Charades/ Cascades

Tomcat

Wow they fucked that place up pretty quickly

Maximum Ladyboys allowed now is 40... someone mentioned maybe reduced further even down to 20. It seems the new Boss made some changes..maybe someone else has info on what happened

Maybe the PI is for me now

RIP Bangkok

• Upvote 1

it seems that since January there has been a change of management but chattering to other bar staff in other bars  no one can give me an answer as to the reduction

All i can think of is that with 120 LBs on the payroll the wages needed to be cropped as i understand the LBs get some kind of a monthly payment

I was hoping it might be  a Songkran lull due to LBs go back home for Holiday  .... im here for a few days and so ill report back on more news if there is any

• Upvote 1

There is a post on another forum that the group that owns several bars in Nana including Charades needs to cut costs. They kept the top 40 earners in Charades and let the others go. I would guess it might be slim pickings late in the evening at least on the weekend. But it will be a long time before I get back to BKK to check it out.  

• Upvote 1

seems to be more in tonight... maybe he packs it out fridays with staff and then sheds them off on Sunday..

I think we need to keep monitoring the situation. I doubt if we will get back to the good ol days ,, i think we counted 120 one night last year

I was in there on Monday night 13th and it was deadly quiet , maybe 15 lbs and very few customers .

To be fair Songkran was in full flow and I'm sure this affected things .

Some clown had chucked a full bucket of icy cold water over me on Sukumvitt , add that to the cold aircon so I was feeling less than comfortable and only stayed for one drink .

Quite a few Bangkok ladyboys told me of big changes there and none believed they were for the better , the general consensus was the new owner wasn't too keen on our third gendered friends .

Weird to buy a labyboy bar when you're not too keen on our third gendered friends. 

Just a guess but figure that Charades came in a package deal of bars if they were sold. The post I read suggested that all the groups bars were under going cost cutting. But that is all second hand info. It will be interesting to see what happens to Charades in the future. IMO the only reason to pay the high booze prices at Charades and Obsession was it was a candy store of many LBs. Perhaps the bars will be priced out of business by the ever rising lease prices?  

Its all pretty dark in the far corner downstairs with Voodoo closed but Obsessions is always busy but full of Divas .  Casanova has improved and Temptations has a full house now with a nice selection

Im here for two more days i think so ill update on Cascades later

Who knows they might go the same route as Horny bar soi 6 , last year when I was there all LBS this year now all GGs and no LBs anymore

Horny Bar might be a special case as the guys who run Pattaya Addixts and their mates have been buying up bars on Soi Half A Dozen.

They are changing the face of Soi Half A Dozen into bars open to the street that are clubhouses for forum members especially west of So What Bar.

I think it would be a shame if all the closed door bars became open air.

Horny Bar might be a special case as the guys who run Pattaya Addixts and their mates have been buying up bars on Soi Half A Dozen.

They are changing the face of Soi Half A Dozen into bars open to the street that are clubhouses for forum members especially west of So What Bar.

I think it would be a shame if all the closed door bars became open air.

I totally agree isn't the closed bar front what soi 6 is all about

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
14 hours ago, mentalprblms said:

Is it possible in Charades to take a LB to a room somewhere at the location? I prefer not to take her to the hotel since I'll have family around :-)

How does it work and what does it cost? Is the room clean? How long can I stay there?

There are at least three ST hotels in Nana Plaza. Just tell your date and you will be in a room in two minutes. 300-350 baht I think maybe 400. It's been two years since I used one.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

the only time I used one I stepped inside and right onto a condom on the floor. Carpet was nasty, stiff, funky, you'd want to wear footwear the whole time. NO toilet OR sink. Nasty beyond belief. True seedy experience. Only once, never again. Go down the street to White Orchid or something.

• 3 years later...

Charades / Cascades closed in late 2018. In its place is now a GG gogo bar called "Geisha", supposedly owned by a Taiwanese guy.

These pictures from today, apparently shot before official opening time, show how the bar looks now:

122007929_1599454133786441_2130724748376

122225499_1599466390451882_8427048797405842139_o.thumb.jpg.6e6cb2c0e44a8ca2845620a99fc94ac4.jpg

Seems to me as if they had an event where the girls could bring their kids....

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011656080032

122525602_3448043558619387_2267735329902750437_o.thumb.jpg.e6bf186ce858ba8c958185e048da72cf.jpg

Source: 

https://www.facebook.com/nubee.bee.923

Edited by Papa Sam
  • Like 1