JaiDee

The next American president. If only.

10 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

But the problem is that as an ex-President he has lifetime Secret Service protection so he won't be raped in prison.  :moil:

Ah that explains it.  I passed by Bill Clinton in Dublin last year and there was a small cohort of guys around him as he strolled along.

Bernie's campaign slogan is Not Me. Us

The campaign had a volunteer organizing kickoff with 5000 house parties this weekend. There is a new organizing app called Bern which gives lots of control to volunteers.  This volunteer based approach is all about building a movement not just running a campaign.  There probably will be some hiccups and I'm sure he will be attacked by those citing privacy concerns but seems just to be a better decentralized means of organizing.

meus.png 

If using Booking.com or Agoda please help support LBR and use our links.

Click Here For The Pattaya Hotel Guide and our Links

Alfred E Neuman joins Crazy Bernie, Pocahontas (also known as Goofy), and Sleepy Creepy Joe.  Mayor Pete has arrived as a serious candidate as he now has an official Trump nickname, Alfred E Neuman!

neu2.png

President Donald Trump dismissed Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg on Friday in a single sentence.

“Alfred E. Neuman cannot become president of the United States,” the president told POLITICO in a 15-minute telephone interview, when asked what he thought of the South Bend, Ind., mayor. Neuman’s freckled, gap-toothed face and oversized ears have for decades graced the cover of the humor magazine Mad.

Buttigieg, the first openly gay major presidential candidate, has rocketed up the ranks of Democrats hoping to defeat Trump in 2020 and has basked in glowing press coverage and magazine cover stories in recent weeks.

Asked about Trump's put-down by POLITICO in San Francisco on Friday, the 37-year-old Buttigieg professed ignorance about the comic book character, whose fame peaked more than 20 years ago, while making a veiled reference to the 72-year-old Trump's seniority.

"I’ll be honest. I had to Google that," he said. "I guess it’s just a generational thing. I didn’t get the reference. It's kind of funny, I guess. But he’s also the president of the United States and I’m surprised he’s not spending more time trying to salvage this China deal." 

neu.jpeg

neu3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

This from yesterday

Ben got dicked :biggrin:

• Like 1

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

The first Democrat debates of 2020 are now history.  20 candidates over two nights.  The breakout moment was Kamala Harris ripping Uncle Joe a new one.  I don't like either of them but this exchange has certainly helped Harris and hurt Biden.

I said it from the jump, Sleepy joe doesnt have a chance.  he is a total gaffe machine.  the way the Demoscratic Party is going he is waaaay too far to the right of the party.  I think some of the shine has come off bernie because years ago he was an outsider and his views were outside the main.  Now the other dimwits cannot rush to his left fast enough.

All the big names are for reparations and for total health care/coverage ('Free" but it aint free) for illegals.  Its total pandering and sickening.

22 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

health care/coverage ('Free" but it aint free) 

Of course there is a cost for medical services. The objective is to cover everyone including people with pre-existing conditions while  also increasing quality but reducing the overall cost.

My understanding is that Medicare has approx 2% overhead expense while private insurance has a 15% profit margin.  Other expenses such as bloated executive compensation and lobbying expenses would also be eliminated..  There is also a strong incentive for private insurance companies to deny claims. The last thing sick people need is the stress of dealing with insurance companies.

The big picture is that IMO medical care is a right not a privilege and most of Western Europe is able to provide health care for all. If they can do it why can't the USA?

That said, Medicare For All won't benefit me.  It will be Medicare For All Except Me as I would not be reimbursed for medical expenses outside the USA.

Btw, Bernie is quite explicit in saying he opposes cash payments for reparations. Other candidates are being weasels by saying things like they will appoint a presidential commission to look into it.

Creepy Joe has a history of failing in primaries and I think will happen again this year.

The media seems to love saying that Bernie isn't doing well but he's in 2nd place in the polls and tops in raising money.  Other candidates are taking Bernie's 2016 positions but who knows if they really mean what they say..   Elizabeth Warren might be able to peel away some of Bernie's support especially among women.   

I don’t know how anyone can watch that nonsense. Your time would be better spent watching angry monkeys throw shit at each other. It is a fucking puppet show. Makes no difference which corporate tool gets installed as prez of the land of fat and stupid. The imperial perpetual war machine will roll on regardless because Merika. Industrial scale mass murder for profit is the Merikan way, always has been. This will not change until the empire collapses.