A not-so-brief history of Ladyboy Forums

JaiDee

I pinned this for the simple reason that I feel it is important to know the history of all aspects of our life. We should not take any forum for granted, that it suddenly appeared, but instead see where it fits in along the time line of this wonderful scene we find ourselves in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jai Dee! Thanks for the history of the forums. I did not start down this road of self discovery until about 2008-2009. I found TLF and Jimb's thread and off to the races I went! Well here I am today. I remember when TLF was shut down and was under some different illision and was highly frustrated that "my site" was no longer available! I have a few harsh comments that are still floating in cyber-space defending Marko but now it is all in the past. I am more focused on going back to the LOS than loosing my grip! Thanks again Jai Dee for the history lesson!

Johnny

A bit of Trivai to add to the thread.

I think the real shift upwards in Forum activity was due to that old Portugese Pirate

Frank of Club 131

Until 131 came on the scene the LB Bars in Pattaya were JSB/Linda Bar, HiBoss, Limmatquai

None of the bars actually contributed to the Forums.

Then Frank appeared - he was a great host and used the Forums merclessly to promote his new enterprise.

He paved the way for Bars to promote themselves on the Forum. He really saw the power of the internet Forums to aid his venue. He was a pathfinder.

When Frank left (an overnight flight) he left a void.

In the demise of Club 131 La Bamba was created. I used to visit most of the bars regularly and encouraged SoWhat, BabyBoom, Horny to register on the Forums. I feel that the bar's direct contribution has added a lot of content.

It is interesting to note that the Thai owned bars, Pook, Family Group, Nice, HiBoss still do not contribute directly to the Forums.

So the question is - Where is Frank?

Then Frank appeared - he was a great host and used the Forums merclessly to promote his new enterprise.

He paved the way for Bars to promote themselves on the Forum. He really saw the power of the internet Forums to aid his venue. He was a pathfinder.

Any bar that doesn't take advantage of free publicity direct to their target market is flat out missing the boat.

It's a win-win for both the bar and forum readers.

131 was in existence for less than a year but it's fame lives on largely through the tremendous number of pics put up by Franck.

I think it's fair to say that Guess Bar, with it's obscure original location, would never have gotten off the ground if it weren't for the forums.

Baby Boom got real lucky as by just dumb luck I discovered it on its first night. And only because a football game we wanted to watch at Witherspoon's was delayed because of the fifth set of a tennis match My str8 mate and I had hit most of the LK gogos earlier so we popped into Baby Boom for a beer and it turned out to be a ladyboy bar.

WTF? Where did this come from......thought I knew every ladyboy bar in town? So I went over and said hi to Josh, and told him I'd crank up the LBR promotional machine and get him some customers. We had allot of guys on the ground at that time of the year so customers were there from Day 2. Better than a ladyboy with a sign on Soi Buckhaou!

http://www.ladyboyre...tes-and-photos/

But a forum can only get a guy into a bar for the first time. Then it's up to the bar to provide a good customer experience. Guys liked Baby Boom, they were doing something a little different than other LB gogos with shower shows, body painting, and shaving parties along with good music so it caught on.

So at LBR we're happy to help out bars and any other LB related businesses such as massage joints or salons. I feel we're all in this together and friends help out friends.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta agree fully with Jai Dee, this scene we are involved in is indeed a wild ride from the moment we get on it. As he says maybe some of the recent members would like to share how they entered this great tale. We are all part of this history after all.

Jeez, how did we manage before forums?

Am new on here so just catching up with a few threads when I have the time. JaiDee this was a great and fascinating read thanks and I enjoyed everyone elses contributions. It brought back a few memories....

I'd been to Thailand on holiday a few times and played around with GG's on occasion. Also had some memorable nights at the old Thermae then sometime in the mid-late 90's something changed - I had a terrible tryst with a tranny in England (a memory that still makes me shudder) and some more enjoyable moments with some more attractive ts/tv's in Italy. This peeked my interest big time and late nights would often find me with large spliff in one hand, cup of tea in the other trawling through Altavista (!) on a laptop the size of a large breeze / cinder block searching for pics of LB's. Relatively little 'real' information was available.

