Jomtien Watch !

Stroker

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, duke007 said:

Cmon Buzz, if you're doing a video titled Baht Bus to Jomtien get the price right.  The baht bus to Jomtien is 10 baht not 20 baht as he says 3 times in this video.  I've taken it hundreds of times and have always paid 10 baht.  Of course if you give the driver 20 baht he will gladly drive away with it.   

In yesterday's video when passing Jomtien Immigration he advises people to pay an agent to get a retirement visa because he does so with his agent also handling his work permit.  Unless you are trying to circumvent the rules (keeping 800K Thai baht in a Thai bank account or being able to show 65K baht pension coming into your Thai bank every month) there is no need to hire an agent to get a retirement visa.  It's a very easy process that costs only 1900 baht a year.

I do like that he flags down a baht bus instead of waiting in the new queue although the new queue is not as bad as the old one since the bus takes off after around 6 people are on it unlike the old queue where you are shoulder to shoulder in a lemon party with old farang.  Maybe if on New Year's Eve you take the  baht bus to Phuket shoulder to shoulder with Lisa and her Blackpink mates you pay 20 baht.   :biggrin:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Cmon Buzz, if you're doing a video titled Baht Bus to Jomtien get the price right.  The baht bus to Jomtien is 10 baht not 20 baht

i have seen people pay 20 baht many times. Once had an ill-informed passenger announcing to everyone that the fare is 20 baht because the bus is going outside pattaya!

You are right PD, 10 baht it is, no matter how far into jomtien you go. Going back the other way into Pattaya, it is 10 baht to the pattaya tai/ 2nd crossroads, where the  jomtien buses start from, if you continue along 2nd road across the crossroads then 20 baht.

I've taken the 1.5 kilometer walk each way in the above video dozens of times so some comments. 

First off, nice ass in the still shot of the video!    :movethatass:

The video starts of at the Sands Cafe where a latte will run you 110 baht plus 10% service charge and 7% VAT.   Across from the Sands is my favorite 7/11 in Thailand where a latte is 35 baht and you can sit on a chair at a table on the deck overlooking the sea.   Or you can drink a Leo or San Miguel Zero for 39 baht or a San Mig Lite for 41 baht.   The Sands is more comfortable though as their chairs have armrests and you also get an itsy bitsy teenie weenie chunk of brownie to go with your latte.

That's not my favorite 7/11 in the world though.  That honor goes to the 7/11 at the jeepney station in Angeles City with seating for 150 and music pumping out on the speakers so it's a party atmosphere.  Red Horse and San Mig Lite are cheap as chips there.  A nice place to play host and hang with a half dozen ladyboys. 

There are 3 restaurants near the end.  The Sandbar and Olala which are almost next to each other.  Olala has a 120 baht breakfast special which ends around noon and on Saturday night a 250 baht salmon special.  Farther down Pirate's Bay also has a 120 baht all day brekkie.

Near Pirate Bay is the 3 story 7/11 which overlooks the aerobic area.   From the top floor the music really carries making it difficult to converse and the distance is too far to zoom in on T and A unless you have a good camera.  

Quiz:  What famous event was held along this walk that he does not mention?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Across from the Sands is my favorite 7/11 in Thailand where a latte is 35 baht and you can sit on a chair at a table on the deck overlooking the sea.   Or you can drink a Leo or San Miguel Zero for 39 baht or a San Mig Lite for 41 baht.  

Are you going to try one of these when allowed PD? :yes:

I believe they are very good plice for Big Bottle at 7/11 :wink:

IMG_20211027_080533.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Are you going to try one of these when allowed PD? :yes:

I believe they are very good plice for Big Bottle at 7/11 :wink:

Perhaps.  But in general.I am looking for beer with low alcohol content as I like to drink beer but don't like hangovers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Perhaps.  But in general.I am looking for beer with low alcohol content as I like to drink beer but don't like hangovers.

That so called strong brew Leo is only .1 ABV more than the Leo :crazy:

That's one of the things I don't miss about Thailand, the beer mostly on offer is like piss water :(

Thankfully they do have Asahi in some establishments, and I agree about the Red Horse, now that is the Biz, especially when surrounded by several ladymen :spiteful:

IMG_20210522_202847.jpg

IMG_20210522_202810.jpg

post-148-0-14504900-1417947009.jpg

• Like 1

The Chonburi Public Health Office today (November 13th) has released a warning to inform EVERYONE who went to a club recently in Jomtien to take an ATK test.

EVERYONE who visited the Jade Gentlemen’s Club (Jade House) in the Jomtien Nivete housing estate in Nongprue sub-district from November 6th to November 12th, 2021, please take a Covid-19 ATK test.

TPN media notes that, legally, all bars and nightclubs are closed, however, the venue may have been operating as a restaurant. That was not immediately made clear by the notice, although the Ministry of Public Health has previously made it clear that they only are concerned about health issues and that those present at the venue should not fear any legal action if reporting Covid-19 related concerns.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/13/chonburi-warns-everyone-who-went-to-a-gentlemens-club-in-jomtien-recently-to-take-a-covid-19-atk-test/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Bars in Jomtien Complex were raided tonight.

Screenshot originally posted on lbp forum by BM Chester.

Screenshot 2021-12-10 17.57.19.png

I have to say, the thing that caught my eye about this screenshot was Lana Sohot.  I've never been with her, but know her through a friend of hers I spent some time with.  Lana Sohot indeed!  Twin 500cc jugs on either a LB or a Ducati are always a nice sight.  From her FB page....

218288228_631219207846924_318704764270511813_na.jpg.37066a12a946eea3664b033c1f75c58d.jpg

• Like 4

might it be possible to operate like bars in North Carolina and other states do and serve only mixers? Ya bring your own bottle and they charge for the ice and mixers.  Get some food served nightly. It's a restaurant :) Maybe outside area or big fans moving air and social distance inside?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soiboy said:

I have to say, the thing that caught my eye about this screenshot was Lana Sohot.  I've never been with her, but know her through a friend of hers I spent some time with.  Lana Sohot indeed!  Twin 500cc jugs on either a LB or a Ducati are always a nice sight.  From her FB page....

218288228_631219207846924_318704764270511813_na.jpg.37066a12a946eea3664b033c1f75c58d.jpg

That photo is disturbing!.

By the way the mention of Ducati's brings back memories,(no not mammary's). When I used to yacht race on Auckland Harbour on a Saturday, there would be a guy on a 900 Ducati ride around the road which hugs the cliff line. The sound of that bike echoing off the cliffs was fantastic!. Nothing else like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1