Laos Vientiane

ratten

During an extended stay in Thailand back in 1999, when I first traveled overland to Vientiane for a month and a visa run, I just went. No internet forum back then to hold my hand. Just the adventure.

Looked at a map. Found out where to get a bus from in Bangkok. Stayed at Nong Khai for a few nights. Then over the Friendship Bridge and a taxi to the capital on the other side. If someone had given me a step-by-step guide perhaps I could have refined things and saved a little time or money somewhere. But the experience wouldn't have been the same and it would have been far less memorable.

Just go and do it and then give the forum an updated view on what you did and how you did it after you've done it. Providing you want to share your experience for the benefit of the non-adventurous, of course.

My information will be so out of date by now, plus you don't really need it.

I just got back from Vientianne, i went a few times to bar pen yang, wich was a good atmosphere, but not so many girls or lb inside!

When i went back to my hotel around midnight, there where many lb on the street on their motorbikes, many of them where very (to) pushy and even anoying!

One was quit sweet and i took her to my room for a st, we had one hell of a hot hour, this one was really very nice, only she did not have boobs!

Also the second night something simmular happened with another (very beatyfull face) lb, but also she did not have boobs!

Conclusion, if you like lb and you don't mind them not having boobies, you can find your thing here for sure, for the rest it is a not so nice place, whit only very little things to do in the day time and only a couple of drinking places in the night time!

• Upvote 3

My hotel was the new Lao Paris hotel, it is just behind the big fountainsquare! It is a very simple hotel for only 600thb per night!

The people where nice, but the hotel is very old! Absolutely no problem to bring guests inside!

The lb charged 1600thb and the second only 1000thb! so you can negotiate for sure!

• Upvote 1

I just got back from Vientianne

There you go, that's the way to do it   :biggrin:

How did you get there in the end?

A bus to Nong Khai, tuk-tuk to Friendship Bridge, bus over and taxi on the other side .. Or did you just fly?

..  if you like lb and you don't mind them not having boobies, you can find your thing here for sure

Plenty here like them without boobies, myself included. No harm in that   :happy0148:

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/28/2015 at 1:05 PM, ratten said:

My hotel was the new Lao Paris hotel, it is just behind the big fountainsquare! It is a very simple hotel for only 600thb per night!

A buddy of mine is going to Vientiane and Luang Prabang.

Any hotel recommendations in either place appreciated.

He doesn't have a specific budget but around 1000 baht per night would be good.