Best Fictional Bars

Pdoggg

There was some discussion of Dino's Bar and Grill in the Irish Trivia thread that meandered into talk about Thin Lizzy and who are the "Boys" in "The Boys Are Back In Town"  Don't think those boys were from Soi Sunee. 

Googling around to find if Dino's exists, some say it's in LA, I found a website listing the Top 50 Coolest Fictional Bars.  

Can anyone guess Number 1 and Number 2?

Any ideas for a name and a theme for your fictional Ladyboy Bar?

11. Dino's Bar and Grill        :sword:

post-7348-0-11491700-1426677200_thumb.jp

First Appeared: "The Boys Are Back in Town," Thin Lizzy (1976)
Notable Patrons: The Boys
Signature Drink: The Drink

Yes, until we gave this one another listen, we also thought that the only lyrics to

were "The boys are back in town.” Though their needs are simple, the boys at Dino's Bar and Grill are looking to have a good time. “Drink will flow and blood will spill”—this spot isn’t for the faint of heart, but if you go, it should be a good time causing big trouble. Guitar solo!

20. Bada Bing!   :bling:

post-7348-0-93240000-1426677213_thumb.jp

First Appeared: "46 Long," The Sopranos (1999)
Notable Patrons: Tony Soprano, Ralph Cifaretto, Paulie Walnuts
Signature Drink: Body shots of tequila

David Chase was right to choose "Bada Bing" as the name of the strip club owned by Silvio Dante on The Sopranos. Not only is it a nod to The Godfather, the serious mob film all other serious mob films aspire to, it is a vast improvement on Wiggles, which was the inspiration for the topless bar where the plans for so many whackings are laid. From Big Pussy to Richie Aprile, the deaths of all your favorite characters were plotted here, amidst the silicon and glitz. The perfect training ground for a boss.

21. Cheers    :drinks:

post-7348-0-44239500-1426677230_thumb.jp

First Appeared: "Give Me a Ring Sometime," Cheers (1982)
Notable Patrons: Norm Peterson, Cliff Clavin, Frasier Crane, Lilith Sternin
Signature Drink: Carla's cocktails

Inevitably someone in your life will compare a relationship they have with a restaurant, or bar, or vending machine, as being like that of Norm and Cheers. It's an unavoidable fact of being alive that most likely stems from the fact that Cheers is nothing like a real bar at all. The bartenders never seem to do any real work.  No one ever vomits or becomes anything but hilariously eccentric after their ninth beer; and no tragedy ever makes its way into the bar except as plot fodder. Cheers is a pillowy purgatory, disembodied from the real pricks and pleasures of a real bar.

I pretty sure that Dino's does exist somewhere PD,  :hi:, I may have to buy one of these T-Shirts too  :biggrin:

The debate over the location of the Dino's Bar & Grill has rattled on for years. Phil Lynott always avoided giving it a location, saying the song was about guys anywhere in the world going out for a weekend pint and a fight. Years after Phil's death Scott Gorham said Dinos was named after Dean Martin's Sunset Strip joint of the same name. But Gorham was Californian so would most likely think in terms of LA; also Martin's place was certainly not somewhere that "blood would spill" and most importantly it wasn't written by Scot

post-136-0-12203500-1426680582_thumb.png

I guess if it's on the www & they said "coolest".... then my guess is they would choose the interplanetary bar in Star Wars.

My personal choice would be Donovan's Reef.

I thought the cantina would be in there.

My pick would be the Double Deuce from Road House. Gets a bit lively in there too!

I'll hazard a guess that one is Rick's Bar in Casablanca....           :party0005:

That's Number 2 Paccers!

2. Rick's Café Américain

post-7348-0-62308300-1426728785_thumb.jp

First Appeared: Casablanca (1942)

Notable Patrons: Elsa, Victor Laslo, Captain Renault, Nazi scum

Signature Drink: Champagne and Brandy

There's no telling how many people dreamt of opening a bar before Casablanca was made, but from the second "As Time Goes By" pours through Rick's Café Américain, lacquering a coat of glory over every surface, untold sentimentalists decided to get into the booze business. Rick's isn't just a bar with everyday patrons—the majority of the customers are facing decisions that will permanently alter the rest of their lives. Refugees from across the war-torn world wash up in Morocco, and Rick's is both the place to forget and face their troubles. In the end it becomes the backdrop for love, patriotism, and ultimate sacrifice. A legendary respite and gin joint for the most honorable of vagabonds.

I would say Cocktails and Dreams would be near the top. Of course there are several bars with this name now including our own in Patong.  There is one in surfers Paradise which I'm sure came after the movie and I believe the use the same logo in their signage.

post-1488-0-95878600-1426730962_thumb.jp

From the movie cocktail which was a box office hit, but ripped by the critics rightfully so.

• Upvote 1

I'm a grown-up & I watch cartoons...  good ones that is.

I've seen a few over the years, I'm damned if I can remember a bar in any of them. Shrek? Nope, don't think so. Up? Nope. Roger Rabbit? Possibly but I can't remember one. Wall-E? Nope. Wallace & Gromit? Surely not?

I don't watch cartoons on TV these days

Oh fuck............... MOE'S!!

I love the Simpsons, it's a great metaphor on life & anyone who doesn't get its appeal for adults can't be my friend. And I know a few people who think it is aimed at kids. They refuse to watch it or consider it adult entertainment.

I love the show but I assume Seven doesn't care for it much, I could never describe the bar where Homer, Barney, Lenny (my avatar) & Karl drink as boring. 

I hope I have the right answer....        :hi:

I'm a grown-up & I watch cartoons...  good ones that is.

I've seen a few over the years, I'm damned if I can remember a bar in any of them. Shrek? Nope, don't think so. Up? Nope. Roger Rabbit? Possibly but I can't remember one. Wall-E? Nope. Wallace & Gromit? Surely not?

I don't watch cartoons on TV these days

Oh fuck............... MOE'S!!

I love the Simpsons, it's a great metaphor on life & anyone who doesn't get its appeal for adults can't be my friend. And I know a few people who think it is aimed at kids. They refuse to watch it or consider it adult entertainment.

I love the show but I assume Seven doesn't care for it much, I could never describe the bar where Homer, Barney, Lenny (my avatar) & Karl drink as boring. 

I hope I have the right answer....        :hi:

Seasons 4 - about 8/9 were razor sharp but it's been on a big wane for over ten years now.