Miss International Queen 2014, Nov 7, 2014 Tiffany Theatre, Pattaya

rxpharm

It's that time of the year again, the 2014 Miss International Queen contest will be held at the Tiffany Theatre in Pattaya.

Here's a video of the press conference from a few days ago.

http://youtu.be/U_fdixKqZ14

Tickets are quite pricey, but there are free PR events in the week leading up to the contest. If you are in Pattaya keep your eyes open and your camera ready for these international beauties.

There are 25 contestants this year, with a few first time countries being represented, Chile, Mongolia, Myranmar, Nicaragua and Turkey!

The Miss Popular Internet vote is set up on Ripley's Believe it or Not Instagram Page if you would like to vote and view larger photos.

This is the 10th anniversary of the contest, so I am sure a lot of extras will be put into it.

post-289-0-29374200-1414736174_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-99002800-1414736198_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-47502500-1414736226_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Miss INTERNATIONAL QUEEN 2014

The Flutter of Butterfly Wings Embracing ': wings of power which is open to the world.

Started with the selection of talent to around 15 people to contests around the TALENT QUEST released a national series of parades through these beautiful butterflies and numbers 25 tomorrow November 3 at the Sofitel Sukhumvit Bangkok time 19.00 pm onwards.

(Photo from the Park-Zii) press tour at: http://www.missladyboys.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=32109. (Translated by Bing)

Just found this on facebook, I might show up if I can manage.

• Upvote 1

The winner was no. 18, Isabella Santiago from Venezuela, 1st runner up was no. 11, Nissa Katrahong from Thailand (MTU 20140) and 2nd runner up was no. 20, Piyada Inthavong from Laos.

Personally I think Thailand was better looking than Venezuela, but it seems Venezuela did better on her impromptu speech.

post-289-0-57471900-1415381664_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-14397900-1415381686_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-79147400-1415381733_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Did the contestants get to pick the language of their impromptu speeches?

They each could pick 3 envelopes for the questions, which were in English. It was translated into Thai for Thailand and Laos, and they had a Spanish interpreter for Venezuela for both question (in Spanish) and answer in Thai.

• Upvote 1

It was fun watching this last night with my sweetie at a small mixed GG/LB bar.  She was into it, as were the others GG and LB alike.  (It's not like there was anything else to do given that there were only two other customers in the bar and both of them were older local farangs who were half asleep in their beer.  Mostly quiet on the side streets.)  The consensus was that Miss Venezuela was very pretty, but that Miss Thailand was prettier.  They all liked Miss Laos as well.  I asked sweetie how Miss Thailand's answer to the question was and she said, "Not so good."  My Spanish is rusty, but I could still tell that Miss Venezuela gave the sort of good polished generic answer that goes over well in these kinds of things.

soiboy, thanks for the recap - I was watching on streaming, and thought Thailand's answer was too short and didn't generate much applause, while Venezuela's answer was longer and got more applause from the audience. Good that your gf and you may have confirmed my thoughts as to the results.

Regardless of the results it was a good evening, some spectacular routines they showcased for the 10th anniversary and quite a few 1st time countries represented!

Here's the story from today's Bangkok Post:

Venezuelan crowned transgender beauty queen in Thai contest
Published: 8 Nov 2014 at 10.01 | Viewed: 0 | Comments: 0
Online news: General
Writer: Reuters

PATTAYA — A 22-year-old Venezuelan was crowned "Miss International Queen" on Friday night at a beauty contest that bills itself as the world's largest and promotes the rights of transsexuals and transvestites.

post-289-0-01477100-1415417529_thumb.jpg

Isabella Santiago of Venezuela (centre) is kissed by runner-ups after she was crowned Miss International Queen 2014 at the transgender/transsexual beauty pageant in Pattaya Nov 7, 2014. (Reuters photos)

Isabella Santiago beat 21 contestants from 18 countries to win the title and prize money of $12,500 at a glittering pageant in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. The winner of the 2014 contest can also opt for free cosmetic surgery.

Santiago, who wore a shimmery white evening gown, laughed and said "Sleep!" when asked about her plans after the win.

"When on stage, she is so elegant and that's why the judges' decision was unanimous," said Seri Wongmontha, one of the pageant's judges.

The contest, in its 10th year, was held at the Tiffany's nightclub famous for its transvestite cabaret.

Like other beauty pageants, contestants for "Miss International Queen" paraded in their national costumes, evening gowns and swimsuits.

Miss USA Samira Sitara told Reuters TV that participating in the contest was a "dream come true", and this was the first time she was coming out publicly after being encouraged by friends.

"You know what, this is life and you can't run away from the past. I can't hide it anymore," she said.

post-289-0-71441400-1415417677_thumb.jpg

Isabella Santiago of Venezuela waves after she was crowned Miss International Queen 2014 at the transgender/transsexual beauty pageant in Pattaya Nov 7, 2014.

• Upvote 2