When you tell people you go to Thailand.

Stroker

It ranges from the question of why do you go to Thailand/like about Thailand all the way to watch out for Ladyboy.  I have to laugh when they say watch out for Ladyboys sometimes I say oh I will or depending on the company the thought goes through my mind.  I've gone that many times now I often tell people I'm going somewhere else.  

• Upvote 1

Guys are usually envious/interested. Women just think your a pervert even if they have never been themselves. No point in trying to change the minds of the prejudiced. Today I just say I'm going to Australia. What people don't know won't hurt them. No need to explain anything.

• Upvote 1

it seems that 50 % of the people i know in Italy...have been to Thailand...women included...and they all have enthusiastic comments about it.

i know also people that have been there on honeymoon.. ( when i was there i used to bite my hands...the most frequent comment from men )

i guess that  in italy is a common destination..especially in winter time when it is cold here

Then i guess that my sister in law has more than a suspect i have a lb special friend...as she has seen a pic with me and her....she made no comment but a silent smile on her face is telling me.." i know "....since then she is treating me better then ever..always asking me " how is your girlfriend? "

i guess going to Thailand is pretty normal.....

• Upvote 2

I used to be very "cloak and dagger" about trips to Thailand, inventing stories about other destinations but theses days I'm much more open about Thailand as some where I like to holiday, although I also travel to other long haul countries at least once a year.

But when quizzed about which part of the Kingdom, I tend to nominate Phuket over Pattaya.

MEn respond differently to women,men usually say "lucky sod" or some such thing...women rarely say anything,but give you the look as if to say"perv".....i tend only to tell men now,that i go to thailand....i told one woman last year before i set off that i was going to Florida for 5 months.....

Twice in the past few months I've heard the word "stigma" used when talking about Thailand.  Both times it was said by a cocaine-snorting, adulterous, prostitute-shagger.  The hypocrisy seemed not to register with either of them.  As long as no one is aware of their infidelities it is, morally, acceptable behaviour.  But to go to Thailand!...tsk,tsk,tsk. 

I blame that attitude on the grinding boredom of suburbia.  I pity the cunts really.

• Upvote 2

Twice in the past few months I've heard the word "stigma" used when talking about Thailand.  Both times it was said by a cocaine-snorting, adulterous, prostitute-shagger.  The hypocrisy seemed not to register with either of them.  As long as no one is aware of their infidelities it is, morally, acceptable behaviour.  But to go to Thailand!...tsk,tsk,tsk. 

I blame that attitude on the grinding boredom of suburbia.  I pity the cunts really.

Funny that redrock, I get fun poked at me by guys in my local everytime Im about to go too or have just got back from Thailand with the usual "how many ladyboysblokes are you going too/did you fuck?" question

These are the same people who have a sexless relationship with their wives/girlfriends, dont have a girlfriend, never go on a holiday, snort the white stuff up their noses most days at £40 (a bag) and are just happy getting"pissed up" in the boozer

I do take it as "banter" as they are all clueless and have never or ever will experience Thailand in their lives

To be fair the girls dont take the piss and are very interested of hearing my stories of the beaches in the LOS and the Philippines, in fact a couple ask to come with me :biggrin:

So So glad I went on that Far East tour back in 2001 B)

• Upvote 1

Nobody has ever bought my stories of going to Thailand for the climate; the food; the culture; the affordability; the sight-seeing; etc. Perhaps because it is all lies. I don't mean to be dishonest but I find it difficult to tell people I go there to suck cock mostly.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Nobody has ever bought my stories of going to Thailand for the climate; the food; the culture; the affordability; the sight-seeing; etc. Perhaps because it is all lies. I don't mean to be dishonest but I find it difficult to tell people I go there to suck cock mostly.

I have to say that I did admit to a few punters (and the word spread) many years ago that I had shagged a couple of ladyboys but that I had never sucked a cock in my life nor got nailed in my rear door and had strictly been into Thai or Pinay GG's ever since

For some reason they dont seem to believe me :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Back in the last decade there seemed to be little awareness of the ways of Thailand in the US. I seldom got any questions about things I might not want to talk about. And many were impressed that I visited this "strange land".  But I suppose the Hangover movie in Thailand and other media broadcasts have raised awareness. I only go for one long trip in the winter so I use the weather as an excuse. If pressed about prostitution/etc I suggest that many a lass would like to bag a US husband making it sound easy to meet a normal woman that is just a bit of a gold digger. :biggrin:   My closer friends, even the women, mostly know the score and are OK with it all. Of course they all think I am interested in GGs.   

• Upvote 1

I go twice a year apart from the ladyboys ,I love the food the Thai people and the culture .

There are many things to see in Thailand and every visit I go to a new part of the country .

My customers back home ask me why I go and that is the answer apart from the Ladyboy bit    

• Upvote 1

I tried to use a cover story years ago, but it backfired on me.  I now just tell people I'm heading to Thailand and deal with whatever comes my way.  While there is still the occasional twat at work that wants to give me sh*t, most don't say a thing.  Those that have known me for years just say "Again?  When are you going to try someplace else?" 

