How many LBs?

KenW

I think I have an interesting question. For sure it is for me.

We'll see if it is for anyone else.

To get near answers I need help from old lags, old Thai hands, local expats on the ground.

I want to start with soi 6, Pattaya.

Then expand outwards (to the world, ha!).

Now in my short visits to Sodom by Sea, and given Lucky Love's recent closure to LBs, I am aware of LB bars in soi 6 as follows:

So What; Spider Girl; Hi Boss; Pook Swan; Butterfly; Soho; Full Moon; Red Light.

No doubt there are more.

I could venture a start by wildly guessing 10 LBs on average in each bar, so about eighty LBs for soi 6.

No doubt those in the know will correct my foolish neglect of all sorts of other bars that have one or two or a few LBs, more correct numbers for certain bars, etc.

Please let me hear from you.

Tell me how many LBs work soi 6.

Looks like I started another rippingly uninteresting thread. :blush:

OK, I'll play it alone, I'm not unused to that.

Let's say my averages are OK, plus some more for LBs who play in places I don't know.

So the eighty I guesstimated plus, let's say, another 20.

So soi 6 can be said to have about 100 LBs working for pay.

Yes?

Hello! Anybody out there?

Looks like I started another rippingly uninteresting thread. :blush:

OK, I'll play it alone, I'm not unused to that.

Let's say my averages are OK, plus some more for LBs who play in places I don't know.

So the eighty I guesstimated plus, let's say, another 20.

So soi 6 can be said to have about 100 LBs working for pay.

Yes?

Hello! Anybody out there?

Those figures look about right Ken. I have not been to Soi 6 for a while now, so maybe someone on the ground could verify your estimates. So which way next, spread out from Soi 6 in all directions or head to the LB bars towards Walking street direction? Next stop along Beach road would be Sois 7 and 8 I assume in this survey.

Those figures look about right Ken. So which way next, spread out from Soi 6 in all directions or head to the LB bars towards Walking street direction? Next stop along Beach road would be Sois 7 and 8 I assume in this survey.

Thanx Vee.

Exactly right.

Let's consider the entire rectangle formed by Beach Rd, Second Rd, say soi 1 at one end (is there a soi 1?) and at the other end, where? Maybe soi 13/1. Are there any other ones worthwhile further on? 14?

So not counting soi 6, which has been considered, how many working LBs in that area? A few in soi 7 & 8, certainly a big bunch in 13/1, perhaps an odd freelancer on Beach Rd. Let's hear.

That's good Larry, thanks.

Now I turn to Walking St and what lays behind it, away from the beach, the bars, soi, the streets, Sunee and the like. Let's leave out straight gayboys so we don't offend some FMs, but include femboys in our LB count.

How many in that maze?

Let's leave out straight gayboys so we don't offend some FMs, but include femboys in our LB count.

In between femboys and straight gayboys, IMO there's another category, gay gayboys.

A femboy to me is someone quite cute such as Malt or Bol that many FMs would want.

A str8 gayboy (to me) is a guy who prefers girls and is just doing it for the money. This is a BIG complaint on Thai gay forums.

So that leaves a gay gayboy who I would define as one who prefers men but looks masculine.

The guy selling stuffed animals is a str8 non-gayboy but perhaps he has an animal fetish. :crazy:

Lots of ways to slice and dice these categories.

We're sort of digressing here..........now in between soi 7/8 and WS we have a big stretch that includes LaBamba, Strings, Obs, and lbs sprinkled in various bars. That's only the beach side of 2nd Road and we haven't evn counted north of Soi 6.

A str8 gayboy (to me) is a guy who prefers girls and is just doing it for the money.

We're sort of digressing here..........now in between soi 7/8 and WS we have a big stretch that includes LaBamba, Strings, Obs, and lbs sprinkled in various bars. That's only the beach side of 2nd Road and we haven't evn counted north of Soi 6.

"Straight gay boy" just sounded kinda funny to me...Two words juxtaposed...

In any event, to regress (is that a word)...you also gotta also include Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao...and maybe Soi Honey and Soi Made in Thailand, and Soi Coffee (or whatever it's called) and the complex where Coops is and Malibu and the entire Coconut Bar and Koyo isn't really on Walking Street and...well, the list is endless...

And north you gotta add in Drinking Street and the Cabaret complex next door and Soi 2 and 3 and up to Naklua...and all the little bars in between...

Maybe you need to hire a census taker...

I think it might be easier to start with some basic numbers.

Altogether there are 4,141 ladyboys in Pattaya, counted on my last trip.

.0001% live with PD

20% are in Billy 69 bedroom at any given time

15% are on short times

21% on long times

18% are searching for the remote

20% are having their hair done

12% are trying new shoes and handbags

90% are sleeping

Hope this helps

• Upvote 1