High End Dining In Thailand

DownLoLarry

My typical meal is 30-40 baht so I won't have much to contribute to this thread but just heard about the most unusual dining experience this side of Hannibal Lechter.

Tokyo Kids is a sushi/sashimi place in Jomtien where you eat off of a naked girl's body.

Pricey at 3000 baht per person but might appeal to some of you bell ringers.

post-19-0-03571500-1415205474_thumb.jpg

I agree Sam. Wild horses couldn't drag me there. 

Yeah, we need to go back to "ROGER'S" next to the hospital on 2nd Road and Pattaya Klang. That was a nice dinner. Last February he was still there cooking up a storm with his Thai wife. I will look again n December. 

• 3 months later...

Raided!

Authorities shut down ‘naked sushi’ restaurant

Friday, 13 February 2015

The restaurant had been open since 2011, but as soon as old photos of its “naked sushi” specialty went viral on the Internet, the owner of Pattaya’s Tokyo Kids knew what would come next.

Sure enough, Pattaya police, Banglamung district officers and military personnel arrived at the Soi Kophai 10 eatery around 10 a.m. Feb. 5. Restaurant staffers were waiting for them.

Tokyo Kids catered to Chinese, Korean and Japanese businesspeople and tourists, offering a 5,000-baht-per-person “Nyotaimori” sushi platter, with the fish and rice served on top of a young, attractive, and naked Thai woman.

A fixture in Tokyo’s red-light Shinjuku district, Nyotaimori is not commonly served in Thailand and an advertisement scanned and put on Facebook earlier this month proclaimed Tokyo Kids as the only “naked sushi” spot in Pattaya.

The advertisement and accompanying outrage about the objectification of women spread like wildfire online and Apichart Wongsuriya, 38, manager of the restaurant, told police that “Jason,” the Australian owner of Tokyo Kids, had called him to open the restaurant early, as he expected a raid.

Authorities showed up well before the restaurant’s normal 2 p.m. opening time, so there were no sushi damsels to lock up, or even a cook or waitress. Officers collected menus, receipts, and CCTV footage.

They also closed Tokyo Kids temporarily for operating without a proper license and selling alcohol without a permit before making their way to a press conference to decry the “inappropriate” and “humiliating” employment of women and the damage it does not only to the reputation of Thai women, but Pattaya as well.

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/authorities-shut-down-naked-sushi-restaurant-44871