Is Sunee ready?

SiamSam

I think in 2007, Minou Bar was an all ladyboy bar in Sunee.  That's where Karn started her career.

I enjoy the relaxed vibe, comfortable seating, and reasonable music volume of Sunee.  But perhaps if every bar in Sunee was a ladyboy bar it'd turn into another Soi 7.

Karn & a whole host of other 'usual suspects' started at Minou, it was the breeding ground for a whole multitude of todays well known ladyboys.

And I recollect a couple of other LB bars too, being in the vicinity over the years, but none of them really seemed to work & you couldn't always guarantee that you'd find any of them open, even if you did make the effort to hoof it over to that end of town.

I think that the problem is simply that Sunee is just far too well known as a gay area, especially for those of us who are at the lesser pink end of our coulourful spectrum. I know that I always used to feel really uncomfortable wandering around there until I met PDogg & some of the others amongst our crowd... Especially, when I used to get these horrible little, gangsta, gay boys, cat calling to me up the road, asking if I want my bum fucked, it really used to make me want to dive for cover!

So there it is... Sunee's just got way too much of a stigma attached to it for most of the LB loving community who like to think that they're getting stuck into chicks with dicks, rather than young lads in frocks.

Oh crikey, I've just turned this into an, 'Am I gay thread', haven't I :rolleye0012:

:hi:

• Upvote 5

I think in 2007, Minou Bar was an all ladyboy bar in Sunee.  That's where Karn started her career.

Oil (not little Oil), later of Ezy and half a dozen bars, was a mamasan at Minou. I took her a couple of times last month when she was FL on Soi Diana down a bit from Soi Buakhao. One of the other FL with her was also from Minou. Minou was a fun place but almost never had customers, when I was there, except the small group I came in with. I would be happy if there were just a few more LBs/femboys scattered in the gay bars in Sunee. Slim pickings usually when I bother to go.

• Upvote 1

Contrary to some other views here, I don't see why not.

Sunee is a fairly quiet place after all, by Pattaya standards, and I can't see that a LB bar would detract from its ambience, or make it into a wild raging locale. It might add a bit of colour and diversity to the gayboy scene. Some mentioned other bars in the area, but I think of those two in Soi VC just at the mouth of Sunee. They have LBs on staff, who will go with customers too if asked. They certainly don't make any problems for the mostly gayboy lot who frequent those bars (names forgotten now - good grief, how long it is since I've been back there).

I remember there was another short lived lb bar besides Minou -  something like Cat. I agree with others that it is less likely for an lb bar to do well at Sunee. It is known as a gay area, and while there has been considerable debate most lb lovers feel uncomfortable in a gay area.

If you look at the successful lb bars they are generally not located in a gay area. Also the Sunee area has been receiving extra attention from the authorities as underage bar staff have been a common practice.

If you go to Soi VC at Second Road junction in the early hours of the morning you will see a little gang of ours milling around maybe half a dozen sometimes more . 

They are there for a reason don't give up hope dear boys !!! 

There have been LBs hanging out near the front of the VC Hotel for about as long as I've been going to Pattaya. With the refurb of the VC Hotel and the new fast food place I wondered if they were still around there somewhere. For years I often when back to my room in the wee hours via Soi VC. But I haven't stayed in that area for a long time.

To give us insider tips on the 4.30 at Chepstow????

I'm going to guess that is a horse racing joke?

I remember there was another short lived lb bar besides Minou -  something like Cat. 

Cat's Place wasn't really a short-lived bar nor was it located in Sunee....It was located on a small Soi on the way to Sunee for some, but much closer to TukCom than to Sunee...If you walked down with PD you would always pass by Cat's......PD didn't like the trek down Soi 16/17 for fear of getting run down by a passing motor contraption of some sort.......Didn't blame him, I was fearful of the motorbikes as well..So I used to travel to Sunee the back way....Yep, there is a back entrance to Sunee Plaza...What ever would Sunee be without a backdoor........

In the day I agree the right LB Bar may have been a success in Sunee...There were evenings when the crowd at Corner Bar would have easily supported a dedicated LB bar....I could envision that a relaxed LB bar kinda like Corner Bar minus the sillycone slut factor of other LB bars but with the femmy factor, might draw a certain crowd...But sadly those days are apparently gone....

Hopefully not forever...........

Maybe one day your wish will come true Sam.........

• Upvote 1

I remember there was another short lived lb bar besides Minou -  something like Cat. 

That bar was called Cat's Place and was perhaps an 8 minute walk or so from Minou's old location. Cat's Place was situated behind Tukcom and remnants of its signage still exist today. The unit has remained empty and unoccupied since it closed quite a few years ago, as far as I can tell. It was alright in there.

I too very much like the relaxed seating and the overall laid-back style of Sunee's outdoor areas.

I personally think Sunee could do with a very girly-femboy-type bar in which the boys look oh-so-girly as they learn their feminine craft. It seems there are a few of that silicon-free type scattered around the area, so if they were corralled into one convenient ladyboy-schooling bar then it would be rather nice and may draw more femboys to indulge.

Perhaps it could be called 'Bus Station', as that's where they'd arrive nice & fresh from the Issan factory.

• Upvote 1

I had forgotten about Cat's Place. And as mentioned it wasn't really in Sunee. It was likely doomed from the start. I remember going in one night when I was the only customer. I bought all 7-8 LBs a LD and had them sit in a circle on the floor for a circle jerk. I offered the one that could get off first a small cash prize (200B?). :biggrin:  Although I also gave the runner up something as she just lost by a spurt. I kissed the LB next to me and could taste cigarette smoke and I said "You smoke" which she took wrong and started giving me a BJ. B)  Amazing I could forget that bar. I saw Cat at one of the bars near 2nd Road and Soi 2 about a year later. All those bar are gone now.

I believe Cat's Place was located here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.922781,100.8780069,3a,75y,186.34h,86.72t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s512enrg7eFiCRmSZ7oC8ZQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Sorry, I now return you to our regularly scheduled program.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Quick update on the dying Sunee Plaza.  Took a walk there the other night and have never seen it more dead, 

All Of Me closed recently.  Too bad as their 40 baht happy hour gin and tonics was expat friendly pricing.

There are only three gogos left in Sunee.  Power Boys and Nice Boys are right next to each other on Soi VC.   Power Boys is probably the best place to maybe find a femmy type boy but if you go with a group there won't be enough femmies for the entire group.

Eros is the wildest of the tree gogos and also the cheapest.  Beer and boy drinks are in the 110 baht range.  Lots of rocking out with cocks out.  with guys giving/getting handjobs and blowjobs in the bar.  Depending what you do I'm told a 100-200 tip is standard.   

Probably many former Sunee customers now go to Jomtien Complex where beer bar prices are similar to Sunee but there are no gogos in Jomtien Complex.

But Sunee is still a decent place to have a quiet drink with mates and the boys won't hassle you if you want to be left alone. Ting Tong Red is probably the busiest with 50 baht draft Chang and comfy big red chairs you can't miss. It's by teh swimming pool.    

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/13/2016 at 11:44 PM, BigTel said:

that's a shame about "All of Me" looks like I shall be checking out Ting Tong Red.

:drinks:

I'm told that Winner Bar (formerly Jim Jimmy James) has a happy hour from 5-7:30 pm. Draft beer: 50B, bottle beer: 60B; Spirits: 60B

1 hour ago, TEXASMAC said:

My first time there I was invited by BigTel and had a nice relaxed evening. It was a new experience for me.

1 hour ago, TEXASMAC said:

I should say I make at least one visit there every holiday in Pattaya.

me too, and so far always have left very quickly and underwhelmed as well