KATOEYS "R" US New LB bar on Soi Diamond off Walking Street

xyzzy

There is a new LB bar opening on the narrow part of Soi Diamond named KATOEYS "R" US in the former Spanky's location. Suppose to be open next week. I think the owner was not aware of the legal problems C & D had when they used that name. So guess we will see if the name remains the same.

• Upvote 2

Spanky's only ran for 4 years.  The same location as the legendary Limmatquai.

Once the 'toy brand' gets wind of the name I doubt they'll do nothing. A Thai owner would probably ignore or not take the threat of legal action seriously, but a farang owner most likely will.

• Upvote 1

Was Katoeys R Us ever on Soi Bangla or was it always a separate venue in the Paradise Complex. I always though it was a cabaret in Paradise while C n D was originally just a bar in the Tiger Complex that became bigger and changed location and then incorporated a cabaret show. I think Katoeys R Us was gone before Jimbo arrived on the scene down that way but I may be wrong as it was a while ago now.

Was Katoeys R Us ever on Soi Bangla or was it always a separate venue in the Paradise Complex. I always though it was a cabaret in Paradise while C n D was originally just a bar in the Tiger Complex that became bigger and changed location and then incorporated a cabaret show. I think Katoeys R Us was gone before Jimbo arrived on the scene down that way but I may be wrong as it was a while ago now.

Here is some background on Katoeys R Us and C&D from 2003 on TLF

The KohJoy is a cabaret/restaurant in Royal Paradise complex on

Patong beach. It is also nicknamed "Katoeys 'R' Us". Above this

cabaret are 2 large rooms to stay in. I have never slept there but

Nick showed them to me and they looked really nice and large, with

cable TV and nice cool A/C; big showers also. Only about 900-1200

baht depending on the season and the location is great and the

cabaret is right downstairs. Koh Joy is great for dinner and a

show; show starts at 9 so get there at 8 and have a nice meal and a

beer or 2. The food is great and the original Thai menu has something to whet everone's appetite.

About 1/4 mile from there is a place called Cocktails and

Dreams, under the Tiger disco on Soi Bangla. This is basically a

beer bar owned by Nick and his LB wife, mixed in with about 20 other

bars. the difference of course is that C&D is all-ladyboy; usually

about 15-20 per night. some get there early and staff the place

from about 7PM on, while the rest of the crew comes over when the

show ends at Koh Joy at about 1030 and stay until 2. cool place;

no hassles and no outrageous prices; as Nick says " lady drinks are

the same as regular drinks", so you don't have to pay 120baht for a

splash of orange juice for the girl you like to come and sit with

you and chat. Buy 2 beers and share one with Banana, Toey or Jenny

and it will cost about 140 baht. Both of these places are

recommended if you are spending time on Phuket.

• Like 1

Spanky's only ran for 4 years.  The same location as the legendary Limmatquai.

Had my first ladyboy threesome out of that bar that involved one ladyboy penetrating the other so hold fond memories for me!    :happy0148:  :behind:

The first time I ever topped was at Limmatquai.

The new bar is suppose to open on the 21st I think.

Limmatquai does seem to hold a special place in many people's minds, myself included.

I haven't had many 3-somes, but my first threesome also took place in a seedy room above Limmatquai. Most of the others took place at the PS Guest House. All fine, upstanding establishments :biggrin:  

Had too many cold pints of Chang and just recovering from my hangover.  I'm not really sure how my settings work on the camera so shooting into the light didn't work too well but this kind of shows the electric vibe.

Btw, i don't think you can usually takes pics there but these were some promo shots at around 8PM before most customers arrived. 

post-7348-0-59830400-1448196790_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

Exactly 24 hours ago Pdogg and myself were just about to leave the opening night at Katoeys are Us.

