A Manc's view of Thailand

duke007

• 5 weeks later...

That was better than a Kev video by a mile but it helped I had some interest in the subject. Tim's Bar Beer/GoGo/pool room has five bottled beers and at least 3 or 4 are ales. They are 140 baht a bottle but on special for 100 baht on Monday night. Monday night I had the IPA. It was definitely highly hopped but the hop flavor didn't really have a hop taste I am accustom to and I used to be an IPA junkie. I likely will go back and try one of the others sooner or later.

FWIW I was walking past Tim Bar Beer with a friend who said he had been walking past the place for 10 years. He had no idea there was a GoGo inside and in the back a big pool hall. He just thought it was a sidewalk bar. Perhaps an alternative pool venue if one can't get a table at Megabreak.   

Sorry, slight thread phuck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xyzzy said:

That was better than a Kev video by a mile but it helped I had some interest in the subject. Tim's Bar Beer/GoGo/pool room has five bottled beers and at least 3 or 4 are ales. They are 140 baht a bottle but on special for 100 baht on Monday night. Monday night I had the IPA. It was definitely highly hopped but the hop flavor didn't really have a hop taste I am accustom to and I used to be an IPA junkie. I likely will go back and try one of the others sooner or later.

FWIW I was walking past Tim Bar Beer with a friend who said he had been walking past the place for 10 years. He had no idea there was a GoGo inside and in the back a big pool hall. He just thought it was a sidewalk bar. Perhaps an alternative pool venue if one can't get a table at Megabreak.   

Sorry, slight thread phuck.

Tims is a great bar, I also had passed the place for years before I was introduced to it earlier this year by a friend 

1 hour ago, Jimslim said:

Tims is a great bar, I also had passed the place for years before I was introduced to it earlier this year by a friend 

I agree, never even new about until a couple of years ago when the La B girls took me there to play pool. In my opinion it is a better pool hall than Megabreak, with the added bonus of seeing quite a few of the GoGo cuties scampering up the hall to use the Hong Nam on a regular basis. They also do Thatchers Gold at a reasonable enough price, which I do enjoy as an alternative to beer.

FWIW, xyzzy may be interested - from now until around mid January they have a raffle type event at the back of the pool hall. You pay 100 baht and pick a star off the tree. Some of the prizes are top notch, and you will always win something, even if it the losing prizes are a pack of nuts and a can of beer. Last year I managed to win 7 nights in a Deluxe room at the hotel (valid March until November), while Sindy and Nok between them won a flat screen TV, Washing Machine, mini fridge, microwave oven and also several nights in one of the deluxe rooms. Very much worth a couple hundred baht.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2019 at 4:46 AM, Pdoggg said:

Come Play With Me Bar in the Pook Complex in thebove video serves Heineken, Sam Mig Lite, Tiger Lite, and the supposed King of Beers, Budweiser all for65 baht.

Their staff is 100% female, code for "ladyboy free zone".

The video says staff is 100% female  bur dropped into Pook Plaza tonight, the bars did not seem to have names but as we walked through a ladyboy I knew from Candy Bar in Phnom Penh said, "remember me", so we sat in her bar and it looked like there were other ladyboys were there but that could have been my imagination..  Could have been another bar in the complex but they all seemed connected.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 2:28 AM, Pdoggg said:

The video says staff is 100% female  bur dropped into Pook Plaza tonight, the bars did not seem to have names but as we walked through a ladyboy I knew from Candy Bar in Phnom Penh said, "remember me", so we sat in her bar and it looked like there were other ladyboys were there but that could have been my imagination..  Could have been another bar in the complex but they all seemed connected.

I had the same experience. She said she knew me from Candy Bar. And I haven't been to PP in two or three years. A least one of two more around the ladyboy theoretically free Pook Plaza.