Bangkok or Pattaya ?

globetrotter

Just curious where you gents prefer to monger and hang out in general, I was in Pattaya for about a month and quite frankly got a bit sick of it near the end but now in Bkk and find myself really missing the place , I had forgotten how much more expensive BKk is , was at Nana plaza last night and it just didn't do it for me, so anyways my vote is for Pattaya for value and the compactness of the scene

• Upvote 1

Funny I met a GG in Bkk last year and we went to Khao San rd the other night , I hadn't been there at night since I was a backpacker staying there almost 20 years ago and I couldn't believe the energy of the place the bars were totally pumping and spilling out into the street it was amazing , never seen anything quite like it in Pattaya

A few years I would stay in Bangkok for at least 2 or 3 days of my trip, nowadays it has nothing to lure me there and I have no desire to visit (unless it is to meet up with mates),

So PAT-TA-YA and their bars win hands down pour moi :hi: , its a bloody lot cheaper too considering the exchange rates at the mo :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

A few years I would stay in Bangkok for at least 2 or 3 days of my trip, nowadays it has nothing to lure me there and I have no desire to visit (unless it is to meet up with mates),

So PAT-TA-YA and their bars win hands down pour moi :hi: , its a bloody lot cheaper too considering the exchange rates at the mo :biggrin:

Same same.... -_-

Same here for me  :drinks:

• Upvote 1

Well my plans are leaving from the UK on the 18th April and fly into Bangkok for 2 nights then to Pattaya for 6 nights. Suits me and I have had the same routine last few trips.

My work means I can never really have the chance to stay longer but I do manage 3 or 4 trips a year at least

• Upvote 1

Another thing I notice is that Pattaya for the most part lacks the "superstar" attitude that is pervasive at places like Nana in Bkk, which is a great relief

I very much agree. The last time I was in CIB, Bee quoted me 4k!! I had to check in the mirror to confirm that I was still handsome man! Decided to leave it at that and headed down to Darkside with some lovely ladies and better pricing!
  • Upvote 3

Would Tar be one of those "mates" Duke ?

• 3 weeks later...

I too used to like a rumage around BKK and enjoyed Nana, Guess and a few other places,  but traffic, Nigerians, Hotel prices and quoted prices from the girls stopped any plans to visit again. Just not enjoyable for the out lay.

Now Pattaya has it's faults but I like the freedom to roam and scooter about easily having so many options of where to go. I dont drink so the scooter is perfect.

The shear volume of talent there about is staggering and priced right too

• Upvote 3

and Phuket???? anyone been there? how is it? just realize that emirates flight to Phuket direct...would like to have a look....

I'm glad I went  to Phuket but after going to Bangkok and Pattaya I don't think I will spend a holiday  in Phuket again.  There is so little there when compared to the others and its not as good on my wallet.

Bangkok for a few days then Pattaya  for as long as I can    :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Pattaya

The shear volume of talent there about is staggering and priced right too

If you're on a budget, Pattaya certainly wins.

The whole town is one big whorehouse.

But if your a business man in town for a a couple days Sukhumvit Soi 4 has six dedicated pre-op ladyboy venues so it's quick and easy.

Only if you're talking about its proximity to other sex tourist destinations

Because you only have to glance out of the airplane window when approaching or leaving this magnificent island to appreciate the natural wonders close by.

Yes I guess thats what I was referring to, oh Lord look what I have become

• Upvote 1