Ladyboy Water Volleyball (Non Event Related)

Patron

Help make the ladyboy event of the year a success by sponsoring a team. Patronize the bars who are sponsoring teams. These bars deserve your support.

or as you put it last year "Good times for those who do and bad times for those who do not" eh .  :wacko:

PM sent with link to the thread concerning the Audit.

This Forum does not, understandably, allow links to other competitive Forums.

Audit completed by an independent  Professor of accounting, and practicing CPA, from Australia. April 22nd

You can go to the link and read the full report.

Hope that helps.

I will not dowload the report for fear of accusations of editing so you need to access it directly.

Thanks - look forward to the continued support.

This year will be slightly different which is refreshing.

• Upvote 1

The first three posts in this thread were originally in the LBWVB thread started by Rossco.  That thread is for the promotion of the LBWVB event.  If you have comments about Ladyboy Water Volleyball which do not directly relate to the promotion of that event, they can be posted in this thread.  

Give it a fucking rest!!  I will spend my baht where and when I feel like it!!!!!  If the hottest babes and friendliest bars are sponsers thats where I will go.  If some other place is better value for my vacation baht, then thats where I will go.  Up to you??  NO!!

UP TO ME!!!!

• Upvote 5

In all fairness it's lot's of work. Everyone has the choice to where and how they spend thier $$$. The cause is great and all the best.

I had a chance once to acompany Rossco on a round arond the bars (only a few!) and i saw the effort that goes into organising the event....

All the best and wish the bars all the luck.

In all fairness, Tony has rejected offers of help in the past.

When I see an apology from him for causing the shit storm, only then will I consider supporting the cause. The ball is in his court.

Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying myself at the Cocco pool party.

When I see an apology from him for causing the shit storm,

I am more than a bit wee tipsy so forgive me sir if I don't understand you.  To whom should he apologize? To the orphans? To the ladyboys  for which he raised their status in the community?  To the PP BO who violated the Pattaya Party Protocol of 2013? Surely you know that only bars that participate in LBWBV are permitted to reap the rewards of parties during Volleyball Week.

To the PP BO who violated the Pattaya Party Protocol of 2013? Surely you know that only bars that participate in LBWBV are permitted to reap the rewards of parties during Volleyball Week.

Classic, absolute classic. So tell me mardhi, err patron, when did this rule come in to force??? That's a bit like say that only the shops around Old Trafford, who directly sponsor Manchester United, should be allowed to open on match days.

I am more than a bit wee tipsy so forgive me sir if I don't understand you.  To whom should he apologize? To the orphans?T To the ladyboys  for which he raised their status in the community?  To the PP BO who violated the Pattaya Party Protocol of 2013? Surely you know that only bars that participate in LBWBV are permitted to reap the rewards of parties during Volleyball Week.

And you wonder why a lot of people will avoid being in Pattaya during Volleyball week  

I am more than a bit wee tipsy so forgive me sir if I don't understand you. To whom should he apologize? To the orphans? To the ladyboys for which he raised their status in the community? To the PP BO who violated the Pattaya Party Protocol of 2013? Surely you know that only bars that participate in LBWBV are permitted to reap the rewards of parties during Volleyball Week.

Tony should apologize to those who witnessed and to those who may have been hurt by his tantrum. All he has to say is something like:

When several of the bars declined to participate in LBWVB 2015, I was deeply hurt, and said things that I shouldn't have. I am truly sorry for that, and the rift it caused on the forums.

Perhaps your recollection is impaired, but many of us remember what was written before the forum was hoovered. It's time for Tony to do the right thing.

Perhaps you should apologize for behaving like a Troll for trying to undermine the only Charity project involving Lady Boys.

If that is your sole objective you should apologize to the world at large.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

The event is about Charity and NOT a Bar Owners Benevolent fund.
I hope that you appreciate the distinct difference?

Enjoy your party but please do not pretend it is helping any Charity.

If you support commerce, above charity, that is up to you and speaks volumes about your mission.

3 previous participants chose not to participate in 2015.
That was their independent choice.

Their 'suggestions' have been posted
The terms of participation, following their 'suggestions' have been posted.

Have you read them?

There was no 'tantrum' just a statement of fact.
3 Bars failed to force their personal conditions on to a Charity event.

The suggestions were on reducing participant cost/commitment to the detriment of funds raised.
What about the 6 teams who did agree to participate?
No mention - so your loyalty is to the 3 bars - yes?

An independent team are participating, giving their time and effort, when there is no profit to a bar.

You should apologize to all of these.

Are you also aware that most bar owners did not even know each other before the Volley Ball event.
Have you any idea how much indirect 'benefit' the bars receive? Publicity and custom.

The event is about Charity.

Participants do not 'own' the event.
That would be a conflict of interest. Commerce vs Charity.
Do Manchester United/Liverpool own the Premier League?
Do Ferrari/Mercedes own Formula 1?

If you have your head so far up 'where the sun does not shine' then that is your personal choice.

