Rio

pdogg

We're trying to build up our Brazil section so if you have friends who know the scene please ask them to post.

From The Guardian.

post-45-067460400 1310838796.jpg

The theatre lights dim and a Brazilian supermodel takes to the stage, tanned legs emerging from a skintight miniskirt. :shok: :p

In the audience, an A to Z of Rio de Janeiro's great and good: pop stars, sports stars, soap stars and would-be stars, flanked by an army of local paparazzi. Clutching a microphone, the model addresses the crowd. "My name is Lea and I am a transsexual," she says, triggering a frenzy of applause and whistles.

The model in question is Lea T, Brazil's first transsexual supermodel. And this is the champagne-soaked launch party for Rio's inaugural diversity week – a celebration of the city's cultural and ethnic differences and an attempt to position Rio as the global capital of gay tourism.

"Rio is a city without prejudice," beams Eduardo Paes, the city's mayor, as he arrives at the event. "It is an open city that accepts everything with an open heart."

Recent months have seen an avalanche of new lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT)-friendly initiatives in Rio: vocational training courses for transvestites, anti-bullying projects aimed at gay and lesbian students and new legislation outlawing discrimination in the city's nightclubs.

In February the mayor announced the creation of a special diversity secretariat headed by Carlos Tufvesson, a gay, multilingual fashion designer.

Rio, says Tufvesson, is not only "the sexiest destination on Earth" but also a place where tolerance is natural. Just as the city staged important protests against the military dictatorship during the 1960s, Rio is again blazing a trail for civil rights, he believes.

The initiatives are also a potential moneyspinner. Last year, 25% of Rio's tourists, or around 880,000 people, were gay. The city's tourist board hopes to drive that number even higher and has published glossy, rainbow-coloured brochures packed with pictures of muscle-bound men and slogans urging tourists to "live the Rio sensation".

"Personally I think that anyone who wants to make money could open any kind of gay establishment in Rio because it is a dead cert return," says Tufvesson. "There is a big demand for this market still. Rio is now part of the gay calendar."

In 2007 Buenos Aires stole a march on Rio, opening what it claimed was Latin America's first luxury gay hotel.

But Rio is a "naturally" LGBT-friendly city, Tufvesson says, making "ghettoisation" unnecessary.

"Do we need to have gay restaurants? Gay food? Gay waiters? Here in Rio, my love, you can [kiss anywhere]. Otherwise we'll go there and close them down. Our municipal laws are strong."

Resistance to the government's progressive stance remains, predominantly among the religious right. Earlier this month, one Catholic MP attacked attempts to alter state legislation that would criminalise discrimination.

"Look, if we are all equal, with the same rights, I also have to have the right to not want a homosexual employee in my company," the MP said, before being forced to make a public retraction by fellow politicians.

Silas Malafaia, a prominent local evangelist, went a step further last year, erecting 600 advertising hoardings around Rio emblazoned with the phrase "In defence of the family and the preservation of the human race: God made men and women".

But activists' irritation at such actions is matched by praise for the government's increasingly vocal support for gay rights.

"It's really incredible that Brazil – a place that they call a third world country – is doing something that few first world countries have done," Lea T says back at the launch of Rio's diversity week, which has come weeks after the state government organised what it called "the largest gay wedding in the world".

At the reception local politicians and 43 ecstatic newlywed couples celebrated with a rendition of Frank Sinatra's Theme from New York, New York. The singer? Jane Di Castro, one of the city's best-known transvestites.

• 2 months later...

We're trying to build up our Brazil section so if you have friends who know the scene please ask them to post.

From The Guardian.

post-45-067460400 1310838796.jpg

Actually our newer fm beiJo is an expert on lbS FROM BRAZIL (RIO AND SAO PAOLO)

I will ask him to post something sbout the scene there...I AM SURE THAT if he reads this he will write something by himself

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the invite Panicos and no I do not consider myself an expert on Brazil. But yes I lived for a couple of years in Rio and have visited a few times after that. PD's post above might mislead some about Rio being a lb paradise, far from it. The best place in Brazil is Sao Paulo but the Brazilian lb scene is intirely different from LOS. But lets get back to Rio. If you like men and are gay or lesbian Rio is the place for you. If you are looking for lb's in rio and are not familiar with the territory be very careful, you will not find lb bars like in Pattaya and many of the shemales ( i dont want to call them ladyboys) will hang out at certain street locations at night. If you are alone there is a good chance you might get robbed. You will find what you are looking for on Avenida Atlantica in Copacabana or in larger numbers on Avenida Augusto Severo. I would strongly advise against going alone to the 2nd location. A better and safer way to meet sexy looking shemales is to contact them by phone. In my next post I will try to list some web pages with Brazilian shemale phone numbers. Dont expect to get the GFE and LT you got used to in LOS, what you will get is much more agressive dominating sex. Now, if the beach, street restaurants and good food is not at the top of your list, than go to Sao Paulo. (will be the subject of a later post)

• Upvote 1

As promised here is the Rio web page info: RIORELAX.com.br

Once the web page has loaded click on TRAVESTIS and scroll down, You will find a good number of girls and the corresponding phone numbers. Any number starting with (21) is in Rio. Click on any one of the pictures and it will open a page with the details of the individual including location and dick size, dote stands for dick. If you call to make arangements to see someone, in most cases you are expected to go to the apartment of the person you are talking to.

One more web page is: DISTINTAS.net/

Once the web page has loaded click on the BRAZILIAN FLAG than click on CATALOGO and go to SELECTIONE A CIDADE and select RIO DE JANEIRO. That will give you a selection of shemale photos with phone numbers. Click on a specific picture and will get a page with more photos and specific details of the person you selected.

I hope that will get you started.

• Upvote 1

Now about Sao Paulo, This place is loaded with beautiful LB's and anybody "into" it should visit at least once. By the way, this applies to GG's as well.

Here it is much easier to pick up somebody on the street and not as dangerous as in Rio. After dark the area you want to visit is where the following streets intersect: Rua Maj. Sertorio and Rua Regio Freitas and Rua Benito Freitas, lots of LB's. There is a convienient short time hotel with nice rooms and shower close by. This takes care of the language problem on the phone for people not familiar with portuguese, A practical hotel close by to be used as a base(3 minute walking) is the COMFORT HOTEL DOWNTOWN at Rua Araujo 141 Cosolacao, Sao Paulo BR 01220-020, Phone (55)112137 4600. Check out those locations on Google maps.

Now as to contact info, here are some websites: CHANTILY.com.br, click on ENTRAR, click on ACOMPANHANTES than go to SAO PAULO and select BONECAS ( BONECAS stands for shemales) below are sorted on hair colours and skin colour, Loiras=blond, Mesticas, mulatas etc. Select what you want to see and click on it. This will load the photos, click on the photo and you get the details including dick size.

An other site is DISTINTAS same as in previous post but select SAO PAULO instead of Rio.

One more site is: MALICIA,com.br, once the web page has loaded click on ACOMPANHANTES, select SAO PAULO and select BONECAS. Click on photo to get detail info on individual including age, dick size, active or passive, etc. Locais = will tell you where she will go. Local propio = her place, local do cliente = your place, Moteis = hotel.

I may bore some of you with this detail, but since all of these web pages are in portuguese it was done for the benefit of people not knowing portuguese.

In all of these web pages not only will you get the needed contact info but you will have tons of ladyboy photos. Enjoy

• Upvote 1