I usually respond to the "Why Thailand?" with -  I can live for two weeks in Thailand for the same price as one week in Mexico or the Caribbean.  Plus I love Asia, the culture, the food, the cities, the beaches....blah, blah.  I ramble on ad nauseum till they are sorry they asked. :biggrin:

These days my trips rarely get talked about with My family and friends.  I don't think they really want to know what I get up to and prefer to let the veneer of tourism stay in place. There is always an awkward moment when I tell them I'm heading back.  That silent disapproval which speaks volumes. Who knows what they really say behind my back.  But there did seem to be a sense of relief when I told them I was visiting Angkor this year.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

But when quizzed about which part of the Kingdom, I tend to nominate Phuket over Pattaya.

I am the same I'll say anywhere except Pattaya.  If the person knows Thailand I tell them Hua Hin and if they just know about Los I say Jomtien and fudge it if they want to know more about it.

I am the same I'll say anywhere except Pattaya.  If the person knows Thailand I tell them Hua Hin and if they just know about Los I say Jomtien and fudge it if they want to know more about it.

I usually say Hua Hin. Leaving most of them dazed and confused as they have no knowledge of Hua Hin.

I definitely don't mention Pattaya either.  And even though I've never been, I also use Hua Hin as my destination, as xyzzy mentioned I get that dazed looked.  But people seem to want to do a Google search on where I'm going, which can still lead to some interesting results if they are just a wee bit interested.  I might need to switch to Jomtien as well. :biggrin:

Sometimes they also want to know about the hotel I'm staying in, which can be tricky too..I usually tell them I look around for a place to stay once I arrive.

I'm starting to realize I create more of a back story than I thought.  After all these years the lies seem pretty normal to me.

• Upvote 1

I also take a pile of photos of buildings and cultural stuff so if I  am quizzed I say want to see the happy snaps and

most people say no its ok.

That works all the time. but who cares every one has a Darkside ,( no advertising intended but a cool place just the same.)  

• Upvote 1

The straight expat guys I drink with here all have VNese wives or girlfriends. So they assume that I - like them - go to Thailand to fuck some bar girls, ie get a change from the wife or GF or Saigon scene.

I would lose friends if they ever found out I was a raging cock sucking faggot who loves being in Sunee Plaza. As you are all aware, homophobia is alive & well in the expat world.

(Not one expat friend here knows I go with VNese LBs whenever I get the chance.)

A few VNese women have disparagingly snarled upon my various returns that I must have a Thai girlfriend. Or Cambodian. Makes me laugh.

• Upvote 2

In the US I don't think there is necessarily that much instant association of "Thailand" with "sex with bargirls", let alone with ladyboys.  The work and social demographic I'm in would more likely associate Thailand with Ankor Wat, exotic cuisine, etc.  Also, several other factors come into play.

First, most of my trips to LOS are a few days to a week at a time on the front and rear ends of business travel to other countries in the region, so those stays go unnoticed unless I bring them up. 

Second, many colleagues in my office have likes for particular places that their particular assignments take them through.  For example, one guy is married to a German woman so he typically takes the European route to spend time with her and in-laws, etc.  Since its pretty much the same distance and airfare to get to the other side of the world from the eastern US there is no particular interest in anybody's particular routing. 

Third, with respect to ladyboys, that issue never comes up - everyone in my work and social sphere knows the basics of my life, that I was married twice, have been happily single for a long time, have no children and have no interest in starting a family at this point.  I have also at times shown up at social functions with a date (I still like women!) so that deflects the whole sexual orientation thing a good bit.  A few times someone has inquired with a wink and a nudge about how beautiful Thai women are, and I just reply with a wink and a nudge that some certainly are.  Of course, I don't elaborate on who those "some" might be, however!  lol

Fourth, everyone knows I learned to SCUBA dive in Thailand many years ago and really enjoy it, so spending time in Phuket a couple of times a year isn't given a second glance.

So, it really depends upon your circumstances as to whether or not anyone in your home life even takes any notice of your being in Thailand, let alone running amok with ladyboys.

• Upvote 5

I ain't smart enough to think of telling them anything but the truth.......

Whatever they want to think I am doing, I don't give a rat's ass........

And how many of the married guys want to tag along?  All  of them.........

I have shown them face shots on my phone of some of the ladies (pretty boys)...They all start drooling.........

• Upvote 2

I would lose friends if they ever found out I was a raging cock sucking faggot who loves being in Sunee Plaza. As you are all aware, homophobia is alive & well in the expat world.

Hope i not being too presumptuous here Ken but are they really true friends if that is the case.

All my friends know what i do and not one has changed  their attitude towards me. In fact its actually a talking point with many lighthearted moments .

Cheers DK

• Upvote 1