Benghazi, R.I.P.

JaiDee

Finally, jeeeeesh

WASHINGTON (AP) — ''A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, and asserted no wrongdoing by Obama administration appointees.''

“no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.”

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ecc3a300383445d5a90dd6ca764c9e15/house-intel-panel-debunks-many-benghazi-theories

But, of course,  FOX was not happy with THAT!  No more wall-to-wall coverage of a non-story now,  but they did give it 30 seconds;

''Chief White House correspondent Ed Henry, on Special Report Friday evening, spent just under 30 seconds discussing the report and the aspects he chose to highlight speak volumes.''

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/how-fox-news-dismissed-todays-benghazi-report-in-less-than-30-seconds/

The sad reality of this is that many Republican supporters will ignore the findings of this committee and continue to insist that it was a conspiracy, and cover up.

I know that we had quite heated debate about this and some other events that were supposed to show that President Obama is the worst and most corrupt president in the history of the United States so far on this forum. I don't know if there will be a response to this, but I would be interested to hear his opinion on this finding.

I voted for Obama - twice- and even I am not happy with his job performance.

But it has zero to do with non stories like this or some BS birth certificate nonsense, or he's a secret Muslim or some emails which show he supposedly sent the IRS after TEA party groups, etc......all the things which the extreme nutters on the far right and the Alex Jones wannabes love to point out.  No, for me my main complaint is that he hasn't been liberal ENOUGH!  Hasn't held his ground against the flotsam and jetsam of Republican obstructionists from worthless red states sent to DC to battle with him literally every day. And he hasn't kept a lot of his campaign promises  - from 2008!   As I said, more liberal and less for Wall street and big corporations would make this guy more appealing to me.

But you know RX, it's likely there are really only 2 or 3 conservatives who read here and I don't blame them for not wanting to get into the political stuff on a website in which 90% of the posters are likely very liberal. Same as with the conspiracy stuff, I love to debate politics and current events anytime and anywhere but this doesn't seem to be the place to do it which is fine.

Anyway, this was a non story all along, we all knew that in 2012.  When Darrell Issa and company throw in the towel you know it's finally over.  Thank goodness.

But you know RX, it's likely there are really only 2 or 3 conservatives who read here and I don't blame them for not wanting to get into the political stuff on a website in which 90% of the posters are likely very liberal. Same as with the conspiracy stuff, I love to debate politics and current events anytime and anywhere but this doesn't seem to be the place to do it which is fine.

I too voted for Obama...But only once...The last election...And I hadn't voted for maybe 40 years before the last election...I ain't a very good citizen...Now I don't think I will vote again in this life...Especially if my next choice is between Hillary and Jeb...............

To the best of my recollection there has never been a debate on this forum...Never an exchange of ideas and/or knowledge...Only arguments that end up being an exchange of ignorance and hate...Sooner or later no one plays fair...Sooner or later everyone loses...........

And I ain't convinced that the majority here are liberals...I am thinking more middle of the road silent types...Who are clearly much wiser than those of us who want to argue...........

Torurot

Yes -I agree with you. This is another complete american cock-up, which the international media has totally ignored

WHAT was the point of destroying a country that had the highest living standards in Africa?? Sure wasn't to bring "democracy". The setting up of an Africa development fund in competition to IMF and World bank was the nail in Ghadaffi's coffin.

The sad reality of this is that many Republican supporters will ignore the findings of this committee and continue to insist that it was a conspiracy, and cover up.

I know that we had quite heated debate about this and some other events that were supposed to show that President Obama is the worst and most corrupt president in the history of the United States so far on this forum. I don't know if there will be a response to this, but I would be interested to hear his opinion on this finding.

To whom do you refer in your last sentence, RX??

Heres my take on this: The main parts of this story still havent (and never will be) answered.  Who ordered the  CIA contractors to stand down when the office was getting attacked?  But the worst part is the fact that the Administration blamed the enitre attack on some stupid Youtube video that had a couple of hundred hits.  Where did that come from and who instructed Susan Rice to go out there and push this bogus narrative that this video was the reason for the attack.  The white House was bang in the middle of a reelection campaign and didnt want a messy terrorist attack on American diplomats to upset the apple cart.

Leon Pannetta TOLD Obama THAT NIGHT it was a terrorist attack yet Susan Rice STILL went out on the Sunday shows and pushed the video.  Hell, Obama HIMSELF STILL pushed the video when he made a speech at the UN about 10 days later.

But it has zero to do with non stories like this or some BS birth certificate nonsense, or he's a secret Muslim or some emails which show he supposedly sent the IRS after TEA party groups, etc......all the things which the extreme nutters on the far right and the Alex Jones wannabes love to point out.  No, for me my main complaint is that he hasn't been liberal ENOUGH!  Hasn't held his ground against the flotsam and jetsam of Republican obstructionists from worthless red states sent to DC to battle with him literally every day. And he hasn't kept a lot of his campaign promises  - from 2008!   As I said, more liberal and less for Wall street and big corporations would make this guy more appealing to me.

Anyway, this was a non story all along, we all knew that in 2012.  When Darrell Issa and company throw in the towel you know it's finally over.  Thank goodness.

You know I thought about putting up a thread about the upcoming elections this past Nov 4th but I decided against it.  Why??  I didnt want to attacked for expressing an opinion.

IMHO Obama has been a terrible president and, yes, his administration has been embroiled in a lot of sleazy deals/scandals. it has been less than forthcoming in its dealings when it told us that they would be totally honest and forthcoming.  they promised the moon and the stars and they have delivered shit.

What they have done to journalists would have made the reviled Nixon Administration blush.

the main stream media have been, mostly, totally compliant.

The bottom line is that even the Republicans are saying this is over.

Darrell Issa {R-CA} is the head of that committee, he's been trying to dig up something for 2 years now, to no avail. One of his sidekicks on that committee is a hardcore Republican TEA party member, Trey Gowdy from South Carolina ....of all places, a state which still proudly flies the confederate, racist flag of that loser ''southern army'' on their statehouse grounds ..... says let's pack it in also. Because there is nothing there.

Now this guy, another {R} from Arizona, a senator from Arizona. He says on Meet the Press yesterday;  ''Appearing on Meet the Press Sunday morning, Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) told NBC’s Chuck Todd that his GOP colleagues need to move on from the Benghazi issue''  and  ''that while he had been skeptical about how Susan Rice and the Obama Administration portrayed the attack at first — which the report concluded there were, in fact, issues with those talking points — he acknowledged that Republicans should move beyond it.''

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/gop-sen-republicans-should-move-beyond-benghazi-after-new-report/

OK, so if we all agree Susan Rice was trotted out there by the W.H. with inaccurate talking points to placate the masses.....only about the millionth time THAT'S been done in the past 50 years or so, by both parties....can we finally see this non-story go away?  I mean, even the Republicans say it's over, and they more than anyone would love to keep throwing gasoline on this fire.