Crisis catches THAI AIRWAYS

PANIC

It looks that Greece s crisis effected also Thai airways.

After 28 years the thai airways main affice in Athens closed down since yesterday. No reason was given...but i suppose if no money for the greek people,is no money for the Thais.

Thai airways flight to thailand was a direct one,no stops,so now people have to fly from greece to LOS with

other airlines,i.e.QATAR,GULF,TURKISH,SINGAPORE,ETIHAD

Qatar Airways is a good airline - on par with Emirates and Etihad. The only drawback would be the stop over in Doha - not really one of the best airports for a transit. However, they are opening a new airport in 2012 that should improve things.

Of course without unions, they hire particularly attractive flight attendants.

Panicos have you ever flown with QATAR? What are they like?

Anyone else flown with them?

Ss,QATAR IS a very good airline,New planes,excelent service,,and beautifull airhostesses.

I flown with them 4 times from athens to Doha,40min stop and then to bkk.

I ONLY HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEM on my last flight when my suitcase was lost (never arrived in bkk),but

i was given a free ticket to fly again from athens anytime i wanted plus 18.000baht(1200baht per day,for the days i was in bkk without my bag).This is the ticket i am using on the 2nd febr(gotc party)

It looks that Greece s crisis effected also Thai airways.

After 28 years the thai airways main affice in Athens closed down since yesterday. No reason was given...but i suppose if no money for the greek people,is no money for the Thais.

Thai airways flight to thailand was a direct one,no stops,so now people have to fly from greece to LOS with

other airlines,i.e.QATAR,GULF,TURKISH,SINGAPORE,ETIHAD

This is the latest update about THAI AIRWAYS....

Thai airways will honor all their tickets from athens to bkk until 17th november (last flight)

For all other later bookings Thai airways will transfer people with other airlines.

Wow Panicos, that's seems like a good deal they've offered you however I have no idea what you lost in your bags. Perhaps the compensation is not enough. But still very decent for the airline to rise to the occasion and try to take care of you. I hope they are flying you first class.

They seem like an airline that wants to make its mark. The fares they offer from North America are truly interesting. I am happy to hear the equipment is new both in airplanes and flight attendants. :)

Wow Panicos, that's seems like a good deal they've offered you however I have no idea what you lost in your bags. Perhaps the compensation is not enough. But still very decent for the airline to rise to the occasion and try to take care of you. I hope they are flying you first class.

They seem like an airline that wants to make its mark. The fares they offer from North America are truly interesting. I am happy to hear the equipment is new both in airplanes and flight attendants. :)

ss when i lost my bag i also lost my iphone plus 8000baht.Everything was in the bag.That was the time we were supposed to meet but i was almost lost without clothes and phone.But i was lucky enough to meet this dol lb whos family had rubber tree plantations on a big farm outside bkk so those 2 weeks i was a rubber tree farmer...but it was nice.I remember that i send you an email when i arrived back to greece

explaining why we couldnt meet...as for the ticket its a bussiness class ...and i am glad because now thai airways stop flying to bkk,the Qatar flights will be full with all those Arabs pakistanis,afgans all in the economy seats,and me on bussiness class.

Its so funny that the flight to bkk is always full but the return flight its nearly empty...where the fuck all those people went...do they stay there or bkk is a stop over place?

Ahhh, yes I remember you telling me you lost your phone with the bag and that was why I couldn't reach you. And I also remember the Rubber Tree Farm LB you met. I was impressed with that story. What ever happened to her. Wasn't she in love with you?

It's great you'll be able to fly business class. It really makes all the difference in the world.

Ss apparently about 2 months ago the love flame was gone,the doll lb send me a message that she is off

to singapore to study (maybe orhard towers)...so i didnt bother with her anymore...my list is so long that its impossible for me to be only with ONE.

When we see each other i will show u the list and then u will understand.

i am planning for those 20 days i will stay in Los (febr)not to waist even an hour being alone.

Allready are 6 in pattaya waitting for me this coming febr.and each one thinks that is the only one.

Not knowing pattaya i know it will cause some problems as far hiding my erotic movements...but again iam sure that i will manage it...dont forget that i will have you there to help let alone my friend beijo :drinks:

Qatar Airways is a good airline - on par with Emirates and Etihad. The only drawback would be the stop over in Doha - not really one of the best airports for a transit. However, they are opening a new airport in 2012 that should improve things.

I agree with you rxp, I flew with Qatar one time but had to be transported from the Tarmac on arrival by bus to the Terminal.

That was a bit of a pain in the ass so the new Airport will probaly put that right.

Also the "Stopover" times are better with Etihad and Emirates imho, 2 & 3 hours respectively, I wouldnt really want to risk the 45 minutes you get with Qatar.

Having said that the Flights and service were excellent, no complaints at all.

They are classed as a 5 Star Airline

• 3 weeks later...

LATEST UPDATE: THAI AIRWAYS

Thai airways close Their Rome office last week.

No more flights for the italians with thai airways

The crisis hit greece so bad that force Thai airways to close their ofice in athens....then crisis hit Italy....thai airways close their main office in Rome

I wonder what is coming next...