I was there for 3 hours and had a really enjoyable time. Spent B99,800 less than someone else did for a night out  :obscene:

Reports elsewhere don't seem particularly positive about the venue. Complaining about lighting, music too loud, bar fine prices and the fact that there was a mix of ladyboys and GG's causing it to fail in terms of living up to its name. It is so easy to complain, but complaints following an opening night is being quite naive and short-sighted.

New venues often struggle for full staff occupancy immediately, these things take time. Better to fill up the numbers with GG's rather than nobody. Even so, having a mixed venue where the ladyboys are so easily identifiable from the GG's is a good thing, in my opinion, given its location. Soi Diamond also has the added benefit of never having to set foot in Walking Street if you don't want to, which is a big plus for me.

Music levels, barfine costs and lights in people's eyes. It is considered a Walking Street venue after all so prices will reflect that. At B800 it is not something I would ever dream of paying, but compared to other agogos in the area the barfine is not unreasonable. Spinning lights in the eyes are a small adjustment away, if customers were to mention it. It didn't bother me but I noticed it. Music was loud but nothing like Marine levels.

Similar aspect to PD's pics as I was sat next to him. Tokky (on the right) was the only ladyboy I knew, but there were numerous cute ones there.

post-101-0-04354300-1448215752_thumb.jpg

post-101-0-18595000-1448215755_thumb.jpg

post-101-0-53498300-1448215758_thumb.jpg

post-101-0-44144100-1448215761_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

Exactly 24 hours ago Pdogg and myself were just about to leave the opening night at Katoey are Us.

I was there for 3 hours and had a really enjoyable time. 

Yes a good night it was.     :party0011:  :party0011:  :party0011:

They know how to work the tap system as the beer tasted fresh and it was good and cold.  At WS gogos I always drink draft: if no draft I won't go in but the quality of the draft is often mediocre . Not at Katoeys are us. And it's a proper pint.  At a joint like Bacarat it's only 10 ounces.  

I liked the music and thought it was at proper volume.  I like the seating as you have a choice of front row or back row and different guys have different preferences in that regard.

Props to the owners for having free draft beer all night long!     :drinks:

• Upvote 1

Yes a good night it was.     :party0011:  :party0011:  :party0011:

They know how to work the tap system as the beer tasted fresh and it was good and cold.  At WS gogos I always drink draft: if no draft I won't go in but the quality of the draft is often mediocre . Not at Katoeys are us. And it's a proper pint.  At a joint like Bacarat it's only 10 ounces.  

I liked the music and thought it was at proper volume.  I like the seating as you have a choice of front row or back row and different guys have different preferences in that regard.

Props to the owners for having free draft beer all night long!     :drinks:

Thanks and I am happy you had a good time. We just opened so of coarse there will be growing pains but hey thats why I join these forums to get feedback from the customers and make it a better bar. Best, Mark

• Upvote 1

Well, if it's feedback you're after... It seems like a great venue, but with bar fines at 800 baht a pop, I'll give it a miss, thanks. & so will a lot of other people will too... And they won't necessarily be cheap Charlie's either, there'll be a lot of good spenders who just think that the bar fine price is a bit rich, especially by comparison to other LB venues in town.

It's a shame, I'd have really loved to have had another LB establishment to visit in Pattaya

:hi:

• Upvote 1

Well, if it's feedback you're after... It seems like a great venue, but with bar fines at 800 baht a pop, I'll give it a miss, thanks. & so will a lot of other people will too... And they won't necessarily be cheap Charlie's either, there'll be a lot of good spenders who just think that the bar fine price is a bit rich, especially by comparison to other LB venues in town.

It's a shame, I'd have really loved to have had another LB establishment to visit in Pattaya

:hi:

The BF is 500 we also have drink specials 8-9pm 2 for 1 drinks and 12 midnight - 3am is 2 for 1 chang draft.

post-8294-0-82151500-1448524200_thumb.jp

post-8294-0-90951900-1448524214_thumb.jp

post-8294-0-93754100-1448524241_thumb.jp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8