Farang Protests Against 'Thai Girls Trying To Be Farang'

pdogg

Think they'll listen to him?    :flirt2:

In a move to express his disapproval of Thai women who “follow farang fashion”, an unidentified foreign man shared his opinion by standing in front of a shopping mall yesterday with a sign suggesting how embarrassing Thai women have become.

This interesting photo was shared by Twitter user @KBoondham who claimed he saw the foreigner holding a one-man protest yesterday around 5pm in front of Central Ladprao.

"Thai women, they have lost all their power. They left themselves behind to follow farang fashion. They've turned into farang clones. How embarrassing! Let's bring back the true beauty of Thai women," the sign read.

The sign also had a long list of requests for Thai women out there. (Ladies, this would be a good time to get a notepad.)

"PLEASE STOP: Coloring your hair to look like farang, getting a pointy witch nose job, changing your faces with surgery to look like farang, whitening your skin to achieve the look of blood cancer and having a skeleton-like body."

Basically, the man doesn’t want Thai women to look Caucasian. (Now write it down in your notepad.)

"It's not natural. It's fake and very ugly. If no one is going to express their sorrow at the loss of Thai women, I will, with my sorry heart, because I love you. There is nothing more beautiful in the world than genuine Thai women. I'm sorry I had to come and protest."

One comment on Twitter about the one-man protest said what everyone in the country knows.

"So I guess this farang guy doesn't understand that those Thai girls actually try to follow Korean fashion? twitter-emoji.jpg" User Ae Hemming’s words received one retweet just for its pure wisdom  -- something that never happens on Twitter.

Some comments suggested that this stunt could have been a viral marketing ploy, but if it was real, women had to listen to another solid, wise voice pointing out how they should look yesterday.

The unidentified man was so sure of his opinion that he had to share it with the public, but it will certainly be ignored by some, since women are told how they should and should not look every day by the media and so-called role models.

This protest screamed “Imperfection is perfect”, yet it could be confirmation that decisions women make when it comes to their bodies are not respected and will always be judged, whether those decisions are made to “follow farang trend” or simply to achieve a personal identity.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/30/farang-protests-against-thai-girls-trying-be-farang-central-ladprao

"So I guess this farang guy doesn't understand that those Thai girls actually try to follow Korean fashion? twitter-emoji.jpg

But aren't Korean girls just trying to look western also and this is the ripple effect.  By the way is it just me that has noticed that the LBs seem as preoccupied with getting a nose bridge as boobs these days?  A big western honker on a flat-ish Asian face, how sad.

• Upvote 1

I totaly agree with him.If I were in BKK at that time,I would have stood next to him and raised a similar banner,but addressed to ladyboys.Have you guys noticed how unauthentic Thai GGs and LBs have become?the vast majority of teens colour their hair, listen only to western music and eat almost exclusively burgers and pizzas.So,it is not only a matter of looks,but rather a whole life style lost.I have nothing against any culture,western or oriental and I think each civilisation has made its own contribution during the long journy Man has made from the cave age to our modern times.But,the beauty of the human race has always been in its diversity.If I get you 3 cats,one from Japan,one from Kenya and one from Sweden,and ask you to sort them out,will you be able to tell the difference?But if I get three persons from the same three countries,I suppose will easily see who comes from where.Imagine if all human beings are blond,or if we all speak Arabic,or if we all eat only mexican food.How boring our world would be?Would any body be interested to travel anywhere?For all those reasons I fully support that guy's point of view.What do you guys think? 

• Upvote 2

That`s why we have thank god in most part of the world something we call "The Freedome To Be Your Self "

If these girls want to parade them self to be a sort of model or artist let them be , in most case it will pass away and for the few that will stick to this lifestyle and outlook so be it , it`s not like whole thailand will change to be western.....

And beside there is nothing no one can do against these kind of hippe , i apploud everybody that want to be what ever they want to......

Greetz , Stealth

the problem comes from where people look for individual markers. Media, CURRENT media. It's a rather shallow near sighted view of individuality. In addition, copying something you saw is hardly being an individual, anymore than spelling your name in silly ways is. It's all superficial. But much easier than developing character for example. Then too, IF honesty and loyalty were considered common, would you really want to be individual from this? Sadly I think there are many who do exactly this. For some time now the dark side of humans has become very popular in media. I still think the vampire fad is majorly stupid, but kids now would totally laugh at John Wayne. By and large all this stuff is fueled by the moneyboys. People are willing puppets for them in an effort to get fast easy social acceptance and "popularity". 

I think sign guy should just move to Isaan. Unless his real mission is to create smiles and laughter and make Thai's 100% farang is stupid and crazy :)

• Upvote 3