Many people (a silent majority) support the event and its objectives:

Raising money for Thai charities in need.
Promote Lady Boys in a favourable way.

How many other Events give positive media headlines to LB's?

• 2,250,000 Baht was given to Charity over 3 years. This year may see total 3,000,000.
  • Costs minimized to about 15% of gross raised - no sundries/miscellaneous expense.
  • Every contribution acknowledged. The accounts are at transactional detail
  • Benefiting Charity demonstrating how the money is used

If your preferences clash with this then that is pettiness spurned by some kind of perverse loyalty.

Just go put 1 Pound in the Oxfam box and feel good - about 10 to 20 pence will get to Charity.
Have you looked at the charities who benefit?
Do you know which will benefit this year?

http://lbwvb.com  - select 2015. Perhaps also look at 'Charity', 'Sponsors'.

Many people, that help, would not do so UNLESS it was Charity focus.
Personally I would not bother unless it was for Charity. My time and my dime.
If I ran a commercial event would the bars pay my salary?

The rest of the year is for all those self indulgent parties (commerce). 1 day a year to do some good.

Are you aware in 2015:

• 250,000 is Business sponsorship - if not Charity then not contributed.

In addition there are undeclared costs:

• 120,000 is in Professional services given freely - if not Charity then not contributed.
  • 148,000 is in Gifts and Auction/Raffle items - if not Charity then not contributed.
  • Hotel discounting drinks by 25%+. A beer costs 60 baht when a bar averages 80+

Of course you are not aware. Your personal loyalty rests elsewhere.

These costs, if not for Charity, would need to be paid for.

You clearly demonstrate no interest in how it has been successful nor who helps and supports.

Are you with me so far?

That 600,000+ would not be available UNLESS a Charity event.
That is why there are no Salaries paid, No Travel costs (30,000) etc.

These amounts will appear, for the first time, in 2015 accounts but discounted 100%, recognizing the contribution of unsung heroes to which you have not been a part.

Independent audit has been performed as per a Forum request - did you actually read it?
Legal questions answered re FPO and NGO. It appears that that was not enough.
What else do you want?
What will you contribute?

Understood?

So what is your objection?

Please clarify as I am very confused about your demand for an apology.

Any apology due should be to supporting Family and Friends and to the Charities who do not benefit.

May I suggest that you apologize for trying to undermine a respectable effort, by many positive people, who ask for nothing in return, to make a difference. All freely given without veiled demands.

Enjoy your next short time.
Short and your time.
What a contribution.

I also suggest you try to find something positive to do with your time.

Are we clear now?

All necessary rational thought, intelligence and common sense appears to have escaped....

Rossco,

Your obfuscation changes nothing.

The bars declined to participate, and wished you the best of luck.

Had you a single PR bone in your body, you would have thanked the bars for their previous participation, and expressed hope that they would participate again in the future. But that's not what you did. Instead, you sought to drive a wedge between the bars and the charity. You continue to do that to this very day with your post above as evidence.

Make no mistake about this; as much as you don't want it to be, this is all about you, your integrity, and the integrity of your charity. If you can't do the right thing now, why should anyone think you'll do the right thing in the future?

We all know you were hurt when the bars declined to participate, and that's why you behaved as you did. It's not that difficult for the average BM to understand. The important thing is that people shouldn't continue to think poorly of you because of it. A simple apology as suggested above would go a long way mending the ill will caused by what happened in the recent past.

Apologize to the bars and BMs for your comments, explicitly thank the bars and BMs for their participation and support in the past, and express your hope that they will do so again in the future.

That's how you do it. Easy peasy.

jerrysingapore I think you are lover-reacting and a wee bit too sensitive. I am sure Mr. Duke meant no slight or harm whatsoever. My guess is he was just trying to be funny at Tony/Rossco/Streetwaker's expense and not yours. 

Please do not let this innocent incident deter you from posting or continuing to be a member of the forum. It's a good place with a lot of good people. And I sincerely hope you have the opportunity to meet them some day.

Stick around. 

• Upvote 1

I don't understand that response.

I have not met anyone from the forum, so how would I know?

And after all this bullshit, I don't really want to know anyone

FFS!!!!!

I actually misread your post Jerry  "For those of us who don't have a fucking clue who is who, is Roscco = Streetwalker = Tony???  by missing out the "is" thinking you were quoting and not asking, my bad for that and as Siam Sam has said my reply was meant as a wee joke, hope that clears that up

• Upvote 1

I don't understand that response.

I have not met anyone from the forum, so how would I know?

And after all this bullshit, I don't really want to know anyone

FFS!!!!!

This is a extremely bizarre thread...One to probably to stay away from unless you know the players or perhaps if you know the players....I know some of the posters here...others I don't know and like you I have no desire to know......

However,  I can assure you that Khun Duke is truly one of the good guys on this or any other forum.......And you would be doing yourself a great disservice by not meeting him one day.....A true gent.........

• Upvote 3