Jomtien Watch !

Stroker

Meanwhile back in the Rompho market the LB's have moved around. New owner of Naughty Girls Bar at the top - got rid of the guitar duo who were a bit better than the other musical (?) acts in the bars. 3 LB's in there including June (pictured) late of Zero Bar. Tick Bar has 2 LB's including "Luk/Nook" pictured somewhere on this posting. Across from Tick Bar is Ma Mak Bar with 2 chunky LB's. Plus as mentioned Mint Bar with a few LB's who require a ladydrink at 150 Baht and a 500 Baht Barfine.

post-754-0-80768600-1426385121_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Yes - at the moment.!

Apart from Mint Bar and a couple in Buddy Bar - both close together near the front.

Of course "Jam" in The Corner House - 150 LDrink and 500 BF - plus she asked a chum of mine for 3,000 - maybe 2,000 Short time. HoHoHo

• Upvote 2

Meanwhile back in the Rompho market the LB's have moved around. New owner of Naughty Girls Bar at the top - got rid of the guitar duo who were a bit better than the other musical (?) acts in the bars. 3 LB's in there including June (pictured) late of Zero Bar. Tick Bar has 2 LB's including "Luk/Nook" pictured somewhere on this posting. Across from Tick Bar is Ma Mak Bar with 2 chunky LB's. Plus as mentioned Mint Bar with a few LB's who require a ladydrink at 150 Baht and a 500 Baht Barfine.

Quinn is the Jomtien and Rompho expert and it all jibes with my experience although I only go to Rompho about twice a month.

June is one of the prettiest ladyboys in Rompho and also speaks great English despite being about 19 years old.

I agree with the band that used to be a Naughty being a bit better than most and if sitting outside the volume was good but since they don't have fans outside on the wrong night it could be muggy and buggy. Though being at the very back of he complex on some nights there's a decent breeze.  Inside the band was a little too loud for my taste.

Tick Bar has a sofa inside and there used to be ladyboy there who would be about as hands on as you can for Rompho on the sofa but haven't seen her there this year. 

Mint Bar, I just went to once and didn't like the vibe. But I guess right now, the bar with the most ladyboys. 

GT mentioned front vs back, and I prefer the back as there are less customers and I like breathing space. 

Generally I just walk up one of the middle aisles to scope out the scene and if something looks interesting have a beer.  It seems this year San Migs and Heineken are 70 baht rather than 60 at most of the bars but the wider variation in price is with the ladydrinks.  

Ma Mak used to be a regular stop for me when Pop/Poppy/Popcorn used to work there.  She was clever and funny.  Have you see her around Quinn?

Not seen Poppy for a long time. She left Ma Mak - couldn't get on with owner (oldish LB Aneu) - Family still own the bar but have leased it off. Packed on opening party night and empty ever since.

A few bars are charging 70 for usual Thai Lollywatter. (Tick Bar, Cassandras, Garry Bar (A few LB's drink here).

Despite only one LB my favourite is the Corner House with low key music and a superb breeze blowing off the road when sat overlooking it. Gets noisy Sat/Sunday when they have the football on the telly.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...

Tick Bar - beer now 75 Baht. !

Thanks for the warning Quinn.

Bad enough that many Rompho bars now charge 70 instead of 60 for a Heineken or San Miguel Light.

But even Chang and Leo are 75 baht?

Guess they aren't interested in value for money sexpat's business.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully Singha Light is only 70 Baht in Tick Bar (wrong info' given previously) also new LB in there. Still earshattering music (?) tho'.

In bars, it seems Singha Light is often prices same same as San Mig Lite, but at  7/11 Sing Lite cans, I know u hate cans lol, are often the cheaper than Chang.

I enjoy an afternoon beer or two, so what time do most of the bars there open up?

Welcome KhumSomchai.  I think Roadhouse/Sally's if open from early afternoon.  Not sure about Rompho but probably late afternoon if not earlier but likely not many girls around if too early.

Welcome KhumSomchai.  I think Roadhouse/Sally's if open from early afternoon.  Not sure about Rompho but probably late afternoon if not earlier but likely not many girls around if too early.

BB you are correct about rompho. Generally bars in jom are open around mid day but girls show up around 2pm. Although there are bars that open happy hour from 8am to 7-12pm  and do the happy hours agian later in the day, up to you :crazy: hey each to his own.

If someone likes a cold one after a swim or a stroll then try the bars/restaurants on the beach i like the euro star and the opal hotel @ soi 7.

s69

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - at the moment.!

Apart from Mint Bar and a couple in Buddy Bar - both close together near the front.

Of course "Jam" in The Corner House - 150 LDrink and 500 BF - plus she asked a chum of mine for 3,000 - maybe 2,000 Short time. HoHoHo

500BF...n ST 2,000 ....WTF..!!!!???

Those are almost a go-go prices ...No way I'm going to pay 500BF. and  2000 for ST..They can  :kissass: my hairy ass..

I wonder how many of you guys are willing to pay that ..??

I wonder how many of you guys are willing to pay that ..??

2000 for ST..They can  :kissass: my hairy ass..

WTF 2000 baht or 2000 quid to kiss your hairy ass Billy.   8P

I think most of the bars are 300 BF and I reckon the expectation is prob 700 ST and 1200 LT but I am really not sure about that.

• Upvote 1

I think most of the bars are 300 BF and I reckon the expectation is prob 700 ST and 1200 LT but I am really not sure about that.

Thats more like it... :biggrin:

All this years I been to Pattaya only few times been to Jomtien but never to Rompho...But I thinks i'll have look in this trip..

lol PD you should have been in London when i saw a femy kiss B69's hairy ass for free :kissass:  and sucked him up in the club house.

B69 we should make a repeat when i'm in London again. :drinks:

Bar fines are 300bht all over Jom but some gg's or lb's tries a trick on newbies. St in jom is 7/800bht - LT 1k/1200 bht, but if they go to pats they want a bit more around a couple of hundred bht over and above taxi $$$ they say.

• Upvote 2