Sihanoukville Airport Upgrade

jeffs

Once plans for easy access are underway it sounds the death knell, the beginning of the end as we know it. The fact you had to go to Phnom Penh followed by a separate 4-hour bus ride kept the hoi-polloi at bay.

Same for Siem Reap and the Angkor Archaeological Park. I'm glad I spent time there before the hordes of tourists began arriving by the coach load, courtesy of the airport.

Same again for Krabi, Thailand. Regarded by me as one of the most beautiful and tranquil locations in Thailand I've ever visited, until the airport arrived. It was never the same again after it opened the door to mass tourism.

Selfish perspective perhaps, but it is a real shame.

Snooky, another paradise lost.

• Upvote 1

Snooky, another paradise lost.

Hopefully Victory Hill can remain unchanged as most tourists are going to Occheuteal Beach.

But even the mongers are moving to Occheuteal after the opening of the big beer bar complex down there.

IMO, Snooky is  avery dangerous airport with high winds and lots of rain.  But who knows, maybe safer than the roads in bad weather.

Hopefully Victory Hill can remain unchanged as most tourists are going to Occheuteal Beach.

But even the mongers are moving to Occheuteal after the opening of the big beer bar complex down there.

IMO, Snooky is avery dangerous airport with high winds and lots of rain. But who knows, maybe safer than the roads in bad weather.

Hey PD when did that beer bar complex open up and is there any LB presence to speak of?