Jomtien Watch !

Stroker

i care not for ridicule, Father Grunt and Mother Lily will still clasp you all to our bosom, i think you may be happier clasped to Lily's though. I would be.

Do any of you need saving? come to us.

My church is built on Cathar foundations. There are no priests, no uniforms, no ceilings of gold, for god does not want houses of worship because he lives within all of us, he is always with us deep inside. Certainly with Lily anyway. He needs not the baubles of men and false covetousness.

There is no hell and damnation, there is only truth and existence.

All you who are but lost sheep come to us to be found, or if you prefer, send a donation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do feel that at last i am doing some good in my life.

i worry about all my flock, especially Woodie sometimes, but fear not Woodie, i can help you.

the only one of my flock that i don't worry about is Bumberbree. He has god within him. Actually, recalling that photo [i have a long memory, sorry BB] the photo of you wearing your new xxxl size shirt, i can tell that you have god inside... possibly the 12 disciples and missing tribe of Benjamin too....... To be sure!

but i digress.. beware all, the beast Belial and his imps, and the angel with four faces.. they may try to tempt you into wicked ways. Should you be approached, just exclaim...

"i know grunt, he is my guide! begone! "  it could help if you sang a couple of verses of 'you'll never walk alone' too.

stay safe all... come to me.

now it's time for myself and Lily to fulfill a prophesy....

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 8:42 AM, blind boy grunt said:

There are no priests, no uniforms, no ceilings of gold, for god does not want houses of worship because he lives within all of us

I like. I might join.

Edit: This is a better version including the 3rd verse which sometimes is left out for unknown reasons.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, seven said:

I like. I might join.

seven my child.

you do not need to join. There is nothing to join, no enrolment.

For in my church each man is alone, but none are alone, for god is with them. There are no congregations, no organised prayer, no supplication. All one has to do is speak some of the names of god. There are many: YHWH the tetragrammaton, Yahweh,Jehovah,El-olam,Elo-him, Ken-ee-dal-gleesh. All are names of our lord the god.

that is all required to be in my flock, Seven

You don't need to get down on your knees, but you might want to if Mother Lily is standing before you. Especially if you have a bad back.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

For in my church each man is alone

Can you function as a spiritual leader? I do think all these lost souls need some sort of guidance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Guru,_No_Method,_No_Teacher

The album title is evocative of a 1966 quotation by Jiddu Krishnamurti: "...there is no teacher, no pupil; there is no leader; there is no guru; there is no Master, no Saviour. You yourself are the teacher and the pupil; you are the Master; you are the guru; you are the leader; you are everything."[3]

312042074433.jpg

One of favorite songs ever:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ciobha said:

Whereabouts on Jomtien is that PD?

it's at the junction of beach road and soi Watboon Ciobha. [PD...beach road and soi PD motorcy shop] have just been down there for a look. no traffic allowed through north or south bound along beach road. Some locals may recall that there was major drainage works there about 4 years back... a big hole at the same junction for ages. the contractors were thrown off for taking too long. They blamed the delay on 'too many thai holidays'

anyway for the benefit of anyone trying to get into jomty, it appears that baht buses are coming down 2nd road as far as soi Watboon, turning right into watboon then down to beach road, then left up to the posh end of beach road, where i live. plenty of baht buses this morning too. Going back into Pattaya the route is reversed.

basically the town end of beach road it seems, can be reached by getting off a bus at the statue and walking.

if of course you can wade through the floods!

• Like 4

On 9/9/2021 at 2:39 AM, ciobha said:

Whereabouts on Jomtien is that PD?

8 hours ago, seven said:

You may have noticed PD hasn't answered yet. He's knee deep in sewer water.

I thought BBG gave a comprehensive description but for those who don't venture beyond Soi Whitehouse or the Night Market, Soi Watboon is just a little further down down than Soi 11.  Note, it is quite a hike from Soi 7 to Soi 11.

I live near the top of a hill quite aways from the collapse and flooding is not a problem for me.   My garage is situated on a side street that gets some downhill water but it was pretty dry.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:38 AM, blind boy grunt said:

then left up to the posh end of beach road, where i live.

That's why all the ladies want to be Blind Girl Posh!   :biggrin:

21 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Could it have been caused by Lily's tunnelling?

Stranger things have happened!   :shok:

5 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

I thought BBG gave a comprehensive description but for those who don't venture beyond Soi Whitehouse or the Night Market, Soi Watboon is just a little further down down than Soi 11.  Note, it is quite a hike from Soi 7 to Soi 11.

I'm sure I've seen where the collapse happened on previous trips and remember that there has always been a deep outwash onto the beach there.

It seems the Thai solution is just to put down new concrete and sandbags each time. Surely they should realise that some serious drainage work needs to be done. 

26 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I'm sure I've seen where the collapse happened on previous trips and remember that there has always been a deep outwash onto the beach there.

It seems the Thai solution is just to put down new concrete and sandbags each time. Surely they should realise that some serious drainage work needs to be done. 

indeed rockstar Poke... but the serious drainage work was finished 2-3 years back... and that was an even bigger hole in the road that took 2 years and 2 different contractors to complete.

have no fears in a couple of years it'll happen again.

yes indeed. but where does soi watboon go? straight into the sea? how does it join a raised beach road without knocking half of jomtien down, including a 17 storey hotel?.

i think you'll find that what has collapsed is a drainage culvert under beach road talking water from watboon and 2nd road into the sea. the thing they finished building/digging 2 years ago. it's lasted well really for pattaya.

don't really know though but looking at the photo it looks like that.

yesterday they spent all day trying to pump water out of the hole. Life is so exciting at the moment!

• Haha 1