Sunee Plaza Rumours

pdogg

We are all ears PD

Was running around town with my str8 mates but popped into Famoose on the way home to get some pics of Hine.

Hine doesn't know the areas or the bar. Lita said her friend is a gayboy and now at a Sunee Bar. Lita did not know which bar but said that Kung brought the friend to a Sunee bar and he got hired.

So who knows it could be a very pretty androgynous femboy or a tatooed muscle boy. Kung was not around when I called in but will find out in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Howard's Guesthouse has been sold and closed.

Punya, Howard's owner, is said to be concentrating on his San Souk Guesthouse.

What a bummer. I wonder how far away San Souk is. The rest of soi VC is useless unless you're into condo type accommodation. Looks like the end of short strolls to Mic My Boy et al.

Boo, as SiamSam would say, fucking hoooo.

I get the newsletter from Two Guys Guesthouse and it says Corner Bar is up for sale. Maybe we can all bombard Crabby with messages to his Facebook profile to get his butt back over to Patts and buy it back. Heck, the current owners may even be desperate enough to get out from under it that they'd sell it to him for less than they paid him for it.

If I ever win the lottery, I'll go in partners with Siam Sam and buy it, but I think the odds are low I'll ever win since I seldom ever buy any tickets. :biggrin:

The best reasonable option is for the Crab Man to come back and buy it again. :happy0065::db:

The best reasonable option is for the Crab Man to come back and buy it again. :happy0065::db:

I agree Lefty, here's the number for the Crab Man, it is for sale around 800,000 Baht so I have read.

cheers Amigo :drinks:

post-90-0-23035400-1342514360_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

If my maths are anywhere close 800,000 Thai baht is 24,000 US bucks right?

Shit, that's not much.

Anyone know how much your mates sold it to these Belgians for?

I just sent Crabby a FB message and filled him in on the current asking price and the phone #, thanks for that Tel btw, but I did not consider it proper for me to just ask him how much he sold it for, but maybe he'll at least let me know if buying it back for 800k would be a profit in of itself relative to the selling price when they sold it to the Belgians. .

What a bummer. I wonder how far away San Souk is. The rest of soi VC is useless unless you're into condo type accommodation. Looks like the end of short strolls to Mic My Boy et al.

Boo, as SiamSam would say, fucking hoooo.

What's wrong with Yensabai Condo for 12k a month? Unless one is just needing a lower cost rent. How about the hotel across from Sai Massage on Soi VC? How do those rooms compare to Howard's?

Also about the same distance as Howard's, maybe a little less, is that one they were refurbishing recently, on that side soi going toward Soi 16, just down from lower Soi Sunee.

What's wrong with Yensabai Condo for 12k a month? Unless one is just needing a lower cost rent. How about the hotel across from Sai Massage on Soi VC? How do those rooms compare to Howard's?

Also about the same distance as Howard's, maybe a little less, is that one they were refurbishing recently, on that side soi going toward Soi 16, just down from lower Soi Sunee.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with condos, just they're not for me. Yeh, I could try that one. Haven't been in there so don't know about the rooms.

Also I'm unfamiliar with the one across from Sai Massage - memory cells degenerating - nor can I recall even the one in the side soi. But it's good to have the info; I can try those. I really enjoyed being a Howard's distance from Sunee. So somewhere about that close is where I'd like to be next time in November.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with condos, just they're not for me. Yeh, I could try that one. Haven't been in there so don't know about the rooms.

Also I'm unfamiliar with the one across from Sai Massage - memory cells degenerating - nor can I recall even the one in the side soi. But it's good to have the info; I can try those. I really enjoyed being a Howard's distance from Sunee. So somewhere about that close is where I'd like to be next time in November.

I think this is the one down on the first side soi to the right when you come out of Lower Soi Sunee and turn left.

http://www.soidb.com/pattaya/hotel/new-paradise-inn.html

http://www.pattayaone.com/Newparadise.html

Here are some more options near to Sunee. I have looked at the El Dorado rooms before and they looked acceptable to me. The Marina Inn has some that are decent and some that are barely inhabitable by my standards and I'm not even the pickiest guy you'll find when it comes to rooms. I've heard the rooms above Po Pot Restaurant are nice.

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/sunee-plaza/hotels-sp/

http://www.sanaiapartments.info/

The one across from Sai Massage I still cannot recall the name.

Ken W, Another place you may want to consider is Yensabai Mansion A+B. It's on Soi VC just past Famous, on the corner of the next soi to the right. I've stayed there before and it is clean and reasonably priced. Also has an elevator. Or, "lift" in limey speak :biggrin:

http://www.yensabaipattaya.com/mansionab.html

Down on the corner of Soi Yensabai is also Yensabai Mansion C. It's ok too, but no elevator.

