Walking Street Lady Causes Shame to Thailand On Facebook

Pdoggg

I guess if it wasn't on Facebook, what goes on in Sodom By The Sea would remain a closely guarded secret. :db:

Many Thai Facebook users Monday cried foul and condemned a female worker of a bar on the Pattaya walking street after she was captured on a camera performing oral sex for an Asian tourist. A user posted the photo and many joined in to attack the bar girl, saying she had caused shame to the country.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Facebook-uproar-against-Pattaya-bar-girl-30263358.html

with so many st rooms....what's the need of performing a blowjob in an open bar....i went once to a lb bar ( the closed anaconda... ) when i saw in the back of it a man performing a blowjob to a lb.....that was pretty disgusting.....

i still refuse the principle of what they call in brasil "o furor do sexo explicito"

for ex. it is a complete turn off when a lb comes to me and tells " i have big cock " especially when referring to it they show me half the arm.....( i know it is not true...)

• Upvote 1

The video going viral prompted the authorities to take action

Police investigated 808 Disco Club in Pattaya on 29 June 2015.

CHONBURI — Police have ordered a nightclub in the resort town of Pattaya to close down for ten days after a photo of a woman appearing to perform oral sex in the venue circulated on social media.

Calling the incident "shockingly" inappropriate and unlawful, police tracked down the club, named 808 Disco Club, on Pattaya’s Walking Street and interrogated the staff last night.

A security guard told police the photo was taken shortly before the club closed at around 3am on 29 June. He said the people in the photo, a Korean man and Thai woman, were both clients of the bar at the time, and were kicked out as soon as security staff noticed what they were doing.

Police said the club’s owners will not face legal action for the lewd act because their staff quickly expelled the couple. However, the club was ordered to shut down for ten days because police discovered that the management has not been keeping records of its employees, as is required by regulations.

Pol.Col. Sukthat Pumpanmuang, the superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, said officers are still working to track down the pair in the photo and charge them with public indecency, but added that there is no CCTV footage of the incident because the club's security camera was broken. 

Chakorn Kanchanawatta, an administrative official in Pattaya, which is one of the world's top destinations for sex tourism, said incident has brought "great shame" to the popular beach town.

"I will summon all entertainment establishment [owners] to acknowledge our policies to prevent such a thing from happening again," he said.

Although prostitution and sex shows are banned under Thai laws, both businesses operate openly in Pattaya other red-light districts in major cities around the country, and are mostly tolerated by authorities. 

In response to the 808 Disco Club incident, an official from Thailand’s Ministry of Social Development urged the government to set clear zones for adult entertainment in Pattaya, instead of turning blind eye to the trade. 

"I suggest we implement the regulation of exclusive zoning for lewd or sexual shows," said Somchai Charoenamnuaysuk, who directs the Ministry's Women and Families Department.

"For example, the Netherlands has zoning regulations. There's exclusive space for sexual shows, with restrictions on the age of the clients," he explained. "There's clear and appropriate for regulations, equipment, and laws specifically for tourism and service in those zones. It's an option for tourists. Anyone who doesn't want to see lewd and sexual shows doesn't have to visit those zones." 

However, Sanpetch Suphabowornsatient, the director of a hotel association, told Khaosod that the government should respond to the incident by "campaigning and educating people about the good culture and tradition" of Thailand.

"Right now, Thailand is trying to promote the Thai way of tourism, and Buddhist way of tourism," Sanpetch said. "Thailand is a Buddhist country, yet nowadays men and women express themselves in a way that causes damages to image of the country."

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1435645004

To me,it is a clear case of double moral and social hypocracy.Everything goes as long"the others"do not notice.All kinds of prostitution,including minors',young street boys offer themselves to tourists in bright day light,no problem.But publishing a photo of a blow job on the internet?that is an insult to the country's dignity!!!!!  where exactly is the shame?that the bj was performed or that the"others" came to know about it?If that is not double moral and hypocracy,what is?

• Upvote 3

DRAGNET

Pattaya Police have put out a dragnet on a hunt for a woman who damaged that coastal community’s pristine image with one photograph.

Long held by the public as an esteemed home of the virtuous and upright, Pattaya’s image was possibly forever soiled yesterday by a photograph of a woman on her knees giving a blowjob to an Asian tourist in the middle of a public bar on Pattaya's Walking Street.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/06/30/police-hunting-down-blowjob-bargirl

post-7348-0-05910700-1435723693_thumb.jp

Howard and more of his deadpan delivery ..

The CCTV in 808 was conveniently not working on that particular night.

:biggrin:

So it really should come as no surprise to anyone in Thailand that many women’s bodies have been, and still are, a commodity. But this last week it seems the nation was shocked by a moment of lewd candidness after a Thai sex worker in the city of Pattaya was caught on camera fellating her Korean John.

It’s commonly known, from Chiang Mai to Pattaya, that establishments breaking the prostitution law must pay heavy kick-backs to the local police. This is another of Thailand’s worst kept secrets. Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha has rhetorically stated time and again the need to address the moral fabric of the country.

But what of the economic fabric of the country? A large percentage of the country’s revenue comes from tourism, and billions of that money is spent on sex tourism. Cracking down on women doing their jobs, often focusing on the meager foreign part of the business enterprise, only hurts the people at the bottom of the food chain. Thailand needs prostitution, as things are, because a lot of people are reliant upon it.

Perhaps if a crackdown is deemed necessary, then it should not be a crackdown not on sexual morality, but on capitalist morality; a crackdown on the police cracking down; a crackdown on hypocrisy.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/133956/prostitution-thailands-worst-kept-secret/