Beach Road Deckchair Clear Out.

bumblebee

In the last couple of days there has been a dramatic change to the look of the beach with the removal of a sizable amount of deckchair vendors and their chairs.  Here is how Beach Road looked this afternoon, yes this is the Beach road.

Opposite Mike Mall

post-106-0-85804600-1420636787_thumb.jpg

Pattaya Klang looking south.

post-106-0-42208500-1420636818_thumb.jpg

Pattaya Klang looking north.

post-106-0-80264400-1420636845_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

In the last couple of days there has been a dramatic change to the look of the beach with the removal of a sizable amount of deckchair vendors and their chairs.  Here is how Beach Road looked this afternoon, yes this is the Beach road.

Opposite Mike Mall

attachicon.gifbr3.jpg

Pattaya Klang looking north.

attachicon.gifbr1.jpg

Pattaya Klang looking south

attachicon.gifbr2.jpg

Check those compass bearings BB,  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

My tuppence worth - as Dave said Pattaya Beach actually looks quite nice in those photos. Tranquil, clean, quiet, almost like a paradise.

So the idea is to leave it like this for a few weeks, enough for a million photos to be taken, put into tourist brochures, sell Pattaya like the whole resort is as above, then once brochures are on shelves, return to normal, by say, mid February.

I'll bet a beer and a sangsom coke on it!!! Any takers.

• Upvote 1

The old beach guys says I truly hope not ciobha...Beaches belong to the people...

Not to the umbrella beach chair people....But to all the people...

Not to the jet ski people...But to all the people...

Not to the fancy hotels...But to all the people...

It is a very special place where the four basic elements meet...

And it is where magic happens.......

• Upvote 2

Definitely looks much nice without the furniture. I wonder if the deck chair vendors whom bought pitches from City Hall have been refunded?

They'll be back.  The military is assigning new locations, and there should be some space between vendors for people to have free access.

Given the width of the beach in the first shot it still looks pretty sad. I spent a lot of time at Pattaya beach during one of my early trips but I never went in the water. But I just like to sit undisturbed and look out at the water and that isn't going to happen. 

Oh no !  :sad0116:

Taleung and I were there the other day.

Your favorite vendor is still around; a very nice lady indeed. And her husband seems to be a good guy too.   Since we knew we were going to be there for a few hours we splurged on the comfy recliners rather than the crappy chairs.

Actually, it seems both in Pattaya and Jomtien that they are trying to strike the proper balance between an empty sandy beach and the umbrellas some of us like.

Actually, it seems both in Pattaya that they are trying to strike the proper balance between an empty sandy beach and the umbrellas some of us like.

I agree. The touts got a bit too aggressive and took over the entire beach. The military is doing a great job getting things under control.

Holey Cow ...what is that whit stuff by the water at Pattaya beach?   Ohhhhhh sand, I never knew Pattaya beach had sand. 

Pattaya beach once was perfect white sand with clear blue water. Here's proof from 1976. They paved paradise & put up a parking lot.

post-83-0-36262800-1420948064_thumb.jpg

post-83-0-25657100-1420948083_thumb.jpg

This poor thai guy was trying to swim back to safety only to be met with the local shit tide. Pictures taken from PBG just over a month ago

post-1012-0-22081300-1420950602_thumb.jp

post-1012-0-22192600-1420950604_thumb.jp

post-1012-0-96593400-1420950605_thumb.jp

post-1012-0-41026200-1420950607_thumb.jp

p.s. sorry for the thread fuck. Glad to see they cleared the beach. Looks a lot more relaxed that way. Maybe time to get a tan. Friends here aren't buying the stories about spending all my time in museums and galleries when in LOS...

• Upvote 2