A Manc's view of Thailand

duke007

I really enjoy Geoff's videos, even his cooking segments.  He's really trying to make a go of his new found Pattaya celebrity status it seems. In one of his more recent videos he's now diversified into selling t-shirts.  

I guess it can be lucrative if you get a good following.  I was surprised to see Rob from 20 Seconds in Thailand makes ~$1000/month just from his Patreon donors.  I wonder how well Youtube pays.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I had the same experience as Geoff on that route. My Tailgate Tommy in that very long drive was only passed by two other vehicles.  Never again.

Returning from Ko Chang an alternative is making your way from Ko Chang to Trat which might include a short minivan ride.  Then catching the bus from Trat to Pattaya.   

I stayed over one night in Trat.  Not much to do there,one night is more than enough.  Nice thing is the the bus starts from Trat so at first the bus is quite empty and comfortable.

It's a shame that the minivan system is such that you often get Tailgate Tommys especially on the long routes.

Here's the hotel that I stayed at in Trat.

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php/topic/414-trat-hotels/ 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Then catching the bus from Trat to Pattaya.

If you ever miss the last bus to Pattaya from Trat as I did once, there is a later bus that cuts in country close to "Chach en sow" and then swings around to Sri Racha,  far easier to get back into Pattaya from there, you could even get a White or the light Blue song tairw if no buses available from Sri Racha back into Pattaya.  :drinks:

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spent three wonderful months there on my failed retirement. In the three months drooped 35 pounds from the healthier eating and walking the beaches. The place is beautiful. Had fully furnished 2 bedroom , 2 bath townhouse for 12,000 bhat. My first water bill was 120 bhat and first electrical was 600 bhat.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had to nip to the 7/11 for a couple of cheese & ham toasties :biggrin:, enjoying them now while watching these videos, after all its only 6-15am in the morning here in Pat-ta-ya...wicked

I may even go to this place with my favourite ladyboy later in the month...crusty B)