Best Fictional Bars

Pdoggg

Seasons 4 - about 8/9 were razor sharp but it's been on a big wane for over ten years now.

I agree. It went right off the boil & was heading to an inglorious demise.

However last season saw a renaissance with the most outrageous storylines & dialogue ever presented on the show. There are some episodes where I simply couldn't believe where the writers were going. 

If you haven't seen them I suggest the series is worth revisiting. Most of last season were among the best shows ever. Of course once I alerted friends to the revamped show the stories lagged a bit. Not too much but they didn't have the jaw-dropping effect of the earlier episodes. It has ever been thus....           :pardon:

The first few episodes of last season's The Simpsons were amazing. I don't know which shows exactly but the early ones I caught I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Political correctness was tossed out the window, the writers delved into areas I never thought I would see in any TV series.

Can anyone verify this? I would be surprised if no one else here saw these episodes. 

I basically just catch random reruns when I sit down to watch at my digital all-Simpsons venues, so I can't tell when they were produced. I can't be bothered to watch a specific show at a specific time anymore, that seems so 20th century... 

The Simpsons is one of the only shows to guarantee me a few genuine laughs at every sitting, a rare bird indeed so I do seek out its company.