Around 1999 or thereabouts I was planning a trip to Thailand and checking out a few websites, probably World Sex Guide or something similar, for ideas about where to go. Reading posts about Bangkok I kept coming across dire warnings about bars and places that were actually full of 'chick with dicks' and how they should be avoided at all costs. This was my epiphany moment - these were exactly the places that I needed to go to! I spent hours trying to find all of those very places that were being advised against. A few months later I was walking into Casanova for the first time and wandering around the Nana Hotel car-park.

A trip some time later saw me using the same approach (ie go where the GG boards tell you not to go) and heading to Pattaya to visit Hi-Boss and Limmatqui (sp?). That time maybe the advice should have been heeded :biggrin: JSB Bar was ok though.

Between 1999 - 2003 I spent a lot of time in and around Bangkok (and from memory the only places back in those days that seemed to be regular spots to find LB's were Casanova, Nana car-park / disco, a bar at the back of Clinton Plaza on Sukhumvit and of course the KC bars), the rest of Thailand and SE Asia. and having a great time. I used to see Amy at Casanova quite a bit...

Still no sign of forums in 2002 / 03 unless you were in the know and clearly I wasn't! You more or less had to work everything out for yourself and rely on hearsay and the girls for tips and info.

Several years later it was much easier, there were a whole lot more bars and clubs, and I became a some time lurker across the various forums and then a few years back started to post a bit on LB69 which has always seemed to have a good group of like minded BM's with interesting tales to tell. Ditto here it seems. The info sharing is useful and is light years away from what existed when I first stepped out into the other world,

One of the good things about hanging around the forums is that it gives you a chance to meet some fellow BM's. I have met a handful from LB69 here in the PI and in LOS - not only are they enjoyable, witty and fun company they are also the only people I have ever discussed my appreciation of LB's with.

It's a strange world!

Cheers, d&c.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

On a more privit note which is my personal wish , will be nice to see more none p4p scene ladyboy forums...

Where BM that has a relationship with a ladyboy does not matter where in the world can go online and share there experience with other BM.

Right now there is a very limited amount of these Elite guy`s that go`s online and share there lifestyle for use to learn something out of it.

But info of the succees story`s you dont see them so often , i find it also very sad to see when some BM on other form tray to bring up such subjects , they will get burn out to be soft or pussy asshole to start a relationship with a ladyboy from the p4p or outside the p4p scene , and what happend is you will never hear anything no more from these guy`s....

This is what i still miss online....

Greetz , stealth

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

what ever happened to Stogie Bear. I had some famous run ins with on tlbf . He always seemed abit cranky to me ?

Good question vangough05.  For someone who had such a presence on the scene up to 2 years ago, it's almost like he has vanished off the face of the earth.  Many of the newer guys on the scene might say Stogie who?  Just goes to show how things can change in such a short time.

Good question vangough05.  For someone who had such a presence on the scene up to 2 years ago, it's almost like he has vanished off the face of the earth.  Many of the newer guys on the scene might say Stogie who?  Just goes to show how things can change in such a short time.

Last i saw of Stogie was when i was in the back seat of Stogie's car with a fellow BM and their girlfriends after a gathering in BKK.

True to his words he has exited the scene.

I suprised he has kept to his words as it could not have been an easy transition given his input over so many years.

Then again, if you saw how his GF had blossomed, there was never any need to return.

Ironically enough, the 1st hit on a google search of "Minerva ladyboy" takes you to an ATS gallery :biggrin:  I still remember the 3 short clips of her..

I remember the yahoo group but I was more there for the pics than the chat as those things are a pain to navigate.

