When they call you a cheap Charlie...

Stroker

A few years ago during one of the Red/Yellow Shirts upheavals in Bangkok I brought a Thai gal down to Pattaya. Her business in Bangkok all but disappeared during that period of curfews and Sukhumvit shutdowns. She was desperate (or so she told me) and I felt sorry for her. So I told her to grab a bus and I would pay for it and take care of her for a week. She soon arrived. I fed her well for a week, bought her clothes and treated her like a queen. I even spent a small fortune on fixing her teeth and gave her a considerable amount for the time she spent with me. After it all she called me a "CC" because I would not buy her some silly over priced watch that caught her eye. At first I thought she was joking. She wasn't. I was stunned but a lesson was learned that day. 

• Upvote 2

I was chatting to a LB on TF she sent hot pics and said I am in BKK ,cool I thought so I lined her up to meet me

when I am there in Aug and then she hits me with "" you will pay for my train and boat ticket yes ", and I said ....

why a train and boat when you are in BKK and she says I am coming home from Koa Samui so you have to pay for me.

No I said and then I get hit with the C C

So looks like I will do the lounge Bar seen when I am in town. 

• Upvote 2

A few years ago, Phuket airport, going through immigration and officer had some little elephant sculptures on his counter. He took my passport, pointed at the elephants and said "300 baht, you buy" i said "no thanks, if i wanted one i would have bought the same thing in Chiang Mai for 150". He slammed the stamp in my passport, threw it at me and mumbled something to me in which i deciphered the words "farang and cheap charlie". He's was trying rip me off for something i didn't want and yet i was apparently the low life for not conforming.......Thai logic!

• Upvote 3

"so how did you feel and react?"

That it is almost a compliment, that I must be close to doing something right. As others have noted you get zero "respect" from them if you splash out, and you are almost taken for a fool is only good for the money.

It's MY money and MY holidays and as such I'll play it my way, being fair but not extravagant.

If on the other hand your a wealthy well paid guy and you want to splash it around on YOUR holiday, and that makes you feel good, then good on you. As always "up to you"! :drinks:

• Upvote 3

i just gave him a sly smirk and walked on without thinking too much more about it. I guess after a while you just become immune to the shit the locals deal out.

Don't get me wrong, there's lots of genuine people in the country, but i just work on the assumption that if i am within 100km's of a tourist area, particlarly areas where bars are the main attraction, then most, if not all locals i come in contact with have one goal in mind, and that is, to relieve me of as much baht as they can before i get on the big bird and fly away. Some do it with grace, style and a cheeky mischevious attitude, the others are just low cunts and not worth the steam off one of my farts to warm their rice.

• Upvote 1

Water off a duck's back  

Yes I'm in that mode now I couldn't care less .

I'm bored of explaining I'm on a budget , I have to work hard and save for a holiday , that I don't go out drinking every night at home , that I pay bills etc etc etc ...

They still give you that look that they know you come from the land of milk and honey .

• Upvote 1

?...she hits me with "" you will pay for my train and boat ticket yes ", and I said ....

why a train and boat when you are in BKK and she says I am coming home from Koa Samui so you have to pay for me.

No I said and then I get hit with the C C

Lucky you she didn't decide to travel business class on Bangkok Air...

• 5 weeks later...

I've been called every derogatory name in English, Thai and a few other languages.........

And sometimes just in sign language..........

But I ain't never been called a Cheap Charlie...........

Now I got a goal......................

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

Must find out where this place is located in bkk....what about if i take them for dinner there?

It's on Sukhumvit between Soi 25 and Soi 27 almost next door to the Radisson Blu Hotel. Close to Soi Cowboy. It gets good review on TripAdvisor.com  More than you ever really wanted to know. :biggrin:

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.7348779,100.5635567,3a,75y,66.97h,82.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjzfakf0kFYk7zj9x7uF6Ig!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

• Upvote 1

Got called this on my last trip but...........................................................................................................................it was just a joke by the LB I was with as she was taken care of properly! 

In fact we both joked about it many times and I even called myself that, for a laugh! :biggrin:

Fuckem' though if they do and are serious about it, it's your holiday and you should be able to spend how you like! They are just entertainment and nothing more! :biggrin: If you're smart! :rolleye0012:

• Upvote 2

Who cares if they call u a cc I just laugh and go spend my money somewhere else they way I see it I worked hard and I'll spend it how I like

If they don't like it they can fuck off and find a new farang to pay for them and we all know there's plenty of them in Thailand

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...