Beauties and the Beats Ladyboys of Bangkok UK Tour Dates

From memory, I reckon if you have any Thai Baht you will be taking that along to tip also  :biggrin::drinks:

Funny thing is I forgot to take my spare Baht tonight as a tip and was gutted  :mad0235:

Anyone know any of these girls?

I wished I could have took a few of the girls home with me tonight, stunning  :Drooling:

From Manchester Evening News

The Lady Boys of Bangkok in Manchester: Review

Audiences in Manchester have been enjoying the glitz, glamour and raunchy japes of The Lady Boys of Bangkok for some 15 years now.

And those extraordinary showgirls (that aren't really girls) return for another season in the city, this time at a new location at Eastlands, rather fittingly next to Thai restaurant Vermilion.

Performing inside a big top pavilion, it's a cabaret setting where groups of pals are clearly in the mood for a party.

Revellers closest to the stage should also note it's a rather interactive performance, with many a chap pulled onto stage during the course of the show, rewarded with plenty of whoops and cheers from the audience.

Simon Pendrighlady-boyJPG.jpg

The stars of the show know their audience, and for this new Beauty and the Beats tour, it's a camp-as-Christmas romp through hit musical numbers, comedy moments and dance tunes from divas du jour like Rihanna and Jessie J.

Yes, the girls might be miming along, and the dance moves are not at times overly dexterous, but the Lady Boys are never less than captivating as performers.

They rattle through a dazzling array of scanty costumes, a highlight is their catwalk strut in homage to Victoria's Secret models, and later reaching a raunchy peak when they perform in bondage gear to Rihanna's S&M.

Punctuating the steamy tension with brilliant comedic interludes throughout is the ever-popular Ole and her dwarf sidekick Trevor Jones, who get lots of laughs for their Benny Hill-style japes and an hilarious run through Victoria Wood song The Ballad of Freda and Barry.

There's a colourful candy floss tribute to one of the biggest hits of the past year, Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass, and even an amusing three-minute montage of The Sound of Music's classic tunes.

Simon PendrighJS66587929.jpg

The show ends with a dazzling finale of Disney's Let it Go, complete with the Lady Boys as beautiful ice princesses and even a snowstorm.

There's a singalong encore that ensures no one leaves the pavilion without a smile on their face – and that's the true success of this glitzy, sequin-clad sparkler of a show.

**Shows until June 27, including a special performance in aid of Genesis Breast Cancer Charity on Saturday at 4.30pm.

post-136-0-72471100-1435493844_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scotland Yard is on the case.     Or do they only operate in England?

THE Lady Boys of Bangkok are used to having things pinched – but they didn’t expect their kilts to be snaffled.
Five custom-fitted kilts and sporrans were taken from the Thai performers’ marquee in Baxter Park, Dundee.

A spokesman said: “At first, the Lady Boys were totally bemused. Their question was – why?

“Nothing else was taken – only the kilts. Scotland has always been home to the Lady Boys. They’ve been coming for 17 years. They’re devastated that in Scotland, someone would do that. They just feel a bit sad that it would happen here.”

The Lady Boys planned to wear the kilts for the finale of their show, when they dance and sing along to Scottish songs, including Loch Lomond and I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers.

They had to draft in replacements when the kilts were stolen before the opening night of their Scottish tour on Friday.
The spokesman said: “Because of the choreography of the finale, the kilts have got to swing like kilts. They can’t use skirts or dresses.”

He added: “We just want our kilts back. They’re not much use to anyone else.”

Police confirmed they are investigating.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/lady-boys-bangkok-left-bemused-6010323

• 1 month later...