Booking.com vs Agoda

Pdoggg

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Booking.com or Agoda

• Booking.com
    • Agoda

Booking.com and Agoda

Some guys book direct with a hotel online and others just walk in but it seems our members two favorite hotel websites are Booking.com and Agoda.

Which do you prefer and why?

BB and I would kindly ask that if you do use Booking.com or Agoda that you please use our links on Asia Hotel and Travel.  Thanks!   :hi:  :biggrin:

Booking.com and Agoda

I always use Booking.Com, never had any problems with them.

In most cases you can cancel or modify your booking free of charge 1 week before your due to arrive  should you decide to change your mind or plans and also pay on arrival at the Hotel  B) , Im not sure you can do that with Agoda?

Here is an example.....my booking at the 950 Condotel in Angeles City from the 13th of this month

.............................................................................................................................................................

Room details This suite features air conditioning, electric kettle and satellite

TV. Guest name ******  ******** 

Number of guests max. 2 people. 

Meal Plan Breakfast is included in the room rate.

Prepayment 100 percent of the first night will be charged at least 7 days prior to arrival.

Cancellation policy

If cancelled or modified up to 8 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled or modified up to 4 days before date of arrival, 100 percent of the first night will be charged. If cancelled or modified later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Any cancellation or modification fees are determined by the property. You will pay any additional costs to the property.

Cancellation cost

• Until 4 November 2015 23:59 [Angeles]: PHP 0
  • From 5 November 2015 00:00 [Angeles]: PHP 1,995
  • From 9 November 2015 00:00 [Angeles]: PHP 13,965

Payment

You have now confirmed and guaranteed your reservation by credit card.
All payments are to be made at the property during your stay, unless otherwise stated in the policies
Please note that your credit card may be pre-authorised prior to your arrival.
This accommodation provider accepts the following forms of payment:
American Express, Visa, Euro/Mastercard, JCB

..............................................................................................................................................................................

The last two times Ive stayed there they have never took any prepayments from me, that goes for most of the other Hotels Ive stayed at too using Booking.Com  :hi:

• Upvote 1

I have tried Agoda, Booking and hotels' websites. I have never had problems. This trip, i have chosen agoda because, at the end, their prices were better (about 200 baths difference per night) for the hotel i wanted.

But some other times they are not the cheapest, so you have to compare.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Booking.com shows you the price upfront(all fees included) while Agoda shows you the price before the fees, I know they are the same company but with Booking.com at least you get the price all in, and Agoda 's prices change when you book. If this makes sense all I'm saying is Booking.com seems to be more honest(?) if you understand what I'm saying?

• Upvote 2