• Upvote 1

Ken, I think you'd like TwoGuys.

It's a small place, they lock up early and give the front door key to guests.

http://www.twoguysguesthouse.info/

Next door to TwoGuys is the Kingfisher with a str8 Norwegian clientele, same layout.

Note the Small Rooms are really quite small.

3 minutes tops to Wan's for afternoon wine. BB could easily make it in 2.

I never suggested either of them to Ken because I'm under the impression he is no longer really young, and may prefer an elevator. If he were to get the top floor at Two Guys, which is best to avoid the street noise when in the larger front facing rooms, then he would have quite a climb to reach his room. IMO the back, smaller rooms. are really tiny for any extended stay. I stayed in the 2nd floor front room there and there is only about one hour at night that the street noise is bearable. The late night noise subsided about 2-3am and the early morning noise began about 4-5am it seemed to me. The early lock up thing they do at Two Guys, I personally found a little annoying when returning after hours and had to fumble with the key to get in the main door. If they had a card lock, you could just swipe quickly it would have been nicer. A lot of the older gentlemen appreciate the elevator such as Yensabai Mansion A+B, and Yensabai Condo. I believe Mansion A+B has a card lock to swipe now for the outer door too.

When I go back to Pattaya, the #1 place to stay I'd consider near to Sunee is #1, Sanai Apt which is approximately above Po Pot Restaurant, and #2 would be Eldorado Guesthouse. Though that may be too much in the heart of the action for some folks.

For anything like a 6 month stay or longer, Yensabai A+B is really hard to beat for location, quality and price. Also, puts you just outside the action so if you want to avoid Sunee some nights, you can go out and about without the Sunee boys seeing you so easily, if that would be of importance.

• Upvote 2

I never suggested either of them to Ken because I'm under the impression he is no longer really young, and may prefer an elevator. If he were to get the top floor at Two Guys, which is best to avoid the street noise when in the larger front facing rooms, then he would have quite a climb to reach his room. IMO the back, smaller rooms. are really tiny for any extended stay. I stayed in the 2nd floor front room there and there is only about one hour at night that the street noise is bearable. The late night noise subsided about 2-3am and the early morning noise began about 4-5am it seemed to me. The early lock up thing they do at Two Guys, I personally found a little annoying when returning after hours and had to fumble with the key to get in the main door. If they had a card lock, you could just swipe quickly it would have been nicer. A lot of the older gentlemen appreciate the elevator such as Yensabai Mansion A+B, and Yensabai Condo. I believe Mansion A+B has a card lock to swipe now for the outer door too.

When I go back to Pattaya, the #1 place to stay I'd consider near to Sunee is #1, Sanai Apt which is approximately above Po Pot Restaurant, and #2 would be Eldorado Guesthouse. Though that may be too much in the heart of the action for some folks.

For anything like a 6 month stay or longer, Yensabai A+B is really hard to beat for location, quality and price. Also, puts you just outside the action so if you want to avoid Sunee some nights, you can go out and about without the Sunee boys seeing you so easily, if that would be of importance.

For a 2 or 3 nights stay, what would you recommend in the area? I haven't been there yet and I'd like to bar-hop and explore the place. I prefer "Love Inns' type of no-tell-Motels but the closest I see to Sunee is Heaven's Land Resort and it appears to be a long walk from the main road and baht buses.

Any advice and tips are welcome,

D.

For a 2 or 3 nights stay, what would you recommend in the area? I haven't been there yet and I'd like to bar-hop and explore the place. I prefer "Love Inns' type of no-tell-Motels but the closest I see to Sunee is Heaven's Land Resort and it appears to be a long walk from the main road and baht buses.

Any advice and tips are welcome,

D.

Not exactly sure what you mean Dabbler. What is it about Heaven's Land that appeals to you?

But the location is a non-starter for most guys.

If you like discreet, Two Guys certainly is as there is no night time reception desk.

Not exactly sure what you mean Dabbler. What is it about Heaven's Land that appeals to you?

But the location is a non-starter for most guys.

If you like discreet, Two Guys certainly is as there is no night time reception desk.

Heaven's Land:is motel-type with decent rooms, own private entrance and decent prices in the ~600 baht range; also they usually have vacancy.. "Guesthouses" are not my type of venue, and my understanding on Two Guys is that it's not easy to get a room there in the first place. From their own web site:

Please Note: It pays to book early at Two Guys Guesthouse, Because!

1. There is a 50 B/ night discount if you book two months in advance (deposit required)

2. And we are Always fully booked well in advance from November to May.

I'm open, mind you; after all it's for a couple of days.