Jomtien Watch !

Stroker

The Thai government may have to put curfew restrictions and its meaning in a few different languages because there are obviously still morons out there that don't understand what it's all about and also have the fines harsher like cancellation of visa or more than a night in lockup

8 minutes ago, Quinn said:

55555 I wish I could lip-read !

Haha, no need. Could be any nationality though. French, Italians,Swedes,Brits ,Tunisians,Germans, Iranians, Lebanese,  but definitely arabs.

My lebanese and syrian friends has taught me some arabic. Its actually rather interesting.

whether or not those two are Arabs or Eskimo's is somewhat moot. Fact is unless you are watching that video through Thai rose tinted specs... most of the people on it ARE Thai. As are most curfew violators on Jomty beach road every night.

So, being as their visa's can't be revoked.. it's off to the lock-up then... personally i'd sacrifice some of them to.

47 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

whether or not those two are Arabs or Eskimo's is somewhat moot. Fact is unless you are watching that video through Thai rose tinted specs... most of the people on it ARE Thai. As are most curfew violators on Jomty beach road every night.

So, being as their visa's can't be revoked.. it's off to the lock-up then... personally i'd sacrifice some of them to.

Yes?

• 2 weeks later...

oh dear me..

sorry to repeat myself here, but just to explain, i haven't really been out for something like 6 months...just the occaisonal local coffee really.

But today i thought i'd jump on 'Black Madonna' my Electric bike and have a good look around Jomtien.

I wish that hadn't. It's dying, broken backed and falling out at the seams. Dunno if other locals have noticed. Beach Road is now nothing but shuttered up restaurants and shops, pharmacies what have you. A few tat clothing shops hanging on grimly. hotels desolate. The 'russian' evening market is decimated, most stalls gone,  god know's what they are doing with that. it's just a big patch of concrete.

Rompho market a pale shadow of itself and down the little streets, just closed business's for sale.

It really is sad, a man made disaster.

i was thinking recently that soon i would try a litte jaunt to Pattaya, haven't been near it since February. After this morning in Jomtien, i won't bother.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

But today i thought i'd jump on 'Black Madonna' my Electric bike and have a good look around Jomtien.

I wish that hadn't. It's dying, broken backed and falling out at the seams.

That's what you get buying a cheap bike ! 55555

14 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

everybody's a comedian!

The owner of Hemingway's in Jomtien greets Blind Boy and asks him how he can help him choose a meal "shall I read to you our menu? “the owner asks.

" no need" says Blind Boy, "just bring me a selection of dirty forks and I'll know what to choose."

Curious, the owner goes back to the kitchen, gets a handful of dirty forks, and hands them to Blind Boy who proceeded to sniff each fork.

He said "I'll take the rosemary roasted lamb leg with the garlic mash and raspberry coulis" the owner, shocked that Blind Boy was able to do this, gets him that particular meal.

The following week, Blind Boy returns to the restaurant again and the owner, now knowing the drill, goes to the kitchen and asks his wife "Lek, do me a favor, take this fork and put it down your pants, I want to test something..."

He takes the dirty forks to Blind Boy who starts sniffing each of them until he stops at one, sniffs it carefully, grunts, and says "huh, I didn't know Lek works here..."

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The owner of Hemingway's in Jomtien greets Blind Boy and asks him how he can help him choose a meal "shall I read to you our menu? “the owner asks.

" no need" says Blind Boy, "just bring me a selection of dirty forks and I'll know what to choose."

Curious, the owner goes back to the kitchen, gets a handful of dirty forks, and hands them to Blind Boy who proceeded to sniff each fork.

He said "I'll take the rosemary roasted lamb leg with the garlic mash and raspberry coulis" the owner, shocked that Blind Boy was able to do this, gets him that particular meal.

The following week, Blind Boy returns to the restaurant again and the owner, now knowing the drill, goes to the kitchen and asks his wife "Lek, do me a favor, take this fork and put it down your pants, I want to test something..."

He takes the dirty forks to Blind Boy who starts sniffing each of them until he stops at one, sniffs it carefully, grunts, and says "huh, I didn't know Lek works here..."

i feel that i should point out to all who know me... it's fake news!! i have never actually been to Hemingway's... i always thought that it is an older peoples hangout...

grab a Gran and all that.

59 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

i feel that i should point out to all who know me... it's fake news!! i have never actually been to Hemingway's... i always thought that it is an older peoples hangout...

grab a Gran and all that.

There are a few 'Oldies' patronise this establishment - I do believe that QG is a fan of their Fish 'n' Chips. Pre Covid I was a regular for the monday night quiz. However I recently attended the 'Hemingway Look Alike Contest' and 'blow me away' I was awarded first prize. note to BBG - they do operate a 'Dress Code' !

hemingway-830x420.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quinn said:

I do believe that QG is a fan of their Fish 'n' Chips.

note to BBG - they do operate a 'Dress Code' !

Their beer battered cod, chips and mushy peas is good for los. Thai chips are usually either under or overcooked. Wrong type of potatoes apparently.

Now that the Reverend Grunt has repented his sins and become a Man of God will they let him in wearing his dog collar if he turns up on his electric bicycle? 

Screenshot 2021-08-12 08.45.05.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

Well that is the usual requirement.

not in my church Clint.  My remit from Yahweh is not atonement or redemption but enlightenment.

Perhaps i should explain that he spoke to me in a dream one night recently. I'm not claiming that it was a vision, not at all.

He said to me "Brother Grunt, thou mustest go forth and multiply" so i said just to be sure that i was comprehending correctly "what do you mean Yahweh, like 2x3 =6 ?

he replied "No-eth, thou shalt go forth and spreadeth the true words of god.  For man hath changed the words i spoketh before to suit his nefarious purposes"

Now Cowpoke, it would be remiss of me to not explain that god speaks in a very old-fashioned way as you may have already gathered.  it's almost as though he could be from Chesterfield.

Anyway gunslinger, that is the mission of my church, just to get back on god's proper track as originally intended.

There will be no forgiveness of sin from me, there will be no preaching, man has to find god in his own way.

And, he said to me also 'Grunt, thou are not-est a spring chicken, thou will need help, which i giveth to thee now."

so does that explain? if anyone out there needs advice to guide them through life. Please feel free to ask either Father Grunt or Mother Lily.

we'll get back to you... maybe.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Are you sure it was Yahweh speaking to you, and not God Almighty Quinn? 

Screenshot 2021-08-12 17.38.41.png

I am always amused when I see that painting. I wonder if the model was offended by the painters depiction of his appendage?.

Probably religions influence again.

• Like 1