3 Good Mid to High End Hotels in Pattaya.

bumblebee

Which of these 3 hotels would you recommend?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 3 hotels would you recommend?

• @ Mind Residence, (near Soi 6)
    • Page 10, (between Central Festival & Mike Mall)
    • Mosaik Luxury Apartments (behind Tukcom)

I don't really consider Mosaik a hotel. It is apartments although I guess you can get a weekly/daily rate. It was a pretty good value when I stayed there years ago. But rates have gone up and they have doubled the electricity rate since then although at 7 baht per unit (about 2x what they are paying for electricity) it's not terribly high considering the rip off rates (IMO) most apartments charge these days. They also do/did charge 1000 baht per month for so so internet and if not on a daily rate you pay for cleaning at about 300 baht for each cleaning (1200 baht a month  for one a week cleaning). I think some of the smaller units may still have tube TVs which defeats my ability to hook my laptop to the TV via a HDMI cable and stream video. Over all comments from more recent guests?

My joiners did often comment on how nice the room looked. But I no longer like to stay in this area and moved to a more central location. However I know several forum member who still like to stay at Mosaik.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9230525,100.8783827,3a,75y,280.52h,76.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKJp5oJuVE3XCTrRzHDJ5Pw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Upvote 2

I always liked the Mosaik and its overall value and location. The thing I liked the most was its easy no shame entry. During the past 7/8 years I have stayed there more than any other place in Pattaya. I haven't been there for a year. Have the rates increased so much that it is no longer attractive? 

• Upvote 1

Definitely not Mosiak, I should never have stayed there in the first place. I found the studio rooms too small and the one bedroom apartments inadequately furnished and poorly maintained. plus far too many miscellaneous charges on top of the quoted rate.

A slightly dangerous part of town after dark as well it has to b said.

Mind I have no experience of and I'm not a big North Pattaya fan as a vacation base, I enjoy Walking St too much.

Page 10 is excellent and I loved it there, but it was rather new and recently opened when I stayed, make sure you book well in advance though.

• Upvote 1

I always liked the Mosaik and its overall value and location. The thing I liked the most was its easy no shame entry. During the past 7/8 years I have stayed there more than any other place in Pattaya. I haven't been there for a year. Have the rates increased so much that it is no longer attractive? 

Yes the no walk of shame is nice but you do take the chance of no one collecting her ID. But guesthouses I often use don't check IDs. I took a LB back to Mosaik one night and a GG the next night. One of the night guards was apparently trying to impress the GG and told her I had a LB the night before which wasn't so cool.

With cleaning, internet and electricity the Mosaic web site indicates a 32 sq m studio would be around 19k-20k a month during low season. But that would only get you cleaning/towels/sheets changed once a week. Been five years since I stayed there and it was probably 5k less back then.

I looked up a weeks stay at booking.com in a studio in both mid January and mid February and got a message there was no room at the inn. So one probably needs to book well in advance. I would book my stay for next winter when I left in the spring. Probably a bit easier to get a one bedroom. Since I used to stay there every trip if a studio was only open for a part of my trip they would put me in a one bedrooom for the studio price until my studio was available. The one bedroom was nice but only had a TV in the living room. FWIW   

• Upvote 1

The Page 10 used to be my favorite hotel in Patts but after my last stay a couple of months back I think I'm done with it. The rooms haven't been particularly well maintained and are becoming aged. Their wifi has always been a bit patchy and I also don't think the room cleaning is good enough. There would be better options in that price range than the Page 10.

• Upvote 2

I've stayed at both Page 10 and @Mind Residence. I would rate @Mind Residence better than Page 10 (I stayed there when it was new). @Mind Residence wifi was great, and the room we were in was quieter.

One of the problems with Page 10 was the booming music from the nearby beer bars that made it difficult to sleep (the front facing rooms). Also as some here have reported it seems they haven't kept up the property, which is too bad as the rooms were nice when I first stayed.

• Upvote 2

Page 10 has been my go to hotel for years, they know me there by now and the manager and staff are quite friendly and do their best to look after me. Though I do miss Donut's presence. :rolleye0012:

However after my recent stay in Feb, I've had similar thought's as Premier.  The hotel is getting a bit run down and is not well maintained.  A slap of paint on the walls and some spotty repair jobs.  

I got a good deal and tried it again this November. My feelings were confirmed. Although far from a dump, I don't feel it justifies it's price point anymore. 

I like the location so I'm considering other hotels in the area. The Stay, which is just down the road looks quite nice.

If the lack of a swimming pool doesn't bother you, then IMO the 1 Bedroom Suites at the Mosaik are the best value for money proposition in Pattaya for guys who are looking for lodging costing more than 1000 baht per night.  It has spacious 60 sq meter units with comfy furniture in the living room.