I joined LB69 not long after Rami started it. In those days he was an active poster and very helpful and personable. I must have joined TLBF back around 04/05. Some of the guys are still around from back then, except randyman and Looker.. I used to mod on a GG forum and I think I stumbled across Stogie from some stickman rant about ladyboys that we posted a link to. Who would have known.. B)

It was a lot of fun back in the day but I think many of us are settled into a quieter life of observation and introspection as far as the LB scene goes. Just as well some of the old timers can still get it up for the TRs :party0021:

It was a lot of fun back in the day but I think many of us are settled into a quieter life of observation and introspection as far as the LB scene goes. Just as well some of the old timers can still get it up for the TRs  :party0021:

So very true Guy.  Many of the guys who post here have been on the scene a while now and still have an interest in what's going on.  They can offer a wealth of sound advice, based on real experiences and observations to any new guys who seek it.  LBP appears to me to be what TLF was about 5 to 7  years ago, when guys were new to the scene, with that excitement of meeting similar minded guys for the first time and striking up new friendships.

I would be curious to know where some of the regular posters from the TLF days have gone to.  Have they dropped off the scene, become lurkers, or still post but under new names.  A combination of all I'd imagine.

I would be curious to know where some of the regular posters from the TLF days have gone to.  Have they dropped off the scene, become lurkers, or still post but under new names.  A combination of all I'd imagine.

I wouldn't say I was a very regular poster (with different nicks) on either boards, but over the years I've become more and more of a lurker.  I think my first LB forum was LB-69 where I registered back in 2006.

BB - a number of TLF regulars are on here now, a few on LB69, and some on PLB. The TLF is still somewhat active in the form of Ladyboy Quest - but no longer a pay format. It's very quiet there nowadays, but there's still a ton of good information available. 

BB - a number of TLF regulars are on here now, a few on LB69, and some on PLB. The TLF is still somewhat active in the form of Ladyboy Quest - but no longer a pay format. It's very quiet there nowadays, but there's still a ton of good information available. 

Yea I see some of the names here these days Rx, many good guys whom Pdogg and I know personally, which can be an advantage.  Ladyboy Quest does have a huge pool of useful information dating back to 2003, I even had a look in there only yesterday to do a bit of reminiscing.  Names of guys who posted back then and no longer appear to be around.  Along with LB-69 it was the place that helped many of us here discover who we are.

There is a whole new wave of guys online and on the ground now, who have never even heard of the older forums and places like Club 131, TripleX and perhaps even ezy bar etc, to them the scene is Sensations, Baby Boom, Horny Bar etc.  Just a year or two ago it was Koyo, Pooks, favoured places change so fast.  La Bamba and Famous seem to be preferred by the guys who have been around a bit longer than the newer guys I have noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has been a fascinating read.

I wandered into C&D's in 2009, and on that night (my first LB experience), i was told of LB-69 by Jimbo and Batman. So, i've been a loyal member there since that time....and met many BM's and LB's since then. Though I'm mostly a Phuket man, i do wander over from Patts occasionally. Met PDogg and Lefty one night at the Corner bar one evening, though i know you guys meet many people and wouldn't remember. Shared beers with Bumblebee on my last trip.

I've kind of mourned the demise of what has been my favorite forum, and fter my last LOS trip, Dec 12, have been off the radar.

But, since I can't be in LOS now, i can see that this is a friendly site...i think that this is where LOS can be brought to me!..albeit vicariously.

Great history of the forum-scene! Thanks for that!

• Upvote 1

This thread has been a fascinating read.

I've kind of mourned the demise of what has been my favorite forum, and fter my last LOS trip, Dec 12, have been off the radar.

It has gone quite quiet over there, a shame really.  It seems when a decline starts it's hard to halt the momentum and a lack of interest becomes prevalent.

SS,

lB-69.

That's where I first became aquainted with BB. It was my only forum since 2009. The forum was good to me, and there were some great guys, with minimal twats (a few though). I'm pleased to see some old and familiar "faces" (avatars, maybe?) here on LBR.

• Upvote 1