Live from AC...

lance2546

Lance,

Unfortunately I did not see this thread prior to my trip, most informative.

Whilst I was there I was having dinner one night at Kokomos and a Harley riding American expat sat next to me on the rail and we chatted about a number of topics but he happened to mention that the government is spending billions of peso to create a new city in the proximity of Clarke airport. I did notice last year when traveling by bus from Angeles to Barrio Barreta that there were a number of hospitals being built on the outskirts of the airport and the expat was saying that they will be building a complete city to house millions of people.

As a local are you able to shed any light on what is happening and if any of the funds will be used to tidy up Fields and evirons which is starting to look very jaded with pavements with missing pieces, roads with pot holes and just general neglect despite I would think millions being paid to local government by bar/restaurant/hotel/resort owners etc?

• Upvote 1

There is no E in Clark. Too bad there are no longer direct flights to BKK.

I do apologise for the spelling error, sir.

I wasn't aware that a spelling error in the forum needs to be called out.

Please note that I use Australian English so the word 'apologise' is spelt correctly in my country. Also 'spelt' is an Australian English spelling of a word which in US English is 'spelled'.

I will take more care in future.

• Upvote 2

Please note that I use Australian English so the word 'apologise' is spelt correctly in my country. Also 'spelt' is an Australian English spelling of a word which in US English is 'spelled'.

I will take more care in future.

Sorry to have upset you. If it wasn't the name of an airport someone might be trying to find info on I wouldn't have made the correction.

John, even a comma error could result in a lynching :) (Joking Buddy)

I've seen a few local newspaper articles about the new "Green" City being planned near Clark, but mostly just announcement type stuff to create intrest.

About Fields being cleaned up, I wouldn't hold my breath. I like it here but corruption is a problem. (As in funds allocated for civic improvement mysteriously end up in off shore bank accounts.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well a first for me- I took a lady boy on a trip to Singapore.

I've been dating  a really sweet LB here in AC, she is a supervisor at a firm on Clark Field. I prepped her on document to bring with her: bank statements, car title, letter from her employer, etc.. She's never been abroad, but never P4P.

I found some discounted tickets on Shabu Pathetic, $250 round trip for both of us, so I booked the flight back in April.

We get to Clark, check in on the fight to Singapore, her travel tax was 1,620 PHP + 600 terminal fee (which she paid herself.)

The lady Immigration officer asked her many questions: What places will you visit?; Do you have a hotel booking, etc. She has to go to the for an interview and I stay in the waiting area. The interviewer is more professional and explains that they are trying to make sure Filipinas are not trafficked. The interview is about 15 minutes, but they pass her, she is well documented and every thing is legit.

She does well on the flight -first time in a plane- and we disembark at Changi. Again she is flagged at Immigration, but this interview is quick, less than five minutes.

The trip, only two nights, was fun. She was impressed with Singapore, the cleanliness, order and shopping! LOL! She also eagerly tried new food and enjoyed her first taste of Thai cuisine- Tom Yung Gung!  

Of course she took many selfies and couldn't wait to post them on Facebook. The trip never happened unless you get 100+ likes, LOL!

I'm just so happy that she wasn't offloaded; the (first) lady Immigration officer at Clark was a bitch and demonstrating her position of power. An all to familiar trait of some public "servants" here...

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it should be. I think we just got an Immigration officer with a burr up her ass. The LB I took, is employed as a supervisor on Clark Air Base. She had her employment badge, bank statements, copy of her  car ownership documents and a letter from her employer. Some of the Immigration Nazis at Clark are on power trips.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 15/09/2015 at 6:29 PM, chloedelena said:

Thanks Rawhide. I feel worried and excited at the same time cuz this is my first time to travel alone and first time in KL. Geeeez!

https://www.kliaekspres.com/buy-ticket/

RM 55 each way now. Discounts of upto 20% available using the machines to purchase (mastercard) I think you need to buy 2 way ticket (RM110 less 20%)

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Anybody interested google has street view of AC, seems from around Aug 2015 judging by signs up.

