Jomtien Watch !

Stroker

A sign has gone up outside Rompho  saying the lease on the site (between the Church of Christianity who own the land and a Thai leaseholder) expires in April 2019. Not sure what this means. Could be that the lease is just up for re-negotiation, or the Church might want the land back for re-development. Apparently there were rumours 3 years ago that there was some plan to build a hospital there.

Many of the bars in Rompho are presently empty.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Had my first real mooch around Jomtien in 4 years last night and my has the Rompho changed.  So many bars were closed, derelict, totally dead at the far end, maybe because we arrived lateish.  Roadhouse had 3 LBs there, they told us the others were at a Morlam in Pattaya.  No hassle for lady drinks but again very quiet compared to it’s Sally bar days.

Katty Bar seems to be the ladyboy venue to seek out while over that way, although we did spot the odd ladyboy in one or two of the Rompho bars.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Roadhouse really is a sad reflection of its once glorious incarnation as Sally’s bar.  Passed it twice last might within a space of 2 hours in prime time high season and only one customer the first time, and two (us) the second time.  As mentioned already above only 3 ladyboys working there, think I saw a tumbleweed blow under the pool table at one stage.

• 1 month later...

Rompho is quite dead, most of the bars have closed. My favourite bar there, Party Girls, has closed the music bar. Ray Bar which used to be lb is now gg.

I visited Roadhouse a couple of weeks ago. Four ladyboys there and only a two customers, an older couple playing pool . I had a couple of drinks with Kelly who said it's really quiet now. She said Som hasn't been there for months. Kelly is thinking about going to University and I tried to encourage her in that.

Katty Bar in Soi 4 is now the main Jomtien lb bar and attracting the displaced lbs from closed bars. They come and go during the evening but always at least half a dozen on hand.

There are a couple of lbs, including Dao who used to be at Roadhouse in the Red Carpet Bar in Soi 2, near the junction with Beach Road.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Haven’t seen Dao in a long long time.  She must be pushing on in years now.

7 hours ago, ciobha said:

Dao, that's the crazy one, right???

I think you guys are thinking of the Dao from Sallys Bar/Roadhouse with the big boobs. I don't think she was crazy, but often quite maow. She was working in Red Carpet Bar last year, but has gone home to look after sick papa.

The Dao in Red Carpet Bar now is a different Dao. No implants, but she also worked in Roadhouse Bar

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I think you guys are thinking of the Dao from Sallys Bar/Roadhouse with the big boobs. I don't think she was crazy, but often quite maow.

Aye that’s the one we were thinking of alright QG, thanks for the clarification.  She used to be maow most times we visited the bar, and a bit clingy which if I recall correctly Ciobha liked a bit. :rolleye0012:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Aye that’s the one we were thinking of alright QG, thanks for the clarification.  She used to be maow most times we visited the bar, and a bit clingy which if I recall correctly Ciobha liked a bit. :rolleye0012:

Yes, probably calling her crazy was a bit unfair as it may give the wrong impression. She was a sweet enough type, but I recall always as pissed as a fart :drinks:. And there was one night she did cling on to me quite a bit, although I didn't barfine her because she was three sheets to the wind.

• Like 1

Kelly said Soi 5 is completely dead now all bars are hurting doesn't help that the police have been picking off freelancers using it to walk from rompho to beach rd and extorting money from them!! Talked to a bar owner in Rompho no word on any closure its business as usual but it does have that feel with many empty bars, still lively there later when the bars on soi 7 shut down !! One rumour is Rompho moving to south side of beach rd 2 on the vacant land between soi 1  & 5 and a condo complex going up where market is .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, outlander5 said:

Kelly said Soi 5 is completely dead now all bars are hurting

A week or so ago I spent about four hours in Roadhouse on Soi 5 as I know a LB that works there sometimes. There were probably no more than six customers all the time I was there. And another guy and I were the only ones that stayed for any length of time. The thing that strikes me is there is almost no foot traffic on Soi 5. It seems to me in years past a fair amount of farangs would go walking by and maybe some would stop for a beer of two.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xyzzy said:

A week or so ago I spent about four hours in Roadhouse on Soi 5 as I know a LB that works there sometimes. There were probably no more than six customers all the time I was there. And another guy and I were the only ones that stayed for any length of time. The thing that strikes me is there is almost no foot traffic on Soi 5. It seems to me in years past a fair amount of farangs would go walking by and maybe some would stop for a beer of two.   

Yeah almost nobody walks soi 5 at least past the roadhouse bar but the scorpion man comes up and does his turnaround!!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 11:04 PM, Quietguy said:

Rompho is quite dead, most of the bars have closed. My favourite bar there, Party Girls, has closed the music bar. Ray Bar which used to be lb is now gg.

The music bar "the rock & roll bar " at the back is closed now??? I was there in August love that bar guitarist let me play his Gibson on stage though he looked a little nervous, there were 2 Ladyboys working there then 1 loud one but nice and 1 quiet one who only got off her phone if the boss lady made her bring customers a drink.

• Like 2

No the Rock Bar is still open as far as I know. Well it was last time I went into Rompho at night a couple of weeks ago. It's too loud for me, but it seems to be the only bar left that has live music though one did have a Thai karaoke type singer for a party about 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 2:24 PM, xyzzy said:

The thing that strikes me is there is almost no foot traffic on Soi 5. It seems to me in years past a fair amount of farangs would go walking by and maybe some would stop for a beer of two.   

On 2/9/2019 at 4:26 AM, outlander5 said:

Yeah almost nobody walks soi 5 at least past the roadhouse bar but the scorpion man comes up and does his turnaround!!

Very few passers by the two times I visited too. I think that's due to a lot of Rompho bars closing.

• Like 1

Soi 7 seemed lively enough when i was there last and some bars in Rompho still had customers passed 4am I know I was one!! But on a whole Pattaya itself is hurting from low currency levels in Europe Scandinavia & especially the UK never seen it so low. I think this reflects heavily on soi 5 which doesn't have much on it beside some old overpriced hotels and the immigration office.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...