Jomtien Watch !

Stroker

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, duke007 said:

Emmy's Bar get a mention here.

It's at 4.40 minutes in, almost at end of video. He says he has heard good things about Emmy's Bar. Nice to see at least a couple of customers there.

Thanks for posting @duke007. Reminds me of what I'm missing. I should have been there in 12 days time. It is sad though to see Jomtien so empty.

Let's hope 2021 will be better for Jomtien and we will be able to return.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

There was a fire yesterday in a 6th floor room at the Park Lane Condo in Jomtien.  But the resourceful 50 year old Brit climbed down to the 5th floor balcony, something you wouldn't want to unless you had no choice.

parklane.jpg

What happened to the girl, did she follow?.

• 5 weeks later...

Bars between Jomty Beach Road and Hanuman statue seem to be closing by 23:00.  Some on the side sois seem to be pushing it slightly but suspect that they are closing not much later than 11.    

Jomtien baht busses seem scarce around 11 PM.  I suppose drivers got used to no business around that time in January and are on more of a daytime routine but suspect it will be easier next week as word gets out that there is business.

Bars seem a bit slower than I would expect.  I thought there would be lots of pent up demand but not many farangs around. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Simple Simons:

long time restaurant in Soi 5...  closed down today, all fixtures and fittings gone... locked up and shuttered.

Would treat myself to brekkie there after a trip to Immigration.  2nd cup of coffee was free with brekkie. Years ago it was unlimited which was good if I had lots of time to kill but 2 is good enough as the coffee was not that great.  But better sausage and bacon than most other places.

Buddy and I couldn't decide a few weeks back whether to eat there but it was so hot we chose the more expensive Continental with aircon.  

Simple Simon's was around for as long as I remember.  Discovered it on the way to Sally's.

well Q.G.. i recall that you and I have discussed metaphysics many times, which is probably absolutely nothing to do with this, but sounds impressive.

Quinn and his soi 7 chair [legends both] we mentioned earlier in this topic, so i think that at some time this morning a higher power forced me on a very rare venture from Grunt Towers, into Jomtien to purchase a iced lemon tea for my delectation. Purchasing the said beverage from soi 5,  I then moseyed around to soi 7. I parked my iron horse in front of a shuttered bar on a very empty street and whilst enjoying the refreshment i suddenly realised with some delight exactly where i was. it was like a revelation QG! really! If i could have somehow forced my arm through some thin mild steel or aluminium or whatever the shutters were made from... i could have touched the said chair...  furthermore, to my utter and complete amazement i was parked in the exact spot where in normal times throughout the ages, the chair resided.

Is this spooky or what?

Anyway later, eating an egg sandwich i recalled reading recently someones answer [in a book, not on the forum] to the long asked 'which came first, the chicken or the egg?' The authors answer was that obviously it was a chicken with an egg inside it. I dunno about that, but it got me thinking....

Which came first, The Quinn or the Chair?' and please don't say Quinn with a chair inside him.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

'which came first, the chicken or the egg?'

In Thailand it is defo the chicken!

The first letter of the Thai alphabet is ก which is represented by ไก่ which means chicken.

The second letter of the Thai alphabet is ข which is represented by ไข่ which means egg.

The chicken comes first!  

Quinn or The Chair?  Beats the hell out of me!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...