Here's Bretto's which apparently has a lot of ladyboys according to this account: http://www.philippinesredcat.com/ladyboys-in-angeles/

https://www.google.com/maps/@15.1674509,120.5892292,3a,75y,135.75h,77.64t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sL7Dlj6xBEe0YHHDcYf3m8A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

And here's Phillie's at the other end of Walking St

https://www.google.com/maps/@15.167123,120.586139,3a,75y,237.32h,81.47t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sW21CZJYKkrRu23vCP5H2Xg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Upvote 1

Bretto's is showing in street view under it's previous name of Paradise Beer Garden. When in AC early November there were only 2 or 3 ladyboys inside when I visited with most congregating outside Phillies.

The article in Philippines Red Cat is a general summary, you may note that 2 of the girls in the video appear in my trip reports 'March in the Philippines'. I note,however, the article's first pic is actually taken outside Makati Palace Hotel in Manila!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:08 PM, EyeMahk said:

Lance, it may be easier for her to make another trip, as she now has record of leaving the country and returning after a very short time.

Yes buddy, you are correct. Its that first trip abroad on a new passport that seems to trigger suspicion. Its also luck of the draw about the Immigration officer's attitude :)

• 1 year later...

A LB friend messaged me last night that she has not been to Phillies or Walking Street for three weeks. Seems like there is a LB crackdown by the authorities. If some one is plannigna trip, I wouldn't worry, bar raids/LB harassment is usually short lived. More public relations so the police can demonstrate their diligence against human trafficking, lol.

OT, but a LB shared with me that her first sex partner was her cousin; he gave her P5 after he fucked her. Not a typo, five pesos guys. I must have shown some disbelief because she quickly said "That was many years ago and I could buy several pieces of candy with 5 pesos."

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 2:26 PM, lance2546 said:

A LB friend messaged me last night that she has not been to Phillies or Walking Street for three weeks. Seems like there is a LB crackdown by the authorities. If some one is plannigna trip, I wouldn't worry, bar raids/LB harassment is usually short lived. More public relations so the police can demonstrate their diligence against human trafficking, lol.

OT, but a LB shared with me that her first sex partner was her cousin; he gave her P5 after he fucked her. Not a typo, five pesos guys. I must have shown some disbelief because she quickly said "That was many years ago and I could buy several pieces of candy with 5 pesos."

Yes Lance it started in August. They were not allowed to congregate in one place like they usually do outside Phillies....  have to walk around and keep moving but a few would go into Phillies if they had money to buy themselves a drink.

• Like 1

I used to love going down to Phillies, perch myself at the rail and check out the talent. But I haven't been to Phillies for around six months and don't even bar hop much. I just got burned out. Off to Cambodia in 2019 and I'll hit the bars most every night. My "vacation" from Angeles :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the new barangay rules are that no LBs are allowed on walking street or environs between 10pm and 3am unless accompanied by a foreigner or are already in an establishment. If they leavethe establishment unaccompanied they have to go home by avoiding walking street.

The 2 nights I have been here the whole area is quiet with hardly anyone in walking street at all and only 1 or 2 lbs on the street and a few each in Bretto's, Phillies and Margarita Station 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sydneyjohn57 said:

Apparently the new barangay rules are that no LBs are allowed on walking street or environs between 10pm and 3am unless accompanied by a foreigner or are already in an establishment. If they leavethe establishment unaccompanied they have to go home by avoiding walking street.

The 2 nights I have been here the whole area is quiet with hardly anyone in walking street at all and only 1 or 2 lbs on the street and a few each in Bretto's, Phillies and Margarita Station 

I was told if the ladyboys get caught, there is no fine but have to wait until 8AM to be released.

I was also told that the little park next to Margarita Station/JJs is in a different barangay than Walking Street/Phillies and the girls feel safer form arrest by the park and moneychangers..

The good news is, "700 pisos, OK?" still works like a charm!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Yes, Angeles City is slowly digging out of the pandemic quagmire. 

A few days ago I counted 20 Perimeter bars from Puzzles Cafe  to Honey Ko's. only 11 were open...

The Phillies LB freelance scene is fairly robust, some nice talent around.

Beer, SML, is 70-75 in the Perimeter area; 130ish on Walking Street. 

Went in to Club Asia, Korean signage and steep steps to the bar on the second floor and saw four LBs on the stage. It's a Korean bar and the buys were puffing like chimneys, so I quaffed my SML and bounced. Lollipop Bar had some smokin hot girls in T-back that were really dancing and interacting with customers. Girls in some other bars looked gloomy, more like a funeral wake, lol.

• Like 1