Bangkok: which are the best places to meet LBs?

FoxAd

your best bet is to line up some on Thai Friendly or another similar site. It'll save you the bar, and it's attendant costs, drinks, barfine, etc. Or take a chance on a freelancer on the streets around Nana I spose. You could drink Coke at the bars, but that's kinda silly. You'd be like chum to the sharks as a guy recently characterized it.

your best bet is to line up some on Thai Friendly or another similar site. It'll save you the bar, and it's attendant costs, drinks, barfine, etc. Or take a chance on a freelancer on the streets around Nana I spose. You could drink Coke at the bars, but that's kinda silly. You'd be like chum to the sharks as a guy recently characterized it.

The only downside of your proposal is the fact you can't check the chemistry of who you bring to your bed.

Seems to me the OP is a sort of newbie so some chemistry check is advisable. IMHO.

My last trip was almost entirely with LBs lined up from sites like ThaiFriendly. I was satisfied/happy with the results more often than not. Yes there were some disappointments but the excellent finds trumped the bad ones. If you're disappointed after you meet them in person then you can always just buy them a drink, give them taxi fare and send them on their way. There is no obligation on your part to bed them. 

Hi, in your opinion what are the best places to meet LBs in Bangkok. I above all mean streets or distrits of Bangkok and also bars. I inform you I'm teetotaler and I don't really like bars. wink.png

I guess that rules out Check In Bar then -_-

On the contrary my dear friend, the OP asked about bars

teetotalers can go to lb bars and enjoy themselves - there's always softdrinks or water you can order (of course at a premium price). In my single days I visited many lb bars ordering "Sprite or 7-Up" and still had great times.

It was not in question that teetotalers could not enjoy visiting bars, the OP said he didnt really like bars so Im just assuming that he wants to know how to meet lb's away from the bar scene

Thanks for your pleasant replies. Now I'd like to know prices prices of both: drinks and LBs at bars on Nana Plaza and other bars on other places.

Think I'll just take a deep breath, offer no shot and let this one go through to the wicketkeeper.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your pleasant replies. Now I'd like to know prices prices of both: drinks and LBs at bars on Nana Plaza and other bars on other places.

Do you mind reading the different threads on the forum giving out lots of information? So we can progress and dedicate time to read and write reports, adding up to the information on this forum.

Well, I'll have to get out more.  I posted a response, thinking I may be helpful, but apparently Rx and others are more widely read than I.

Maybe next time I'll think about letting it go through to the 'keeper too.  Never mind, "such is life" as Ned Kelly reportedly said.

• Upvote 1

Do you mind reading the different threads on the forum giving out lots of information? So we can progress and dedicate time to read and write reports, adding up to the information on this forum.

Already I've read about prices but I'd like to know if the prices are equal in every distrits or bar in Bangkok.

Already I've read about prices but I'd like to know if the prices are equal in every distrits or bar in Bangkok.

They certainly aren't .

Same as any city in the world drink prices will range from dirt cheap to extortionate depending on where you drink and what you want to drink .

Nana Go Gos are expensive places to drink some quiet bar 10 mins walk away will be cheap . 

I never drink in Thai bars either, so I don't end up the typical drunken farang. I buy them a drink and just drink green tea or water and leave a tip. If you want to completely avoid bars just walk around there are LB freelancers literally everywhere. You can also meet them online, use Backpages/CL/myladyboydate/ladyboykisses site. In fact you will have a problem not meeting LBs, 10 seconds out the front door of my hotel there were a dozen of them trying to call me over.

I don't even like going inside NEP, since if you're on the 3rd floor and a fire breaks out you're pretty much dead. I wait for them to get off work and fill the streets as freelancers

I don't even like going inside NEP, since if you're on the 3rd floor and a fire breaks out you're pretty much dead. I wait for them to get off work and fill the streets as freelancers

the side walks outside of NEP are pretty much broken, often engaged by trade or people standing by.

I would be really careful, as if you slip you might break your neck.