Best Bar Host on the Ladyboy Scene.

Stroker

Who do you think makes a good LB bar host?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think makes a great LB bar host?

• Scott in Sensations.
    • Josh in Baby Boom
    • Spike in 69 Bar
    • Jimbo in C & D
    • Dave in Kings Bar
    • Other

Above are 5 of the most popular farang ladyboy bar owners in Thailand.  They put their personal stamp on their bar, it's their baby, and each is run their way reflecting their own ideas of what makes a good bar. Which owners above do you feel make a great host (you can vote for more than one) and why?

On a side note, is the host's meet, greet, and banter important to you or is it good enough to have a well run bar without the personal touch?   Do you feel a bond with your favorite bar owner(s)?  Will you be their defender if the host or his bar is attacked on forums?  Or are you quite happy to have a drink, chat and then move on without becoming caught up in the drama that often surrounds owners and their bars?

Good question since I have seen some guys get heavily invested in a particular bar and owner to the point it becomes nonsensical. 

Me, and I suspect most others are quite happy to have a drink, chat and then move on without becoming caught up/involved in the drama that often surrounds owners and their bars. 

I'm surprised Lita's bar is not listed ...  -_-

Bar owners LOVE you as long as you don't say anything against their bar...

It's about farang owners in this case Billy as was mentioned in the opening so we could compare how they run their shows. Lite is a great host to her friends and always puts on the extras to make a fun time in her bars.
  • Upvote 1

Voted Scott at Sensations. I think Scott is an all round nice guy, who always has time to have a chat with the visitors to his bar, be they spending a fortune, or just calling in for a few swift drinks before moving on elsewhere.

Obviously Lita can't be included as it is about farang bar owners, but she certainly would get my vote if included. And I agree with brother Redrock, Carl was as mad as a bag of weasels, but did run a good show back in the day.

• Upvote 2

I voted Scott, because he's a good mate & easily the friendliest out of this bunch, & I also agree with Redrock & Ciobha, that Carl, whilst being mad as a balloon, was a whole load of fun if you caught him on a good day!

However, we're talking about hosts, & to be honest, I wouldn't call any of this lot, 'a good host'...

In spite of having my differences with the bloke in the past, Jimbo's a very natural raconteur & entertainer. And most definitely the only one short listed who really has any real, 'host' potential... If he wanted to use it?

As for Lita... Well, she's the only one who I'd like to fuck, that's for sure... But host, NAH! She most definitely ain't!

• Upvote 2

I'm with you Billy, they love good reports but become very defensive at even the most objective complaints.

The bars after all are just businesses and some times in business you have to admit to your mistakes.

I voted Scott, and Other.

When Sensations first appeared 3 years ago and Scott and the bar were the talk of the town I made a conscious effort not to get sucked/suckered in to what appeared to be excessive fawning, particularly by the noisy LBP fraternity. I didn't really know Scott at the time. However, once living within a few minutes walk of the place and once the loudest clientele were out of town during low season it quickly became my favourite bar. Despite other contenders recently entering the scene Scott has never had any real competition from my perspective.

Simply put, Scott is a decent guy who always comes by to say hello whenever he sees me in the bar. Out of the two main girlfriend-friendly venues (the other being 69) he is the only one who treats my girlfriend with respect and always makes her feel very welcome, which was not the case at the other. That decision never to return to the other bar was made definitively by her, not me. I have my own separate reasons for not bothering to go there much.

The term 'host' is an interesting and good choice of terms. As we know, none of these guys are the actual bar owner, more like a bar owner by proxy. It is a Thai partner who is the true owner.

La Bamba's farang 'host' is almost conspicuous by his absence in the poll, as are our French friends at The House. Arguably Vinee at Fantasy Lounge could have been included too, but he doesn't reside in Pattaya so is rarely seen, even though the same could be said of Dave at Kings Bar. I like Vinee, so he can have a share of my 'Other'.

• Upvote 3

You're making a good point about Scott there Dixon.  I don't much care for any bar these days and Sensations has never been a favourite of mine.  But putting that aside Scott has always been genuine and helpful.  

As Luung  says, Jimbo has probably got the best host persona.  But I've never spent much time in C&D so I can't give an honest opinion.

The fact that he sometimes wears a full Casablanca style tuxedo in 35 degree tropical heat shows commitment though.

Billy69, I fully agree with you. The so call "bars" are, in my opinion, just brothels, run by people who, in many other countries, would be called "pimps": would you expect any better behaviour from this kind of people? 

• Upvote 3

I think from reading the names of choice in the OP we would all agree the ones listed are the financial owners of the venues but of course not the names on the actual ownership papers.  These are the farang faces we meet regularly when in the bars and we take it they own the place monetary wise.  Lita of course is not a farang and so is not on the list, along with Route67 , who while a farang, was never seen as the owner of La Bamba and thus did not make the list.

Other of course covers the likes of Vinee etc who go overlooked.

I have only ever met Jimbo on one of his trips to Patts and have not been down Patong way since he became the head honcho down there. Like others have commented, Scott always goes out of his way with a firm handshake and a bit of chat and makes you feel welcome without any hard sell. I suppose most of the names mentioned would not shy away from the fact that they are the money behind the establishments they front unlike some other snake oil salesmen types that we come across from time to time.

• Upvote 1

The so call "bars" are, in my opinion, just brothels, run by people who, in many other countries, would be called "pimps": would you expect any better behaviour from this kind of people?

And as people who use their services should we be considered any better?

• Upvote 6

Sensations.......Scott has always been welcoming, friendly and takes the time out to chat with you in the bar, a really nice guy

Cocktails & Dreams......Jimbo has been very helpful with info when BM's visit C&D's, he will also take you out on the town, having Xmas dinner with him and titleist in the Islander Pub back in 2009 was great too

Ezy and Famous.....as others have said I thought Karl was mad as cheese but I always enjoyed my chats with him, he played all for my favourite tunes when I walked into the bar (he had a memory like an Elephant), the last time I saw him was when I went into Famous one afternoon with a bottle of Black Sambuca for the girls, he immediately put my tunes on with his new phone gadget , we had a couple of beers together then hit the sambuca's and B52's, needless to say we both got smashed and I had to leave my motorbike keys with young May, happy days and I do miss him being around when in Pattaya. 

• Upvote 2

Had to leave your motorbike keys with young May indeed!!! Hahahaha, yes I am sure your choices were limited and you just had to.  :biggrin:

BTW, where is Karl nowadays and what is he up to? Anyone know?

Lita told me last time I was in her bar (Nov 14) that Karl was back in Wales

As for the motorbike it was dropped off back to me later that evening ridden by the ladyboy who used to work behind the bar (forget her name) with young May on the back, needless to say one of them followed me up the stairway of the Canterbury Tales and the other got a tip for her trouble and headed off, I will let you guess who did what  :biggrin: