Woraburi Great Value on Sukhumvit Soi 4

Pdoggg

Based on good reviews from my friends Duke and Sustra, I stayed at the Woraburi for my one night in Bangkok. I was impressed. It's a great deal compared to most of the other hotels on that Soi.

The bed is comfortable. The safe was able to hold my slim 13 inch laptop. There's free instant coffee and tea in the room as well as free toiletries. 

There's a rooftop pool, a nice place to hang out but not big enough for serious lap swimming.

I stayed in the Standard Room, 20 sq meters but sometimes the 25 sq meter room is only 100 baht more, so a good option if not on a tight budget. If you arrive early let's say 8AM you can check in early for an extra 500 baht if the room is available.

They have a buffet brekkie downstairs which is 200 baht. Food is so-so but the coffee was good and all u can drink included in the price. Real milk, not artificial creamer.

It's at the end of Soi 4, which is good and bad. It's quieter but not as convenient to NEP, 8-10 minute walk. They do have a free tuk tuk which leaves on the half hour but unless it's raining it's a nice walk. Coming home if it's raining or if you're with a ladyboy in heels it's a quick taxi from NEP 50 baht including tip but if alone unless it was severe thunderstorm I'd rather get a bit wet and save 50 baht. 

Bottom line, it's now my hotel of choice in the Nana area. if you're a value for money guy then check it out!

Thanks again guys for the recommendation!

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php/blog/32/entry-57-woraburi-best-budget-hotel-on-sukhumvit-soi-4/

post-7348-0-02332500-1445357152_thumb.jp

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php/blog/32/entry-57-woraburi-best-budget-hotel-on-sukhumvit-soi-4/

• Upvote 2

I haven't stayed there for a few years now, but the two times I stayed prior to 2010 the rooms had a musty smell to them..The value was great then and location was pretty good, but I stay a bit closer to the action now.  When I'm booking I do check on the Woraburi which remains a good value.  I may use them again in the future if price comparison is in their favor over Aspen Suites Soi 2, SM Grande Soi 4, i check Inn Soi 2.

• Upvote 1

I've stayed there also a few times. It's ok for the price but a long walk back to the room with your LB in heels. 

Didn't know you wore heels Sam  :rolleye0012:  , dont let our Tel know or you could be in trouble  :biggrin:

And as Pdoggg says its only 50 baht in a tuk tuk if you dont fancy the walk  B)

• Upvote 1

Didn't know you wore heels Sam  :rolleye0012:  , dont let our Tel know or you could be in trouble  :biggrin:

To late,   now I know that Sam wears heels,  I just can't get that super sexy image out of my mind    :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I haven't stayed there for a few years now, but the two times I stayed prior to 2010 the rooms had a musty smell to them..The value was great then and location was pretty good, but I stay a bit closer to the action now.  When I'm booking I do check on the Woraburi which remains a good value.  I may use them again in the future if price comparison is in their favor over Aspen Suites Soi 2, SM Grande Soi 4, i check Inn Soi 2.

My nose is fairly sensitive to moldy smells and the room I was in smelled fresh.  Might vary from room to room though.

Here are links to Gutsy's three hotels.  I notice that te Woraburi gets more expensive in November so iCheck Soi 2 might well be less expensive depending on the date.  I like being on the even soi side of Sukhumvit. With Darkside closed that's where all the bars that I'm interested in are located.  But a guy primarily interested in GGs might be better off in the Cowboy area.

Guys, if you are using Booking.com or Agoda to book a hotel PLEASE use the links on our sister site, Asia Hotel and Travel, as the small commission we get (but same price to you) is what we use to pay for hosting and the various expenses of LBR.

To late,   now I know that Sam wears heels,  I just can't get that super sexy image out of my mind    :biggrin:

If I didn't know better I would think you guys are making fun of me.  :movethatass:

• Upvote 1

I've stayed there also a few times. It's ok for the price but a long walk back to the room with your LB in heels. 

i just remember walking from suk to woraburi hands in hands with my ex lb .....one of the most memorable moments in my life ( if only i quit the day after....)

just before the hotel we had a wonderful dinner at a isaan food restaurant...sea bass in salt crust