more than got her point!.. To a Thai it's a painted boy from the village with plastic tits & a micro miniskirt whoring himself out, no more (Yeah, the sweet lovely ones are out there too, but I'm predominantly talking about the bar fare)... So, how can we justify the 500 Baht for an LT ten years ago, going to 1K to then 1.5K & now going steadily higher, & higher??... You've just mentioned the 2K yourself (admittedly performance based), & other's are happily paying 3/4/5K & more.

And it ain't no supply & demand thing, we know that... So what is it? A mixture of feelings of exclusivity & need for both the boy with the big feet in the short skirt & the forum anorak, or what?

Yes, it's up to them, I very much take your point... It just makes me vomity, that's all

• Upvote 4

personally I blame a lot of guys on the other forum just flashing the cash having a good time 8P , however they don't give a feck for the guys that live in LOS or other guys that take 3-4 trips a year , what I find these days a lot of girls are up there on arse in certain bars and asking and at times getting large summons of money....and call u a cheap Charlie at paying 2000baht LT that's as high as I go, and she ticks my boxes :rolleye0012: anyway I myself have been using more girls off TF these days and had a few really good ones come along. I do still like to go in LB bars and have a drink will have a chat if I know someone off the forums but usually just pop in and out most bars, will drink longer in bars off the main scene B) I don't enjoy coming down on anyone s side these days seems some guys will praise certain bars cause its basically the only fecking bar they drink at!! please let them get on with it like I said I keep a low profile these days but am up for a party now and then :yahoo:  Regards Garry :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

personally I blame a lot of guys on the other forum just flashing the cash having a good time  however they don't give a feck for the guys that live in LOS or other guys that take 3-4 trips a year , what I find these days a lot of girls are up there on arse in certain bars and asking and at times getting large summons of money....

I tend to agree with you . 

If someones new to all this and doesn't know any better that's understandable but if someone know's the going rate and decides to pay 2 or 3 times more then he's a mug plain and simple .

All those excuses like "Its my money/holiday up to me " or "It would cost me a lot more in my country " don't wash ,deep down these guys have low self esteem and probably crave attention .

And attention they will get for sure because these girls talk and they all know each other the first question they ask was "How much he pay ? "

So if you decide to set the bar high be prepared to keep it there no one will forget and they all will expect the same , the big payers make a rod for their own back .

I'd sooner get the odd knock back from some diva who can get more elsewhere than be marked down as a mug by the rest .  

• Upvote 3

So if you decide to set the bar high be prepared to keep it there no one will forget and they all will expect the same , the big payers make a rod for their own back .

I'd sooner get the odd knock back from some diva who can get more elsewhere than be marked down as a mug by the rest .  

I know one guy who was paying 10K LT to try and get regain approval and get back into her good books.  :o

I did try and have a word in his shell but got the "It's my holiday...." speech. 

• Upvote 2

Kendo, Jim & Gary... I remember that when I first lost my ex, unfortunately due to certain financial circumstances that forced her to shove off back to Patts & make some money; the very fist bloke on the scene that she walked into paid her 10K per night & bought her a brand new fuckin' iphone along with a whole new wardrobe of really fancy designer stuff... In many cases they don't just tell their mates, they've got enough lack of respect for these potential tit & shoe buyers that tell us too 55555! & in spite of his younger age, good looks & bulging pockets, she had nothing but contempt for him... I've said it before a few times, these bar girls are incredibly working class minded kids from piss poor backgrounds & they feel a lot more resentment than you might think towards the privileged, whether they be their own hi-so's or ours!.. The point is, she didn't ask for it, but at the time, for many a forum nerd there was still a certain cache' about this well known bird who'd been off the scene for a few years... And he was willing to throw vast amounts of money at her, so as to carry whatever favor he could & bomb the competition out of the water.

My mate who overindulged with good ole' Nancy is exactly the same... He's got no shame what so ever, & advertises to them that he's a cashed up old geezer... He'll happily pay the extra & play for the advantage. & has I stated above, him & his type relish in widening the gap between themselves & the rest of us, (& to them, that's all part of what having the money's about)

There's givers & takers in life... And many are giving to take.. But mainly to take away from us, unfortunately

• Upvote 3